New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    taking the brake fluid from the reservoir only? wtf...

the brake fluid near the calipers take all the abuse aka (heat). you bleed them out and topoff the reservoir....
    Also brake fluid being hygroscopic, water buildup in the reservoir is inevitable. Water being denser than oil will have to go down into the brake calipers/piston causing corrosion to the metal parts. That is why brake lining should be flushed periodically as per the PMS.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by supadude View Post
    lol. yes pinadala ko lang kasi sa dad ko siya nag pa gawa. binilin ko sa kanya ano mga papagawa. habilin ko pa bleed, aba nung andun na siphon lang mahaba naman daw hose at malalim inabot, na buset nga ako mahal pa bayad 500, katwiran ng gumawa malinis pa naman daw yun fluid na inalis. sana ako nalang nag diy and just buy ourselves a pizza. hanap nalang siguro ako ng ibang shop na mag bleed, I worry kasi kahit first 40k yun, our car is an automatic so stress talaga preno.

On power steering, can I do it diy? pag kabig ba left and right ok lang patay makina or dapat talaga patay makina? mejo alanganin ako mag bukas ng hose sa ilalim baka magka problema pa.

on the tranny, no I don't want to change every 2 - 3 years, I think dialysis nalang ulet para good for another 40k na ulet yun.
    On power steering, can I do it diy? pag kabig ba left and right ok lang patay makina or dapat talaga patay makina? mejo alanganin ako mag bukas ng hose sa ilalim baka magka problema pa.

Yes you can. Kailangan nakabukas makina para mabilis ikabig pero kailangan off agad makina tuwing ikakabig kasi pressurized yung steering pump. Pwede ka naman gumamit nung sa turkey para hindi ka makalat

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ With the engine ON, it's going to be a 2-3 person job to do it properly so as not to damage the PS vane pump.

One guy on the driver's seat to turn the wheel
    One or two guys to constantly pour new PSF in the reservoir (to prevent the vane pump from running dry) AND hold the container where the fluid is expelled. As the return line is free-flowing, the fluid tends to gush out violently when the engine is running and could spill all over if the hose is not held on to the container.

You can also do it with the engine OFF and it only takes one guy to do it

Get as much PSF out of the reservoir with a turkey baster and remove the return line and insert it in a container for old PSF.
    Pour new PSF in the reservoir up to the brim (with the return hole temporarily plugged), get inside and rotate the steering wheel to one side. Pour in more PSF in the reservoir and turn the steering wheel in the opposite direction.

Repeat this process several times until you see clean fluid coming out the return line.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    ^ With the engine ON, it's going to be a 2-3 person job to do it properly so as not to damage the PS vane pump.

One guy on the driver's seat to turn the wheel
    One or two guys to constantly pour new PSF in the reservoir (to prevent the vane pump from running dry) AND hold the container where the fluid is expelled. As the return line is free-flowing, the fluid tends to gush out violently when the engine is running and could spill all over if the hose is not held on to the container.

You can also do it with the engine OFF and it only takes one guy to do it

Get as much PSF out of the reservoir with a turkey baster and remove the return line and insert it in a container for old PSF.
    Pour new PSF in the reservoir up to the brim (with the return hole temporarily plugged), get inside and rotate the steering wheel to one side. Pour in more PSF in the reservoir and turn the steering wheel in the opposite direction.

Repeat this process several times until you see clean fluid coming out the return line.
    Hindi ako sanay ng engine off when draining the power steering fluid kasi palaging may naiiwan parin based on experience.

Ayun turkey baster pala tawag doon!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Power Steering Fluid Change QUICK and EASY - YouTube

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Instead of turkey baster, you could use a windshield washer pump or fluid pump available at online stores. They are less messy yet easy to operate. Pump could also be used to renew brake fluids in the reservoir, suck excess oil in the sump, and more..

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    thanks sa mga inputs, mejo hinde ko pa ma figure out but watching the video naintindihan ko na sinabi ninyo. salamat ng marami sa inputs.

if i follow the video how many times you suggest to do the drain and fill method?
    will twice be good enough? i'm thinking to drain then fill, run for a short ride, come back lunch muna then drain and fill again.

For the Power steering fluid, which Power Steering fluid is good? Toyota or pwede na sa Shell lang?

may video din ako napanood sa brake bleed kaso nakaka takot baka hinde ko mabalik mabuti yun drain needle sa caliper so better leave it to the expert nalang siguro.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    thanks sa mga inputs, mejo hinde ko pa ma figure out but watching the video naintindihan ko na sinabi ninyo. salamat ng marami sa inputs.

if i follow the video how many times you suggest to do the drain and fill method?
    will twice be good enough? i'm thinking to drain then fill, run for a short ride, come back lunch muna then drain and fill again.

For the Power steering fluid, which Power Steering fluid is good? Toyota or pwede na sa Shell lang?

may video din ako napanood sa brake bleed kaso nakaka takot baka hinde ko mabalik mabuti yun drain needle sa caliper so better leave it to the expert nalang siguro.
    Sa innova kasi na 1 bottle kaya mo gawin yan 2 times (yung 1 liter/1 quart). Yung una pang tanggal ng tira tira then yung 2nd pour yung gagamitin na.

Gumamit ako ng pureguard premium PSF. Yung clear.. para mas makita yung "latak". Yung usual kasi na available is yung color red fluid pero ok din naman.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    Sa innova kasi na 1 bottle kaya mo gawin yan 2 times (yung 1 liter/1 quart). Yung una pang tanggal ng tira tira then yung 2nd pour yung gagamitin na.

Gumamit ako ng pureguard premium PSF. Yung clear.. para mas makita yung "latak". Yung usual kasi na available is yung color red fluid pero ok din naman.
    ok. 1 liter lang pala kasya na sa dalawang banlaw. haha.

Am i right that Yun Power steering fluid at ATF iisa? so pag nag pa dialysis ako ng tranny pa sobrahan ko nalang then yun tira yun ilalagay ko sa Power steering. TIV kasi yun bibilhin ko na ATF, from tranny dialysis, all the way from banlaw to final fill.

mga ilan liters po pala magagamit sa tranny dialysis?

on brake fluid, any review on Prestone brake fluid na DOT3?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    ok. 1 liter lang pala kasya na sa dalawang banlaw. haha.

Am i right that Yun Power steering fluid at ATF iisa? so pag nag pa dialysis ako ng tranny pa sobrahan ko nalang then yun tira yun ilalagay ko sa Power steering. TIV kasi yun bibilhin ko na ATF, from tranny dialysis, all the way from banlaw to final fill.

Pwede ka gumamit ng ATF sa power steering pero i'd suggest na gumamit nalang ng totoong power steering fluid. Kung religious ka naman magpalit in the future ok lang siguro.

12 liters tapos another 3.3-3.8 liters ata para sa ilalagay na sa transmission. H

Ok naman ata

Toyota Innova PMS (Periodic Maintenance Service) Thread