New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_maristela View Post
    Greetings, Tsikoteers.

I just had my Innova's first 1K PMS at Toyota Shaw. I'll start with the details:

Year: 2013
    Make: Toyota
    Model: Innova 2.5 J M/T
    Kilometer reading prior to PMS: 1048 kms.
    Time given to Toyota: 10:44 AM
    Time promised: 12:00 PM
    Actual time given back: 1:00 PM
    Estimate cost: P2,119.66

Description of work done:
    Replaced engine oil - 7 liters (Mineral) --------------------- P1,412.95
    Replaced engine oil filter (1 pc.) -------------------------------- 425.60
    Gasket (1 pc.) -------------------------------------------------------- 31.11
    POL (Petroleum, Oil, & Lubricants) a.k.a. Misc. (1) ---------- 250.00
    Total invoice amount ------------------------------------------ P2,119.66

Less:
    Free 1 liter of mineral oil ------------------------------------- P 201.24 (given for free by my agent)
    10% discount on parts ------------------------------------------- 186.96 (my agent said I could ask for this everytime I get service from them)

Total amount due ------------------------------------------------- P1,731.46
    Total amount paid ------------------------------------------------ P1,731.41

Obviously there are a couple of things here that aren't clear. I'll discuss that later. I'll talk about my experience first. I called my agent to have the 1K PMS appointment scheduled for me last Saturday, May 25th. I got to the dealer at 10:40 AM and surrendered my key at 10:44 AM. When I got to the reception area for service, they asked for my service booklet and my info.

After a minute of looking at the board where they keep appointments, the receptionist said that I don't have a scheduled appointment. I explained that my agent scheduled the appointment for me and that the SA, let's just call him Bob, is expecting me. She said that the info wasn't relayed to them, so she gave me a walk-in number to line up for an SA. I called my agent and told him what happened and it got straightened out.

First lesson of the day: DO NOT have your appointment scheduled by your agent. Call the service department directly.

After I spoke to Bob, he said that it'll only take an hour for the whole procedure (which includes the car wash). I decided to log search Google for PMS info and I found this thread. That's when I started finding out about these unnecessary parts, fluids, and procedures that SA's recommend. It's a good thing that the SA my agent referred me to didn't recommend anything unnecessary, so I was happy with that. I did, however, felt concerned about the price quotation and what I read on some of the posts here. There was about a P500 difference from the average of P1,600++ and the P2,119 that was quoted to me.

Second lesson of the day: Always get a quotation first before having an appointment scheduled, compare prices by calling other dealers, and check Tsikot for info.

An hour and fifteen minutes passed and I still haven't gotten word if they're done servicing the vehicle. This was exactly at noon. After a few minutes, my agent approached me and told me the mechanic took his lunch break! Unbelievable! He took his friggin' lunch break when I haven't even had mine! I became naturally upset when he told me. I pointed out that the time they quoted me that I would get my Innova back was noon. To make the long story short, I ended up waiting another hour.

Third lesson of the day: Expect delays in the service department. Especially if they put their needs first before the customer's. Outrageous!

Going back to the two things that were unclear. When I got the service bill, which was at 12:30 PM, the first thing I noticed was the item tagged as "Misc." which cost P250. I proceeded to ask what that was and the girl from the service department said it was for processing of documents (P250 for documents?!). Naturally, I was suspicious, so I asked for a breakdown of that specific charge. She came back to me with that "Misc." charge mysteriously changed to POL. Whatever. Second item that was unclear was the discount. I asked about the 10% discount my agent said I would get because it wasn't indicated on the bill. The lady who gave me the bill looked baffled. I asked my agent to straighten it out and they did... after 30 more minutes (while my Innova was being washed)!

Fourth and final lesson of the day: Never let the dealers get away with robbing you. Always ask for the details of what they charge you and have it on record. They bank on people not knowing what to ask or what to ask FOR, so they take advantage.

So after two hours and fifteen minutes of waiting, watching the Pacers lose to the Heat, and having two cups of water (they also have an unlimited supply of coffee), I finally got my Innova back and ended up paying only P1,731.41 (I don't know where the 5 centavos went and I don't care anymore).

My overall rating for Toyota Shaw based on my Innova's first 1K PMS experience is a 7. I might come back to the same dealer if they give me an honest quotation for the 5K PMS. We'll see.

I hope this review of Toyota Shaw for PMS was extensive enough to help anyone who needs info.

By the way, if you need more info about the parts that need replacing for every PMS, I found this link on the Toyota website. I find it helpful.
    sir.. ang alam ko sa Toyota Shaw Service.. hindi mo nakikita ang kotse mo habang ginagawa kaya hindi mo alam kung ano ang status ng trabaho.. kung ginagawa ba talaga o hindi.. at ang pinakanakakatakot dyan baka mamaya may gawing kalokohan sa kotse mo tulad ng kahoyan ng parts.. wag naman sana.. nangyari na sakin yan pero hindi sa Toyota kundi sa Diamond Q. Ave.. kaya ito ay unsolicited piece of advice lang..

I would suggest sir na pumunta ka dun sa casa na kung saan nakikita mo ang kotse mo habang ginagawa.. marami ng casa ang ganun ang setup.. in that case walang lusot ang mechanic kse pwede mo panoorin habang ginagawa nila yung kotse mo.. at pwede mo ireklamo pag may di ka gusto sa nakikita mo..

In my case.. sa Toyota North Edsa ako nagpapagawa at sa agent ko rin ako nagpapa appointment.. then meron akong narereceive na text from Service department for confirmation ng appointment.. usually first thing in the morning ang kinukuha kong schedule * 7AM for two reasons

1. Less traffic
    2. Fresh pa lahat ng tao sa casa especially the mechanics

then pwede mo panoorin habang ginagawa kotse mo.. in my case nasa harap ko lang kotse ko habang ginagawa.. halos isang dipa lang ang layo sakin behind a glass wall.. kaya hindi pwede petiks ang mga mechanics..

so far lahat ng PMS ko walang hassle at lahat on time ang trabaho.. isang oras lang tapos ang PMS..

regarding sa discount.. meron din yan pero kelangan mong i print yung discount coupon from their website then present mo sa SA mo.. 10% parts and 5% labor..

lastly.. as per the recommendation ng ating mga ka tsikot dito sa thread.. avoid car wash sa casa after ng PMS kse nagagasgas lang..

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Thanks for the tips, homhomnova.

Quote Originally Posted by homhomnova View Post
    sir.. ang alam ko sa Toyota Shaw Service.. hindi mo nakikita ang kotse mo habang ginagawa kaya hindi mo alam kung ano ang status ng trabaho.. kung ginagawa ba talaga o hindi.. at ang pinakanakakatakot dyan baka mamaya may gawing kalokohan sa kotse mo tulad ng kahoyan ng parts.. wag naman sana.. nangyari na sakin yan pero hindi sa Toyota kundi sa Diamond Q. Ave.. kaya ito ay unsolicited piece of advice lang..

then pwede mo panoorin habang ginagawa kotse mo.. in my case nasa harap ko lang kotse ko habang ginagawa.. halos isang dipa lang ang layo sakin behind a glass wall.. kaya hindi pwede petiks ang mga mechanics..
    Actually, Toyota Shaw has the same glass wall you were describing where customers can see their vehicle being worked on by the mechanics. I wasn't able to completely see everything that the mechanic was doing though because I was watching the Pacers vs. Heat game. I'll pay attention more closely next time.

regarding sa discount.. meron din yan pero kelangan mong i print yung discount coupon from their website then present mo sa SA mo.. 10% parts and 5% labor..
    I didn't have to print the discount coupon from the website because my agent said that I'll get a 10% discount everytime I have my vehicle serviced there. It was part of the deal we made before I bought it. Thanks for letting me know about the coupon online though. Is the coupon a one-time use only kind of coupon? Or can I print and use it everytime I bring my vehicle for the PMS?

lastly.. as per the recommendation ng ating mga ka tsikot dito sa thread.. avoid car wash sa casa after ng PMS kse nagagasgas lang..
    About the car wash after PMS, I inspected my vehicle before I left the dealer (which I always do after having my car washed/serviced) and I didn't see scratches or any other surface damage. Could you direct me to the thread where our fellow tsikoteers experienced something like that so I can avoid that dealership please?

Thanks again!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Thanks for the tips, homhomnova.

Actually, Toyota Shaw has the same glass wall you were describing where customers can see their vehicle being worked on by the mechanics. I wasn't able to completely see everything that the mechanic was doing though because I was watching the Pacers vs. Heat game. I'll pay attention more closely next time.

I didn't have to print the discount coupon from the website because my agent said that I'll get a 10% discount everytime I have my vehicle serviced there. It was part of the deal we made before I bought it. Thanks for letting me know about the coupon online though. Is the coupon a one-time use only kind of coupon? Or can I print and use it everytime I bring my vehicle for the PMS?

About the car wash after PMS, I inspected my vehicle before I left the dealer (which I always do after having my car washed/serviced) and I didn't see scratches or any other surface damage. Could you direct me to the thread where our fellow tsikoteers experienced something like that so I can avoid that dealership please?

Thanks again!
    sir.. I don't remember if that was in this thread or in the Toyota Innova Owners thread.. I just read through it when I was backreading..

yung sa discount coupon.. you can print it everytime na magpapa pms ka then present mo sa SA.. kelangan yun kse iaattach yun sa billing/invoice..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    sir.. I don't remember if that was in this thread or in the Toyota Innova Owners thread.. I just read through it when I was backreading..

yung sa discount coupon.. you can print it everytime na magpapa pms ka then present mo sa SA.. kelangan yun kse iaattach yun sa billing/invoice..
    car wash after PMS sa toyota dasmarinas cavite nakaka disappoint. daming swirl marks. pati engine detail parang inisprayan lang ng WD 40, andun din ang dumi kasi i wipe it off pag dating sa bahay yung trapo sobra itim...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

don't avail of the casa car wash/detailing sa labas na lang..... mas pulido nag gawa.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Just had our 1k PMS at Toyota North Edsa, Change Oil lang...Used Regular Mineral Oil and palit ng Oil Filter. buti nalang di sila nag aalok ng kung ano ano na additives, tsaka wala sila additional charges like POL and Misc... Total Damaged 1,637.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by blood_knight View Post
    Just had our 1k PMS at Toyota North Edsa, Change Oil lang...Used Regular Mineral Oil and palit ng Oil Filter. buti nalang di sila nag aalok ng kung ano ano na additives, tsaka wala sila additional charges like POL and Misc... Total Damaged 1,637.
    It looks like I'll get my 5K PMS at Toyota NE. By the way, blood_knight and homhomnova, what are the names of the SAs that assisted you? Did you use the coupon from the Toyota Balintawak website to get a 10% discount blood_knight?

TIA!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011

pms price is just right sir.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    It looks like I'll get my 5K PMS at Toyota NE. By the way, blood_knight and homhomnova, what are the names of the SAs that assisted you? Did you use the coupon from the Toyota Balintawak website to get a 10% discount blood_knight?

TIA!
    ang SA ko ay either si Tolits (counter 5) o si Aris (counter 6).. pero based on my observations.. mukang ok lahat ng SA sa Toyota North Edsa kse lahat ng customers happy at nakangiti when they get back their cars.. including me..

yung discount coupon.. pwede mo iprint yung sa website ng Toyota Balintawak then present mo sa SA.. bale 10% parts at 5% labor ang discount..

one thing lang na di ko pinapagawa sa kanila ay yung car wash after ng PMS.. although hindi ko pa sinubukan na ipa car wash sa kanila..

but overall.. ok sila.. hindi sila nambobola ng customers at hindi sila nag aalok ng kung ano ano pag hindi kelangan..

btw sir.. suggest ko lang.. magpa set ka ng appointment para hindi ka na pipila at kunin mong schedule ay early in the morning around 7am.. simply because no traffic at fresh pa ang mga tao sa casa especially yung mga mekaniko..

so far.. wala pa akong hassle na naeexperience sa kanila..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    sir.. musta unit mo? wala naman issue? sabi nung agent natin mas nauna pa raw dumating yung plaka mo kesa sakin..

Toyota Innova PMS (Periodic Maintenance Service) Thread