Nov 2012
    Salamat Sir ericson21!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    get a quality filter if you plan go 10k OCI

3. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Sir Ginnova,

meron bang quality filter sa casa? mga magkano kaya ang price difference nya sa regular filter.

pag every 10K ba ang PMS, casa will also perform/include yung para sa every 5K? ang last ko was 80K, now balik ako casa for the 90K, yung bang for the 85K eh kasama sa 90K PMS?

many thanks po.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    try looking for a baldwin or fleetguard filter. oem filter only good 5k kms.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Sir matanong ko lang po kung ayos lang ba magpa PMS sa labas. We're using 2010 Innova d-4d G A/T. 46,416 na ung natakbo nya and every 5k ang PMS namen. And we Delo Gold lang yung oil na ginamit namen. Hindi ba malulunod ung makina nun kasi 6.5liters yung nilagay?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by millean View Post
    Sir matanong ko lang po kung ayos lang ba magpa PMS sa labas. We're using 2010 Innova d-4d G A/T. 46,416 na ung natakbo nya and every 5k ang PMS namen. And we Delo Gold lang yung oil na ginamit namen. Hindi ba malulunod ung makina nun kasi 6.5liters yung nilagay?
    1. pms outside the casa may void certain warranties on your car.. but this shouldn't be a problem if you swore never to bring the car back to the casa. ever.
    2. the non-casa talyer may not be aware of the pms maintenance schedule for your car. either you have to tell them, or they will simply make a guess.
    3. the non-casa talyer may not be aware of the adjustment tolerances unique to your car.
    4. the non-casa talyer may charge less than the casa price for the same job.. but then again, they may not.

5. malulunod makina...? use the right grade oil, and consult the oil filler stick marks to guide you in the volume requirements.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    1. pms outside the casa may void certain warranties on your car.. but this shouldn't be a problem if you swore never to bring the car back to the casa. ever.
    2. the non-casa talyer may not be aware of the pms maintenance schedule for your car. either you have to tell them, or they will simply make a guess.
    3. the non-casa talyer may not be aware of the adjustment tolerances unique to your car.
    4. the non-casa talyer may charge less than the casa price for the same job.. but then again, they may not.

5. malulunod makina...? use the right grade oil, and consult the oil filler stick marks to guide you in the volume requirements.
    hmm. change oil lang ginawa namen sir and change ng filter. Consider naba yun na PMS? Sorry for being too newbie sir. And regarding to 5, idk what to say about right grade oil and oil filler sticker marks.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by millean View Post
    hmm. change oil lang ginawa namen sir and change ng filter. Consider naba yun na PMS? Sorry for being too newbie sir. And regarding to 5, idk what to say about right grade oil and oil filler sticker marks.
    change oil and filter are just one of the several checks the casa people are supposed to perform during pms. i think the owner's manual lists down several others, during every 5000K interval. it is assumed that the average car owner knows nothing about cars, and therefore the casa must perform each one of these religiously for the customer. now, a non-casa shop can do many things well, but you may have to tell them what to do, because they may not be well-versed with your car manufacturer's schedule. for example, not every car requires change oil every 5000km..
    you may ask me what i do with my car. well, i let the casa have the run of my car until the warranty runs out. from thence, i take my car to the gasoline station or to paco or pasay rotonda, for fixin'. of course, i'm knowledgeable enough that i can tell the mechanics there what i want done.
    the owner's manual lists down the recommended oil and other car fluid and consumeables requirements. the oil filler stick is the long metal stick that ends in a ring that you pull out from the engine block, so you can see the oil, so you can decide whether your oil is dirty or clean, or if needs topping up or not. it's also in the owner's manual. what oil do i use? the cheapest i can find on the gas station's shelves (because my manual says i can use it).

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    grabe ganito ba talaga kamahal pa change oil sa casa? 20kilometers na ko.. ang estimate 5,500 pesos ordinary mineral oil lang gamit plus basic lang oil filter gasket etc.. wala pang atf na kasama diyan.. sa inyo ganyan din ba? para gusto ko na tuloy mag pa change oil na lang sa talyer maganda oil pa gagamitin di aabot ng 5k

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Toyota Davao has the worst after sales service ever!!! Was on time for our 9:30 AM appointment for a simple PMS...it is now 4:15 PM and our Innova G has not even checked-on. To make matters worst, walked-in client's units were attended first. Why do they even bother coming up with appointments when it does not serve any purpose whatsoever. Toyota Davao does not even come close to Toyota Cagayan de Oro in terms of service, no wonder Toyota Cagayan de Oro has always been the Toyota Dealer of the Year for consecutive years. What do we do as clients...? email their Head Office...they don't get back to you... so we just find ourselves ranting our guts out on forums like this.
    Last edited by bite_me; December 27th, 2012 at 05:14 PM. Reason: spell checked

Toyota Innova PMS (Periodic Maintenance Service) Thread