New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1511 of 1530 FirstFirst ... 1411146115011507150815091510151115121513151415151521 ... LastLast
Results 15,101 to 15,110 of 15296
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Could it be the battery of the remote key is somewhat depleted that's why it won't start at times? just clicking sound and there is no problem with the car battery.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Could it be the battery of the remote key is somewhat depleted that's why it won't start at times? just clicking sound and there is no problem with the car battery.
    i am assuning your car does not have remote start capability.

in my opinion,
    the battery of the remote key, powers only the remote's electronics. it has nothing to do with the car's battery and engine.

my guess is, that clicking sound suggests starter solenoid issues.
    if so, it'$ an ea$y fix, consisting of replacing the starter solenoid.

have it fixed asap, sir.
    if your car is AT, it'll leave you stranded at the most in-opportune time and place.

good luck.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am assuning your car does not have remote start capability.

in my opinion,
    the battery of the remote key, powers only the remote's electronics. it has nothing to do with the car's battery and engine.

my guess is, that clicking sound suggests starter solenoid issues.
    if so, it'$ an ea$y fix, consisting of replacing the starter solenoid.

have it fixed asap, sir.
    if your car is AT, it'll leave you stranded at the most in-opportune time and place.

good luck.
    Yes could be the starter solenoid mine is d4-d engine but isn't it that if the solenoid is the culprit I can't start my engine anymore? This happens randomly and I know that the remote is connected to the car alarm security system so I'm assuming it could be the culprit. I encountered this already at least two times.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Yes could be the starter solenoid mine is d4-d engine but isn't it that if the solenoid is the culprit I can't start my engine anymore? This happens randomly and I know that the remote is connected to the car alarm security system so I'm assuming it could be the culprit. I encountered this already at least two times.
    i had similar experience with my non-innova car, some years back, and it turned out to be the solenoid. "it probably starts out as an intermittent, before it becomes a permanent."
    mura lang naman ang key fob remote battery, compared to the $olenoid.
    might i suggest an experiment: buy the replacement battery, and replace the current one.
    if i am wrong, then you now have an extra replacement battery for your remote.
    heh heh.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    You are right dr. d my car won't start and it is indeed the solenoid starter. I just can hear the clicking sound but engine won't start anymore. Any recommended electrician or shop that provide home service in manila? please let me know so that this could be fix and how much would a solenoid starter normally cost does it need to be oem or taiwan brand will do?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    You are right dr. d my car won't start and it is indeed the solenoid starter. I just can hear the clicking sound but engine won't start anymore. Any recommended electrician or shop that provide home service in manila? please let me know so that this could be fix and how much would a solenoid starter normally cost does it need to be oem or taiwan brand will do?
    if your car is MT, you can push-start her and drive to your friendly talyer.
    if AT...

the job is pretty straightforward; a half-decent mekaniko can do it.
    i have no idea how much it will cost now.
    the last one i purchased was more than 10 years ago, and it was not for a toyota. it cost less than 2K, back then.
    i probably recommend japan parts. i still believe japan is still better than other asian.

good luck.

i have no mekaniko to recommend.
    taga san po sila?
    mebbe some tsikoter here can recommend.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if your car is MT, you can push-start her and drive to your friendly talyer.
    if AT...

the job is pretty straightforward; a half-decent mekaniko can do it.
    i have no idea how much it will cost now.
    the last one i purchased was more than 10 years ago, and it was not for a toyota. it cost less than 2K, back then.
    i probably recommend japan parts. i still believe japan is still better than other asian.

good luck.

i have no mekaniko to recommend.
    taga san po sila?
    mebbe some tsikoter here can recommend.
    Yes mine is AT so I cannot drive it to the nearest talyer. Location of vehicle is in Manila I appreciate if other tsikoter here could recommend.

8. Join Date
    May 2015
    Hi, has anyone tried buying timing belt from Seiwa automotive? Are the products there legit? I'm looking for another options. They sell cheap "genuine" items. I have budget naman if sa casa bibilhin pero syempre, if may cheaper price naman for the same product diba? Hehehehe. Thank you in advance and keep safe!

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by johann123 View Post
    Hi, has anyone tried buying timing belt from Seiwa automotive? Are the products there legit? I'm looking for another options. They sell cheap "genuine" items. I have budget naman if sa casa bibilhin pero syempre, if may cheaper price naman for the same product diba? Hehehehe. Thank you in advance and keep safe!

might i suggest,
    contact the casa, po.
    sometimes, they have a promo (that they do not actively advertise) that comes to approximate the non-casa prices.
    in my belt change a couple of years ago, casa had a promo package that approximated the banawe pricing.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 5th, 2023 at 11:58 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by johann123 View Post

i have bought from seiwa before. items were original. i don't think you will have a problem here if you should decide to buy from them

Toyota Innova Owners & Discussions [continued 3]