New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1472 of 1530 FirstFirst ... 13721422146214681469147014711472147314741475147614821522 ... LastLast
Results 14,711 to 14,720 of 15292
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by blank check View Post
    Rotor Discs are due for replacement na. I really think it had something to do with how the in-law drove and maintained it.

Anyway, I had the parts for 3 weeks now, but still haven't got the time to visit my cousin (mech).

Rotor Discs: Powerplus
    Brake Pads: Bendix

Salamat Shopee
    I tried bendix, after 8 months maingay na.
    I thought manipis na yung brakepad but after checking, makapal pa daw.
    Hindi na ako nakapaghintay, sobrang ingay during braking kahit makapal pa.
    Better stick with the OEM brand or the original ones.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Not sure about Bendix but my 15-yr old Vios which is currently at ~270K odo had always been using Bendix. That original rotors lasted for 261K. Had the brake pulsations for about a year though before I had it replaced. But still, I'm impressed with how long it lasted.

Now for the Innova's rotors being a little too early, in-law used it as Grab for 90K km, when I took over it I already noticed slight pulsations when braking. The daily short city trips along with constant braking had it coming but what made it worse was I remember him sometimes pressure-washing the car coming from a day's trip. Spraying water on those hot rotors I think is the worse thing you can do to them.

Will watch this Bendix pads in the Innova just the same and update here if I can after maybe a couple kms. Thanks for the heads up, guys!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    kindly describe the strange sound.
    can you make the sound appear by revving the engine while idling?
    is it continuous or intermittent?
    also, does it affect your aircon's cooling ability?

what test did the aircon shop do, that was their basis for their advice for replacement?
    I would like to make an update on may AC sound issue. The strange grinding or rough sound definitely emanates from the compressor. The shop were able to repair and rebuilt the compressor by replacing the scroll and bearing inside, they also flushed the condenser to remove the dirty oil inside. Now, the sound of my AC is seamless right after the clutch clicks.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    I would like to make an update on may AC sound issue. The strange grinding or rough sound definitely emanates from the compressor. The shop were able to repair and rebuilt the compressor by replacing the scroll and bearing inside, they also flushed the condenser to remove the dirty oil inside. Now, the sound of my AC is seamless right after the clutch clicks.
    Your AC shop sounds like a very competent one. What’s the name of the shop if I may ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    yeah!
    san 'tong shop na ito?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Looks like a good AC shop / technician indeed. Magkano po lahat inabot sir? Compressor repair, condenser cleaning, and recharging.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    napalitan na pala rotors ko. braking is smooth again. no brake surge, no pedal pulsations.

For reference nalang din:

Innova 2017

Disc Rotors (2.3k each)
    Toyota PN: 43512-0K170
    Powerplus PN: PRD-47800

Brake Pads (1,080 set)
    Bendix DB 2396 GCT

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    when my worn disc pad's metal backing ground into my rotor,
    i had it re-faced in banawe.
    "good as new".
    i vaguely recall, less than 1K yata ang hecho derecho ng rotor...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by blank check View Post
    napalitan na pala rotors ko. braking is smooth again. no brake surge, no pedal pulsations.

For reference nalang din:

Innova 2017

Disc Rotors (2.3k each)
    Toyota PN: 43512-0K170
    Powerplus PN: PRD-47800

Brake Pads (1,080 set)
    Bendix DB 2396 GCT

Php2,300 each rotor toyota original oem?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    when my worn disc pad's metal backing ground into my rotor,
    i had it re-faced in banawe.
    "good as new".
    i vaguely recall, less than 1K yata ang hecho derecho ng rotor...
    That's fine if it's still thick (well above minimum thickness) and not warped.

Toyota Innova Owners & Discussions [continued 3]