New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1505 of 1533 FirstFirst ... 1405145514951501150215031504150515061507150815091515 ... LastLast
Results 15,041 to 15,050 of 15328
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    but in fareness,
    some older batteries near the end of their lives (i.e., batteries way past their warranty periods), do not take well to long-standing non-use, while waiting for the body repairs to be finished..
    these batteries can sometimes die spontaneously because of 1-2 weeks of non-use.
    running the engine can sometimes keep those batteries from dying.
    my one such battery died.

my view on this,
    "it's a mixed bag."
    I thought they use battery chargers for this [emoji23]

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    I thought they use battery chargers for this [emoji23]
    they do?
    i wouldn't know.
    is that routine, or is that on as-needed basis, with extra "charge" to the costumer ?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    but in fareness,
    some older batteries near the end of their lives (i.e., batteries way past their warranty periods), do not take well to long-standing non-use, while waiting for the body repairs to be finished..
    these batteries can sometimes die spontaneously because of 1-2 weeks of non-use.
    running the engine can sometimes keep those batteries from dying.
    my one such battery died.

my view on this,
    "it's a mixed bag."
    its the modern age na, meron na computerized batt testers na kahit casa meron din. di na kailangan mag sayang ng gasolina/krudo para lang ma maintain ang laspag na baterya...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    its the modern age na, meron na computerized batt testers na kahit casa meron din. di na kailangan mag sayang ng gasolina/krudo para lang ma maintain ang laspag na baterya...
    the casa is not the one making sayang the crudo; the car owner is, as he's the one paying for it!
    heh heh.

i do not doubt the modern-ness of the age.
    ... but do they do such service, in the casa?
    ang alam ko kasi sa casa, they replace. they do not repair.
    but i suspect, they do have battery charger, but only to start costumer's dead-battery car, when being claimed by owner.
    or maybe jumper wires.
    whatever.
    bahala na ang owner, when he can't start the car the next day.

errr,
    i do not maintain laspag na baterya. i replace it asap, because it's usually a gambling game that i have a large chance of losing in.
    but back in the day, when we were students and had very thin wallets, we would persevere with laspag battery syndrome, until we got enough money to buy a new battery.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 20th, 2022 at 01:00 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    hello may naka experience na po ba nito Click here for video, parang may naiiwan na thin film ng tubig, yung aircon vents di naman po nakatutok sa windshield less than 4 months lang yung wiper blades(Bosch Aerotwin Banana type wipers), need po ba i glass detailing ito or di magandang klase yung nabiling wiper?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by knightindustrie View Post
    hello may naka experience na po ba nito Click here for video, parang may naiiwan na thin film ng tubig, yung aircon vents di naman po nakatutok sa windshield less than 4 months lang yung wiper blades(Bosch Aerotwin Banana type wipers), need po ba i glass detailing ito or di magandang klase yung nabiling wiper?
    Napaka-humid lang talaga sa labas at malamig setting ng aircon mo.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by knightindustrie View Post
    it's not a very good view, as only a little bit of the windshield is visible.
    but here goes.

i am not sure if that is condensation from outside (happens when it is humid outside, i..e, rain, and it is very cold inside your car because of the aircon).
    alas! there is no solution, except to heat your windshield.
    you can kill your aircon, but then the condensation will be inside your windshield naman!
    turning off the aircon and opening the window will clear up all the condensations, in and out, but i personally also do not want to. not in the rain!
    personally, i do not think it is condensation, because condensation is easily wiped off by even a bad wiper blade.

a second possibility is, your windshield is very finely scratched already from wear and tear, or from acid rain. if so, you need a good polishing.
    also, it might not be scratched, but it is contaminated with oil or grease. a good washing with soap should clear this up. wash also the blades.

a third possibility, is your wiper blades are worn and need replacement.

lastly, there is a combination of the above.

good luck.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 2nd, 2022 at 09:50 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    i can't access right now, what uls above posted.
    office blocking mechanism at work. heh heh.
    but,

each door has a couple of drain holes underneath.
    humiga kayo o gumamit nang salamin or handheld cellphone, upang makita.
    tigtapos ay suksukan nang tingting, and wait for the water to flow out.
    Follow-up question.... are rainwater supposed to get inside the side doors and drips automatically? or there is already a problem with my gasket seals in my side doors?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Follow-up question.... are rainwater supposed to get inside the side doors and drips automatically? or there is already a problem with my gasket seals in my side doors?
    Design ng innova yan. May plugs sa ilalim ng doors. Problema lang kapag dumumi, nagbabara kay naiipon ang tubig.

Inalis ko na lang lahat ng plugs. My older cars dont have it naman at di kinalawang

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    no car manufacturer wants water to get inside their cars' doors. but to make them truly waterproof, would be prohibitively expensive.
    so they do the next best thing: provide drainage.

look at your car, sir, and see if the glass runners and the window rubber are warped.
    kung hindi naman... just enjoy your car, keep the drain holes open, and let the drain holes do their job.

so why do car doors' drain holes get clogged?
    "dirt."
    Last edited by dr. d; September 3rd, 2022 at 10:34 AM.

Toyota Innova Owners & Discussions [continued 3]