New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1497 of 1529 FirstFirst ... 1397144714871493149414951496149714981499150015011507 ... LastLast
Results 14,961 to 14,970 of 15286
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    pinag loloko tayo ni toyota sa facelift, di man lang binago yung posisyon ng turnilyo

Worth it ba ang gayan na convert facelift?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Chavez View Post
    Worth it ba ang gayan na convert facelift?
    kung may extra pera eh why not... mas okay mag ka hiwalay ang foglight at turn light, di yata makita ang turn/signal light kapag naka ilaw ang fog light

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    kung may extra pera eh why not... mas okay mag ka hiwalay ang foglight at turn light, di yata makita ang turn/signal light kapag naka ilaw ang fog light
    Hindi ko kasi alam if magkaiba ang beam or buga ng foglight dyan sa new na face nya, yung sakin 2019 so far satisfied ako sa foglight w/ LED na naka install

4. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    pinag loloko tayo ni toyota sa facelift, di man lang binago yung posisyon ng turnilyo

How much yung conversion sa bagong facelift?

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

that's why it's called a facelift, sir.

the bony structure underneath is the same,
    while the overlying skin and soft tissues are manipulated.

that way,
    owners of older models who do not have the wherewithal to purchase new cars, may avail of facelift kits to youngify their old bones....
    think of the additional money the manufacturer will rake in!

so, is a facelift worth it?
    it always depends on one's point of view...

personally,
    i prefer stock original.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 22nd, 2022 at 11:53 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013

It really shouldn't be a surprise. It's just a "facelift". Trend yan to most other carmakers. Magtaka po kayo kung All-new yan tapos same "posisyon ng turnilyo" prin.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    2KD. nagpa full tank ako. i always turn off the engine and remove the key sa cylinder when i do gas up.

nung nag start, the needle didn't moved at all (it was 3/4 before). pati yung range km indicator hindi tumaas. i tried restarting a few times pero ganun pa din.

weirded out, umuwi muna ako. tumaas naman sa F pero soooooobrang bagal, like mga 1-2KM muna bago mag F.

may lakad ako later that day and uneventful naman, pero the range km indicator hindi pa rin tumaas. bumababa just like driving it normally.

pag uwi ko, i decided na tanggalin yung negative battery terminal overnight to clear any electrical gremlins. pag start ko ngayong umaga, bumalik na sa 530KM yung range.

ngayon observing muna kung accurate pa din yung gauge, monitor na lang palagi sa trip meter versus yung estimated range when i fill up.

may naka experience na nito sa inyo?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    2KD. nagpa full tank ako. i always turn off the engine and remove the key sa cylinder when i do gas up.

nung nag start, the needle didn't moved at all (it was 3/4 before). pati yung range km indicator hindi tumaas. i tried restarting a few times pero ganun pa din.

weirded out, umuwi muna ako. tumaas naman sa F pero soooooobrang bagal, like mga 1-2KM muna bago mag F.

may lakad ako later that day and uneventful naman, pero the range km indicator hindi pa rin tumaas. bumababa just like driving it normally.

pag uwi ko, i decided na tanggalin yung negative battery terminal overnight to clear any electrical gremlins. pag start ko ngayong umaga, bumalik na sa 530KM yung range.

ngayon observing muna kung accurate pa din yung gauge, monitor na lang palagi sa trip meter versus yung estimated range when i fill up.

may naka experience na nito sa inyo?
    we have three innovae.
    their fuel gauge needles do take a long time to move, after re-fueling, even when new.
    i don't pay attention to their slow rise to power, anymore. they do get there, eventually.

the E variant has only two ordinary trip counters, and one odometer.
    the G variant has trip counter, km/li, range, temp, etc.
    i zero them after re-fueling.

one of the cars, however, developed an issue that i have not been able to fix.
    the highest the fuel needle can go, is 3/4, even at uma-apaw na full tank.
    but the empty-indicator needle position, has also gone down about 1/4 lower than usual.
    i just learned to adjust my feelings about it.
    the low-fuel light is powered by another circuit, i think, and still functions as per usual.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 4th, 2022 at 11:59 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    That's normal.

A bit of history: Analog fuel gauges of yesteryears were directly hooked up as a discrete circuit. That means, the gauge and the fuel sender (the float inside the tank) are hooked up directly. When the float goes up, the gauge needle goes up, almost instantaneously. The problem is, when fuel sloshes around inside the tank or if you drive up or downhill, the float tends to jump around, which can lead to the fuel gauge going all over the place. The solution at the time was simply to incorporate a damping effect on the gauge. This slowed down the gauge needle so it doesn't mirror what the float is doing inside the tank in real time.

Today, fuel gauges are controlled electronically. Meaning, there's no direct connection between the fuel sender and the gauge. The fuel sender sends its values to the ECU and the ECU tells the fuel gauge how much fuel is in the tank. It also runs the display on the trip computers to show your range, among other things. The physical dampening is no longer with the gauge needle.... this is now done by the computer.

If you filled up your fuel tank while the engine is running, the computer will sense that the float is rising consistently, and it will tell the gauge to move up in near real time. But if you turned off the engine at say, half a tank (the last fuel quantity the computer saw before going to sleep), then you gave it a full tank, then restart the engine, suddenly the computer will see that the tank went from half to full. It will initially see it as an error and keep the needle pointing at half-tank. But if that level remains consistent (which it will be after a fill-up), the computer will decide that it's not an error and will gradually raise the gauge needle, albeit slowly due to electronic dampening and averaging, and will eventually give you the correct fuel readout after some time.
    Last edited by oj88; July 4th, 2022 at 02:38 PM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    i disagree na it's normal, ever since i am fueling it up na tanggal susi, when it is filled up palo agad sa full when i turn it on. reflect din agad yung range km indicator.

same behavior with the 1GD na palo din agad pati range. ngayon ko lang naexperience ito.

can't short the float to test kasi walang access sa pump from inside the cabin, baba fuel tank agad.

Toyota Innova Owners & Discussions [continued 3]