New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1477 of 1529 FirstFirst ... 13771427146714731474147514761477147814791480148114871527 ... LastLast
Results 14,761 to 14,770 of 15287
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Yes just short trip probably 15km back and forth in a day.
    Before the pandemic, the vios was my daily driver 40km r/t and gets me an avg of 12kpl. During the pandemic na madalas 15km r/t on grocery runs lang, avg kpl went down to 10.

The innova, however, long drives lng mostly. Nasa 12kpl for the past year.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    It's that time again....

My last oil change was January of 2020... 19 months ago. But because of the quarantine, my vehicle only travelled a little under 4,000 km during that span of time. Nevertheless, I should've changed it earlier, but decided to put it off until today.

Better late than never.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Used the same oil in my last change. So far nothing sounds broken Not that I will know if there is lol.

Anyway, using this type of oil, change interval is still at 5K km? Or can that be extended to 10K km? I need to open that manual now.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i have a question.

i have noticed thru the years, that all of my diesel 2005 innova's dashboard lights have gone dim. not just the instrument cluster, but also the radio controls and the aircon controls as well.
    only the directional lights and the various instrument checks (at the start of "on" but before ignition) appear to be still bright.
    my car does not have a dashboard light intensity control.
    since all these lights are dimmer now than before, i am suspecting they may all be due to a bad grounding.
    would anyone here know if these lights have a common ground cable, and where it is located? maybe a cleaning and tightening of the bolt will cure my problems?
    thanks.
    please don't tell me that i have to replace each LED behind the dash, and clean each and every bulb and bulb housing in the radio, airflow buttons, and aircon buttons...

also,
    long story. but my driver's seat support railings (the pair that bolt onto the body and where the seat sits on and gets adjusted front and back), have deformed, mainly due to my instructions to the mekaniko.
    would anyone here know where i can get a replacement pair, even surplus, cheap? i do not want to take a chance on having them pukpok-ed back to original shape.
    casa sells them, at 10K apiece!
    Last edited by dr. d; October 2nd, 2021 at 10:12 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Doc, if still stock then those lights are old school incandescant type. What you're seeing is just the filament slowly burning itself out. You can replace them with the same bulbs, or go LEDs.

The gauge cluster bulbs will look like this:

And the climate control bulbs like this:

Here's a video showing bulb replacement on an old corolla.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Doc, if still stock then those lights are old school incandescant type. What you're seeing is just the filament slowly burning itself out. You can replace them with the same bulbs, or go LEDs.

thanks.
    i've actually replaced my aircon dial light twice, already. and it's something i do not look forward to doing. and so...,
    "where can i have someone do a good job of all these for me?"
    is there a speciaty shop that does these things as a matter of routine? i mean, i am sure it happens to a lot of innovae...

my 2005 innova still runs great, and it will probably be barat-ed to death should i choose to sell her now. i prefer to just fix the minor issues... like the dim dash lights.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 2nd, 2021 at 11:24 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    on yet another issue,
    my innova's tail lights go dark on a regular basis. upon inspection, however, the bulb is good. the electrical connection to the bulb holder seems to go dirty. is there a product that i can spray on, to prevent the contacts from going dirty over time?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    on yet another issue,
    my innova's tail lights go dark on a regular basis. upon inspection, however, the bulb is good. the electrical connection to the bulb holder seems to go dirty. is there a product that i can spray on, to prevent the contacts from going dirty over time?
    Dielectric grease.

Unless it's an issue with the socket spring (for BAY15D / P21/5W bulbs) not providing enough pressure on the contacts.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    thanks.
    my next question is, "where can i have someone do a good job of all these for me?"

my 2005 innova still runs great, and it will probably be barat-ed to death should i choose to sell her now. i prefer to just fix the minor issues... like the dim dash lights.
    word of caution with led bulbs. these neo wedge bulbs come in a variety of sizes. once l have come to the problem that the bulb is too wide in diameter to pass thru the opening though the base size (t4.2) is correct.

i think there are plenty in fb market place who can do a great job of replacing your bulbs. maski in amy color pa ata you want.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post

When it's upgraded to LEDs it looks like optitron gauges..

Toyota Innova Owners & Discussions [continued 3]