New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1444 of 1529 FirstFirst ... 13441394143414401441144214431444144514461447144814541494 ... LastLast
Results 14,431 to 14,440 of 15286
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Diesel is subsidized by the government to cater to the masses who use public buses and jeepneys which needs diesel fuel. Too bad though that these vehicles are the worst in terms of emmissions.

No elected official would dare take away that subsidy and be branded as anti-poor. It is a sure way to lose in the elections.
    Diesel nga kailangan sa public transportation at sa business para sa transport of goods. Madaming naisasakay at mataas ang utilization.

Kung kaya, huwag na sana makisawsaw sa diesel pang private personal use. Kaso iyon nga, masyadong tempting ang cheap fuel.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Diesel nga kailangan sa public transportation at sa business para sa transport of goods. Madaming naisasakay at mataas ang utilization.

Kung kaya, huwag na sana makisawsaw sa diesel pang private personal use. Kaso iyon nga, masyadong tempting ang cheap fuel.
    if we are serious in pollution reduction,
    we should subsidize gasoline and "penalize" diesel.
    baka wala nang bumili ng suv et uv.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    Mayrun naman gas-fed SUVs. There are even much more choices and platforms to choose from (small, compact, midsize, full-size). I love my compact utility vehicle (CUV) and I wouldn’t trade it for any of those PPVs.

There is also a gas-fed Innova. It is even cheaper than the diesel-fed model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I love my compact utility vehicle (CUV) and I wouldn’t trade it for any of those PPVs.
    To each his own, I guess. We have different needs. But I'd like to tackle two things: Size and comfort.

PPVs are larger, no doubt, and has higher carrying capacity in terms of volume and weight. This is typically afforded by its larger mass and the utilization of a ladder frame. Some people, like myself, value that. Second, a PPV-based vehicle does not always mean it drives and behaves like a truck. For example, the Hilux and Innova may share a platform but the Innova uses coil springs at the back, compared the leaf springs on the Hilux.

Leaf springs vs coil springs... that distinction alone makes the Innova ride almost like a sedan, a rather big sedan/estate car. Although, I'm sure the purists would disagree.

There is also a gas-fed Innova. It is even cheaper than the diesel-fed model.
    The economy and an individual's buying power is what pretty much dictates what they'll get, along with priorities, use cases, and other needs. Some look at a lower outright purchase, while some look at the long-term TCO. Still some, would strategically choose a Diesel if their primary use case is to haul people or stuff. There are finer nuances in between but you get the gist.

So while the CUV vs PPV is polarizing, each has their own pros and cons.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    To each his own, I guess. We have different needs. <snip>

The economy and an individual's buying power is what pretty much dictates what they'll get, along with priorities, use cases, and other needs. Some look at a lower outright purchase, while some look at the long-term TCO. Still some, would strategically choose a Diesel if their primary use case is to haul people or stuff. There are finer nuances in between but you get the gist.

So while the CUV vs PPV is polarizing, each has their own pros and cons.
    Agree. Sana maging significant factor din sa decision ang mundo na ipapamana natin sa mga anak natin.
    Minsan emotional purchase ang sasakyan.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    As good as the Innova in terms or space and practical sense, I would not say it drives like a sedan, compact or midsize. An Accord or Camry or Mazda6 would still trump it in terms of comfort and driving dynamics. A CUV like a RAV4/CRV/Forester/CX5 would still have an advantage in terms of handling as they are more like sedan on stilts. The new Innova 2.8L is quick though for an MPV, even quicker than some PPVs.

However, the Innova checks all the right buttons in what most Pinoys need in a vehicle (7 seats, diesel-fed, cargo space, affordable, ease of maintenance, Toyota brand name). The Innova can do almost everything the Fortuner can do in its practical sense but sadly, it does not look as good as the Fortuner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    As good as the Innova in terms or space and practical sense, I would not say it drives like a sedan, compact or midsize. An Accord or Camry or Mazda6 would still trump it in terms of comfort and driving dynamics. A CUV like a RAV4/CRV/Forester/CX5 would still have an advantage in terms of handling as they are more like sedan on stilts. The new Innova 2.8L is quick though for an MPV, even quicker than some PPVs.
    Oh, I didn't mean like it handles like a sedan. At the least, the suspension is softer/smoother than most PPV... approaching sedan-like. Heck, I drove a Civic FD and the Innova is still more comfortable. The FD had a harsh/relatively-sporty suspension.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    The thing I like the most about the last gen Innova is the A/T. The gear ratios get the most out of the engine and is excellent for urban roads. It never felt sluggish in an urban setting.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    If that happens, maraming kukuha ng 2.0L Innova gas. Hihina naman sales ng 2.8L diesel.

Same thing goes for the Fortuner. Mas maraming bbili ng 2.7 vvti than 2.4/2.8 diesel. Parang nung 1st gen Fort. Mas marami akong nakikitang 2.7 gas than d4d fort.

Sales of rav4 and rush might increase as well.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    I noticed rat poop inside Innova engine bay It was park in the garage for a long time. Im afraid it will eat my wirings what is the remedy for this?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Toyota Innova Owners &amp; Discussions [continued 3]