New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1433 of 1529 FirstFirst ... 13331383142314291430143114321433143414351436143714431483 ... LastLast
Results 14,321 to 14,330 of 15286
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Newbie question....

if I disconnect the battery habang naka off engine may ma a-apektuhan po ba sa innova?

nakita ko kasi yung nagpalit ng battery naka on engine tapos sabi nya masisira daw yung computer pag naka off tapos walang battery

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Chavez View Post
    Newbie question....

if I disconnect the battery habang naka off engine may ma a-apektuhan po ba sa innova?

nakita ko kasi yung nagpalit ng battery naka on engine tapos sabi nya masisira daw yung computer pag naka off tapos walang battery
    Id run away from mechanics na ganyan.

Mas masisira ang computer and electronics sa ganyan. Imagine, unfiltered, potentially high voltage spike dadaan sa electrical system. Wala yung battery so walang mag soften ng impact to electronics.

I have a 2019 innova and my inlaws own a 2012 and 2015 versions. Inalis ko battery nung 2019 a few times and the 2 old innova ilan bese na din nadrain ang battery for weeks. Yung 2015 was actually in storage for 6 months.

Worst that happened nagreset ang radio station programming ang reset clock

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Newbie question....

Most vehicle manufacturers include how to replace the battery in the owners manual.

Mine explicitly say, turn off the engine. the clock has to be reset and thats it.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Newbie question....

like sirko said,
    i lost my favored radio station selection, and i lost my car clock's setting.
    i had to re-set everything.

disconnecting the battery is no big deal.
    experts recommend disconnecting the battery if undergoing certain electrical-related procedures.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Newbie question....

I would recommend turning off the engine before replacing or in your case, disconnecting the battery.

The battery serves as your voltage regulator, keeping the voltage nominal for all of your vehicle accessories including your computer module.

Of course, accessories and computer module have tolerances for a higher voltage and alternators have voltage regulators, too. But I would always engage the ever reliable battery to control the voltage and protect the accessories from voltage spikes. (practically the same principle as the ups)

Anyway, it is just a matter of reprogramming your settings... Fun doing that every couple of years, bro...
    Last edited by CVT; July 4th, 2020 at 10:53 AM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    innova is a well-built car.
    it is a shame that the new model is larger than the previous.
    medyo mahirap sakin, dahil makitid neighborhood namin...
    mas type ko tuloy na bumili ng slightly used, kaysa kumuha ng bago. sigurado pa sa EP.
    heh heh.
    If you're fixated on the EP, doc, your can purchase a pre owned current gen Innova... May mga 4 years na iyan sa market....

Narrow road?

As in one way? Kunin ng paurong!😍😎😉

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    If you're fixated on the EP, doc, your can purchase a pre owned current gen Innova... May mga 4 years na iyan sa market....

Narrow road?

As in one way? Kunin ng paurong!������
    ganun na nga po.
    my last innova purchase (previous model pa) already had an LTO plate number, para siguradong puedeng gamitin sa araw na kailangang gamitin.

narrow road.
    as in, hindi puedeng mag-salubong ang isang kotse at isang trisikad.
    and the corners are polluted with parked tricycles, waiting for passengers.
    nagla-lagare ako sa 90 degree corner turn.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ganun na nga po.
    my last innova purchase (previous model pa) already had an LTO plate number, para siguradong puedeng gamitin sa araw na kailangang gamitin.

narrow road.
    as in, hindi puedeng mag-salubong ang isang kotse at isang trisikad.
    and the corners are polluted with parked tricycles, waiting for passengers.
    nagla-lagare ako sa 90 degree corner turn.
    Ganyan talaga doc sa lugar ng mga maykaya sa Pasay....😉🙃

Plus of course, kung pre-owned, medyo depreciated na ang presyo, and if sorted carefully and with a bit of luck, you nailed a very good deal...😍😎

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    thanks po sa mga reply, sa mga battery shops din kasi like motolite, hindi nila pinapatay engine pag mag papalit sila ng battery, yung clock and radio nga lang ang alam ko nirereset pag walang battery.. thanks po sa inputs...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hello guys,

A family friend is offering his 2019 Innova 2.8E with 15K KMs to us at 900k+

I'll test drive it on sunday, anything to look for? Like yung mga common issues ng innova sa batch na to, if any?

Toyota Innova Owners & Discussions [continued 3]