New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 180 of 182 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182 LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1815
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ericson21 View Post
    woah. ako din free labor nun eh, tsk2. pina compute mo muna ba bago i PMS? bakit kaya yung sakin 2700, badtrip talaga. grrrr.
    sa akin kaya magkano ipipilit nila? thanks to you guys handa na checklist ko! wag lang makatyempo ng makulit

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    Eh? don't do this on a hilly up-and-down road like baguio, and you'll likely fall off the road.
    everyone who has a manual trans does it! we've been doing it on our ride since 14 years ago. just when will all these disadvantages happen?
    my point: the potential danger of not using engine brake, far outweighs the potential savings in expenses.
    my 88 centavos' worth..
    AMEN BRO!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 2rm View Post
    Good Day sa lahat, just want to share, got my 2011 Innova 2.5 M/T yesterday from Toyota Dasmarinas. I had a very accomodating sales agent kaya it took only 2 days to release my unit. Inquire ko lang about sa tint medyo d lang ako nagandahan sa tint sa likod na pinto kc my cut sa gitna and halatang halata kapag tumingin k sa rear view mirror. D b talaga kayang i-tint ng buo at walang cut ang rear window ng innova? Thanks
    one piece tawag don bro. pag tamad ang installer me cut ang gawa nila lalo na sa mga curved glass tulad ng likod ng innova matrabaho kasi. ask mo kung pwede 1 piece install. pag ayaw punta ka na lang sa racer's edge. 3M din ata dun. save yourself from the aggravation.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by batang sutil View Post
    every up and down road should have its corresponding gear to use, not over rev. or under rev./ engine lugging, or else you will meet your favorite mechanic more often than usual, thats why these cars that regularly going up hill and down hill have different maintenance schedule (short intervals) than cars used in low lands, just try to go downhill from baguio to la union using just engine brake, and other vehicle using corresponding gear and using the brake, you can tell the difference. i used to work before at pepsi la union plant, we have fleet of civic 02 model, 2 of them going to baguio at daily basis, 5 years used before sold at auction, these 2 units have big difference at their engine condition and performance, i know because im driving the other 1. thats my point about potential abnormal engine wear due to over rev. from using regular practice of engine brake.
    bro you still use the proper gear in engine breaking. over rev is used in emergency brake failures. use engine braking WITH normal brakes in down hill situations. engine braking NEVER reaches red band of your RPM. your just using the engine as ADDITIONAL resistance so hindi over worked ang brakes.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    to owners of g model, i noticed hindi namamatay ang ilaw ko sa panel. considering wala pa akong tint.

meron ba akong nakalimutan? tinry ko narin tutukan ng ilaw yung sensor sa harap pero di parin namamatay.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Bronze Innova G still on display at Abad Santos.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    to owners of g model, i noticed hindi namamatay ang ilaw ko sa panel. considering wala pa akong tint.

meron ba akong nakalimutan? tinry ko narin tutukan ng ilaw yung sensor sa harap pero di parin namamatay.
    Which panel are you talking about sir? Yan ba yung sa speedometer? Kung yun nga, normal lang yan sir, ganyan talaga optitron.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by crossedge View Post
    Which panel are you talking about sir? Yan ba yung sa speedometer? Kung yun nga, normal lang yan sir, ganyan talaga optitron.
    yes its the speedo.

so, what's the purpose of the sensor near the windshield? is that functional or just a dummy?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    yes its the speedo.

so, what's the purpose of the sensor near the windshield? is that functional or just a dummy?

natanong ko na din yan, parang dummy lang yan. naka abang lang pero di pa na add na feature...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by family driver View Post
    bro you still use the proper gear in engine breaking. over rev is used in emergency brake failures. use engine braking WITH normal brakes in down hill situations. engine braking NEVER reaches red band of your RPM. your just using the engine as ADDITIONAL resistance so hindi over worked ang brakes.
    yes mga sirs we have our own driving styles and techniques, we are here to share ideas and experience, maybe the 1 i experienced is different from yours and the others. :cheers2:

Toyota Innova Owners & Discussions [continued 2]