New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 67 of 1323 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy
    ALl innova i think has Oriental 2SM as their batteries.. sealed and maintenance free..

WBR, ;)
    Maintenance free battery siguro for G &/or E variants only. My battery for J-variant is not maintenance free. I think it's Oriental 2SM Turbo - not sure. I-check ko rin mamaya.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by busy road
    Innova_Boy
    What kind or type of battery & manufacturer equipped with your innova? I'm just wondering kung sealed of flooded type siya and the AH rating. I think the best battery is Varta-Germany lead acid, flooded type.
    One of my friend gave me a device known as Hydrometer to measure the specific gravity of a lead acid flooded type battery to know the condition of charge state.
    At least as a owner, we should know the basic maintenance of our car.
    Varta maybe the best. But, the local batteries are as durable as the imported one. Before, I used Delco (twice) and they both lasted for more than 2 years. The last that I used for my Corolla was Oriental maintenance free - more than 2 years din ang inabot. So ang ni-replace ko is another Oriental maintenance free - battery (free delivery pa sa bahay). Pinagkaiba lang ng Delco & Oriental ay ang warranty period, 2 years for the former and 13 or 15 months for the latter.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    on the thermocooler, the innova extra outlet allows only up to 12V/ 120W as per manual..

WBR,
    So that's good. At least 10Amps ang fuse niyan.
    About the battery, sealed type pala ang naka-installed. I don't have to bring my hydrometer anymore. That's the only problem with sealed type. We can't measure the state of charge using hydometer for all 6-cells. So, the only way is to measure the total voltage accross the terminals while disconnected.

For all who are interested, these are the values that represents the condition of our battery:

- Condition--Sp. Gravity---Total Voltage
    ---100%----------1.265-------------12.7
    ----75%----------1.225-------------12.4
    ----50%----------1.190-------------12.2
    ----25%----------1.155-------------12.0
    --Discharge-------1.120-------------11.9
    Last edited by busy road; April 15th, 2005 at 06:38 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by geebunny
    Varta maybe the best. But, the local batteries are as durable as the imported one. Before, I used Delco (twice) and they both lasted for more than 2 years. The last that I used for my Corolla was Oriental maintenance free - more than 2 years din ang inabot. So ang ni-replace ko is another Oriental maintenance free - battery (free delivery pa sa bahay). Pinagkaiba lang ng Delco & Oriental ay ang warranty period, 2 years for the former and 13 or 15 months for the latter.
    2-years in service OK na iyan. That's the normal lifespan of the car batteries.
    Do you know that the life span can be increased to 3 to 4 years? Yes, it's possible.
    Normally when we replaced battery, we directly installed without proper charging. We just rely on our alternator...Right? First battery charging is VERY IMPORTANT. Parang eggplant na kapag hindi tama ang pagkaluto, tumitigas iyan. Then, kahit anong gawin mung luto after, sira na iyan. Same with our batteries. So, be sure to charge your battery using portable charger.
    If you are using constant current charger, try this:
    Example:
    1. Battery is 50Ampere-Hour. Charge it with constant 5 amperes until the voltage reached 14.4V. Then decrease the charging current to 2.5 amperes. Complete charge battery can be noticed when the voltage reached a voltage of 15.6 to 16.2 without further increase for the next 2 hours. Additional information can be achieved if your battery is flooded type were you can measure the specific gravity of all cells at maximum 1.265 to 1.270.

2. Once every month, charge your battery using portable charger at 13.8 volts overnight even it is known to be good.

3. (For flooded type battery)Never let your plates exposed to air. Always add distilled or deionized water to top up to maximum.

I can assure you, following the above tips will lengthen the life of you batteries.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Re: thermocooler..

just want to ask kung how low temp ( say 15 degree celsius ba ) ang kaya niya i-maintain inside the cooler?? so how effective is this to properly cooll your drinks or whatever..

SO ibig sabihin, dapat frozen na coke in cans mo bago mo ilagay dun sa thermocooler??

WBR,

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    oops... sorry for nagiging off-topic tayo ah... he he he..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Re: thermocooler..

just want to ask kung how low temp ( say 15 degree celsius ba ) ang kaya niya i-maintain inside the cooler?? so how effective is this to properly cooll your drinks or whatever..

SO ibig sabihin, dapat frozen na coke in cans mo bago mo ilagay dun sa thermocooler??

WBR,
    Innova boy, When I first got this thermocooler I pluged it in and tested it right away. Was also eager to find out the lowest temp it can attain and so I put in my clock thermometer inside and after 15 mins check the temp and it is 5șC . The manual says it can lower the temp 20șC from ambient temp. If you will be on a short trip it is best to place cold drinks but not necessarily frozen. But the way i use it in my room as a refrigerator I just put in even room temp drinks and enjoy it after 2 hrs thereafter. You can check out thermoelectric cooler at google and find interesting topics about it.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Hello once again fellow INNOVA fans! just want to know if any of you had their sound system upgraded na... para kasing napaka plain naman ng HU natin , any head unit na pwede dun or pwede din kaya yung 1 dinna pioneer? how about the speakers? how about AMPs and SubS? thanks!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    about car batteries, i had this good experience of buying this obscure battery brand about 3 and a half years ago for my old car. the brand is incoe. bought it somewhere in paco, manila. it is 2SM in size and packaged in translucent white plastic casing, kind of you can see the electrolyte level . when i bought it i was surprised to see it has no electrolyte yet in it. the store owner told me he would fill it w/ electrolyte and have it electrically charged for at least 30minutes. so there it went. It was installed in my car and I paid something like PHP1,300 back then. The thing is THAT BATTERY is still working up to now, going on its 4th straight year!!! I can't believe that obscure and rather inexpensive battery can outlast my previous car batteries which cost way above !!! in the past 3.5 years i just topped it up w/ distilled water whenever i see the electrolyte level slightly dip from the prescribed level. I recommend you try it. or at least find a battery and battery store where they only pour the electrolyte upon purchase. I guess that partly explains the long life of the battery.

Magkano ba yung mga battery charger (for cars )