New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 68 of 1323 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by accs
    Hello once again fellow INNOVA fans! just want to know if any of you had their sound system upgraded na... para kasing napaka plain naman ng HU natin , any head unit na pwede dun or pwede din kaya yung 1 dinna pioneer? how about the speakers? how about AMPs and SubS? thanks!

gusto ko din pa upgrade ng sounds. But seems that nowhere to put a bigger subs. I've got a 12" subs lying at home. Dati gamit ko to sa Adventure ko. The only space for the subs that I can see is at the rear.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eric
    about car batteries, i had this good experience of buying this obscure battery brand about 3 and a half years ago for my old car. the brand is incoe. bought it somewhere in paco, manila. it is 2SM in size and packaged in translucent white plastic casing, kind of you can see the electrolyte level . when i bought it i was surprised to see it has no electrolyte yet in it. the store owner told me he would fill it w/ electrolyte and have it electrically charged for at least 30minutes. so there it went. It was installed in my car and I paid something like PHP1,300 back then. The thing is THAT BATTERY is still working up to now, going on its 4th straight year!!! I can't believe that obscure and rather inexpensive battery can outlast my previous car batteries which cost way above !!! in the past 3.5 years i just topped it up w/ distilled water whenever i see the electrolyte level slightly dip from the prescribed level. I recommend you try it. or at least find a battery and battery store where they only pour the electrolyte upon purchase. I guess that partly explains the long life of the battery.
    Bro, perfect ang battery mo. Kainggit ka. That's right, if you maintain it the way I've mentioned, you can still increase the lifetime.
    Normally kasi, buffer operation ang function ng mga car battery. Meaning, the maximum current rating of the alternator is exceeded by up to 20% when additional load like power booster amplifier ( increasing the sound power output) & most of the time night time driving habbit with AC working. These are just the basic loads example that 20% power from the battery is being taken.
    This is a good explanation for long life span batteries.
    If we can lessen the loads in which the alternator can do the job alone without asking additional power from the battery, for sure the maximum lifespan of the battery can be achieved.

About battery charger's price, I don't know the price now. The last thing I still remember when I first left, US$ 1.00 = PhP 7.00, hehe.
    Mga Bro, if you are interested with the charger, you can do it youself. These are the basic parts:
    110-220 / 12V-0-12VA Transformer - at least 5 amperes rating at the secondary
    2 pcs. diodes rated 10 amps connected full wave.
    That's all, no need capacitor. You don't need regulated charger as this is used for overnight only. Most probably di mauubos ang PhP 500.00
    Take note: this charger can't be used for totally discharged battery. It will be used only for equalizing charge for your battery. But if you want more powerful charger, replace your tranformer to a higher rating, say 20amps ang higher diode rating.
    The one I am using right now is only 5 amperes.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza
    gusto ko din pa upgrade ng sounds. But seems that nowhere to put a bigger subs. I've got a 12" subs lying at home. Dati gamit ko to sa Adventure ko. The only space for the subs that I can see is at the rear.
    Bro, the basic requirement for good quality sounds is how you can reproduce the sound frequencies from 20 hertz to 20 kilohertz. This will start from your player up to your speakers. Both player & speakers should be matched for a clear & crispy sound. The higher the power, the better. I can give you tip on how to design your speakers. ( Copied from my thread in car electronics)
    Ported Box vs. Closed Box
    Ported box is a type of bass speaker enclosure that the desired resonance frequency can be tuned. Port is usually in the form of PVC tube that the length & diameter are to be considered. Diameter has to be determined to prevent undesirable noise due to air pressure. The length however, shorter makes the frequency high & vice versa.

Closed box is a fixed enclosure that can't vary the desired frequency once it has built. For this reason, speaker parameters have to be considered in designing enclosure. These are: Fs = free air resonance frequency, Qt = magnification factor & Vas = equivalent air volume. It needs a lot of computations to calculate the optimum box enclosure based on the actual speaker parameters.
    Generally, speakers with good quality magnets are designed for small enclosure. Locally made speakers' Qt are high which requires high volume to achieve desired bass frequency.

Additional pointers in choosing your speakers:
    1. Look for higher coil diameters. These are usually designed for bass.
    2. Select with high density or big magnet for lesser volume of your box.

Example Computation:
    Given Parameters
    Fs = 53 Hz
    Qt = 0.452
    Vas = 1.23 cu.ft.
    Box Volume = 15(Qt)^2.87 x (Vas) = 15(0.452)^2.87x1.23 = 1.889 cu.ft
    Box Frequency = (Vas/Box Vol.)^0.32xFs = (1.23/1.889)^0.32x53 = 46.2 Hz.
    Conclusion: The optimum box volume is 1.889 cu.ft with resonance frequency = 46.2 hz.
    Last edited by busy road; April 16th, 2005 at 09:16 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yang bang thermocooler puede ring maging heater instead of cooler??

Cause mine has this label instruction when you invert the plug connection eh magiging heater siya though havent tested it yet only the cooler..

WBR,

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy
    Yang bang thermocooler puede ring maging heater instead of cooler??

Cause mine has this label instruction when you invert the plug connection eh magiging heater siya though havent tested it yet only the cooler..

WBR,
    Puwede din food warmer or heater, sabi sa specs (65șC) switch lang sa kabilang side.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    With the rear seat in place, how much space does the Innova still have from the seat to the rear door? Sana lampas pa ng 12" para kasya thermocooler ko

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ung mga thermocoolers n warmers take a LOOOOONG time to actually cool or warm anything inside. binyahe ng kapatid ko sa V nya more than 2 hours halos walang kwenta. i tried leaving it on for 4-5 hours ayun lumamig na pero seriously u want to leave it on for 5 hours on ur car? baka di na magstart yan hehe

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    You cannot expect it to make things cold that fast like a refrigerator or heat it like an oven. Sabi nga sa specs, it is advisable to place cold drinks na before magbiyahe ka. Kung food warmer naman eh it will not boil or cook food just keep it warm.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by beeper0358
    With the rear seat in place, how much space does the Innova still have from the seat to the rear door? Sana lampas pa ng 12" para kasya thermocooler ko
    mine is 10" width and can fit naman sa likod ng third row seats.. tinesting ko kahapon... if 12" i think will do also for sure....but problem you need to buy extension cord cause yung cord included is only 5 ft long.. so di abot sa likod dahil sa baba ng dashboard ang outlet or cig lighter natin...

WBR,

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy
    mine is 10" width and can fit naman sa likod ng third row seats.. tinesting ko kahapon... if 12" i think will do also for sure....but problem you need to buy extension cord cause yung cord included is only 5 ft long.. so di abot sa likod dahil sa baba ng dashboard ang outlet or cig lighter natin...

WBR,
    Thanks Innova boy, I think it will work! The cooler comes with a 6ft cord, plus what you describe 5ft cord provided. Puwede ko nang iuwi ang cooler ko he he he.

Problema lang eh sana dumating na unit ko, sabi ng agent one week lang after reservation nandiyan na eh mag two weeks na wala pa daw

Puwede kaya i pullout reservation fee ko lipat ako kung saan may available, malamang umiyak ang agent