New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Hello toyota owners!! I would like to hear some few suggestions or comments regarding my inquiry. Which to choose a brand new gas toyota innova j or a diesel 2010 fortuner? Our budget for this item is around 900k only and will be used as a "company vehicle" for my advertising media business ( ako lang din muna naman gagamit for meetings and for some cargo purposes)

The innova gas variant j cost 839,000 brand new but my friend offers his 2010 fortuner for 850 k a d4d manual engine with 40k odometer silver color. The advantage of a brand new car typically is its new in every aspect. For the cargo, I think both of them has the same space and definitely will be very useful to the business. This will also be used daily on short trips like edsa to makati (heavy traffic). To be honest, nakakatukso talaga ang SUV, performance and credibility outstanding ang fortuner plus the way it looks. On the other hand, the innova is also trusted by both families and entrepreneur given its versatility on any road conditions again its bnew if I decided on it, no major complications or worries until 50 - 60k if im not mistaken. Gas or diesel is no problem for us.

I have our family van old suzuki apv 06 model (2nd hand) with 86k odo current which is andami ko na din pinalitan na parts when i purchased it last 2009 at (55k odometer) and last year my wife got a bnew vehicle 2012 june hyundai accent with 8k odo and so far no problems at all. As i have said, this company vehicle will be on daily usage..

Sorry if malayo ang comparison ko between a AUV and SUV, sa budget lang ako nag base. Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Long live the Philippines!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Nothing beats bnew, especially with the diesel versions where lots of parts that can wear out will cost you an arm and leg.

Vibration, noise and power loss are more evident with older diesels compared with bnew ones. Not to mention smoke issues.

Its an advantage if you know the previous owner.

Fortuner height might be a concern when loading and unloading goods.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my recommendations in order:
    1. your 2010 fortuner, but only if you know your seller well enough. personally, it's medyo too big for my neighborhood and simply too tall for the vertically challenged.
    2. B/N diesel innova E MT. costs a shade below 1M. this is what i have. satisfied owner ako.
    3. your B/N gas innova J. medyo malakas sa fuel costs.. i suggest you do your math, so you can decide how it stacks up against the competition..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my recommendations in order:
    1. your 2010 fortuner, but only if you know your seller well enough. personally, it's medyo too big for my neighborhood and simply too tall for the vertically challenged.
    2. B/N diesel innova E MT. costs a shade below 1M. this is what i have. satisfied owner ako.
    3. your B/N gas innova J. medyo malakas sa fuel costs.. i suggest you do your math, so you can decide how it stacks up against the competition..

IN terms of versatility, I think the innova is more handy for daily usage. The next question would be which is more beneficial a gas or diesel type?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    As a people carrier, mas comfortable ang gas. Less noise and vibration. 6-7kml city and 10-11 hiway. This is why i chose gas. I hate vibration

For haulling goods around the city, get the diesel 9-10 city and 12-13 hiway. Tahimik sa umpisa, pag tanda nyan iingay din sa luob.

Just keep in mind that diesels are prone to smoke belching and higher maintenance on the long run.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    As a people carrier, mas comfortable ang gas. Less noise and vibration. 6-7kml city and 10-11 hiway. This is why i chose gas. I hate vibration

For haulling goods around the city, get the diesel 9-10 city and 12-13 hiway. Tahimik sa umpisa, pag tanda nyan iingay din sa luob.

Just keep in mind that diesels are prone to smoke belching and higher maintenance on the long run.
    This is the reason why prefer ko ang gas, less maintenance and you can use higher octane gas levels. But i havent tried the diesel of tyota's, good feedback din naririnig ko.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    sir Shibby is right, nothing beats brandnew. But I suggest that you get the E variant of the Innova so it has oem power locks & power windows. aftermarket upgrades of these features won't last that long. Plus you get better seats, 15" alloy wheels, seat height adjuster, ABS, USB for your ipod and more colors to choose from.

The Innova has the same interior space with the Fortuner.

With its lighter weight, it'll return better fuel economy figures than the Fortuner (if its the Innova diesel).

8. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcats View Post
    sir Shibby is right, nothing beats brandnew. But I suggest that you get the E variant of the Innova so it has oem power locks & power windows. aftermarket upgrades of these features won't last that long. Plus you get better seats, 15" alloy wheels, seat height adjuster, ABS, USB for your ipod and more colors to choose from.

The Innova has the same interior space with the Fortuner.

With its lighter weight, it'll return better fuel economy figures than the Fortuner (if its the Innova diesel).

Ill try to check with my bank if how much for the innova e gas, sana me available na white color. I also checked the upcoming kijang by feb next year if this is true, then baka antayin ko nalang to siguro, atleast new model. Ill use muna my accent for the mean time. Hehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Pag well maintained naman I'd pick the 2010 Fort sir.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Pag well maintained naman I'd pick the 2010 Fort sir.
    sabi naman ng friend ko who is my former boss well maintained ng mga tao nya and negotiable ko pa daw makukuha. Anyway ill talk to him tomorrow regarding the fort, but i think sa bnew nalang ako siguro utang pa. Hehe

Toyota innova j (brandnew) or 2010 d4d m/t fortuner?