New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Bro nung ako nagpalit ng charcoal canister eto sagot mo sakin

Quote Originally Posted by vvti2.0 View Post
    If you will ask me, it is the old filler cap lang dapat pinalitan mo.
    Why now you're recommending it?

Mukhang dapat magpalit ka na rin charcoal canister.
    [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Eh kasi sabi nya ganun pa rin, malamang di na gumagana charcoal canister nya. Pero if you will ask me, ang trabaho ng charcoal canister at, i feed yung vapor sa balik sa tangke, sa pano magcause yung canister ng vacuum.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Alam ko 9k lang ang canister. 17k na pala.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Oh well i just asked. Pinalitan ko na din naman na.

Cost me 5K IIRC kaso from abroad binili.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Eh kasi sabi nya ganun pa rin, malamang di na gumagana charcoal canister nya. Pero if you will ask me, ang trabaho ng charcoal canister at, i feed yung vapor sa balik sa tangke, sa pano magcause yung canister ng vacuum.
    I think the function of the charcoal canister is to adsorb the fuel fumes carried by the exiting air and preveNt them from going out into the atmosphere. If the charcoal is blocked, pressures do not equalize and the tank can barrel or pincushion..
    But my question is, whatever happened to the fuel tank breather tubes of old?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I think the function of the charcoal canister is to adsorb the fuel fumes carried by the exiting air and preveNt them from going out into the atmosphere. If the charcoal is blocked, pressures do not equalize and the tank can barrel or pincushion..
    But my question is, whatever happened to the fuel tank breather tubes of old?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    If it absorbs paps and was blocked, ibig sabihin di dapat mag negative pressure.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If it absorbs paps and was blocked, ibig sabihin di dapat mag negative pressure.
    Not really... All it takes is alternating positive pressure and not-so-positive pressure inside the tank, courtesy of a blocked breather..
    All one has to do is prevent inner tank and outer atmosphere pressures from equalizing.. Do it often enough and that tank will deform or spring a leak.
    Consider... Car parked under baking noonday sun.. Tank is heated by sun above and by asphalt below.. Tank vapor pressure goes up.. Some vapor escapes thru semi-blocked breather.. Then driver drives home and parks in cool basement. Tank temp goes down and vapor pressure lowers. Some air manages to go in, but not enough and not fast enough.. Cycle this often enough and one morning, driver finds his tank leaking or distorted..
    Last edited by dr. d; July 26th, 2015 at 11:53 AM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Anybody experienced fuel tank problems on their Innova D4Ds? Last Sunday I heard a loud sound emanating from the bottom of my Innova. I looked and found nothing. Now my fuel gauge showed I used 1/8 of my fuel tank just for 40 kms of travel and I saw some splashed fuel underneath my ride on my left rear tire side after I got home. Anyone can help me where to have it repaired outside of the case? My warranty expired just last May 26. I live in Muntinlupa.

Thanks

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    breather yan

10. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Hi folks,

I know almost a year na last post for this issue. Just got a late 09 J gas Innova, got it 2nd hand. What year models are affected? What symptoms to watch out? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes