New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kristine123 View Post
    baka nag tataka kayo guys bakit na open ko ang topic ngayon since 2005 pa innova ko.

nag warp kasi ang gas tank ko dati. i did saw many times kaya i made a very small hole on my old gas cap. kaya no more pressure inside the tank.

natatakot lang ako baka biglang pumutok ang innova since open lang sya.

kaya i made my decision to buy a new charcoal canister and the newer 2008 gas cap.
    At some time naging active ako sa thread na ito, nabutasan ako gas tank had it repaired lang, replaced the charcoal canister and filler cap too of our 2006 Innova. Hindi lang ako sure if pang 2008 ba yun or same as the old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    baka nag tataka kayo guys bakit na open ko ang topic ngayon since 2005 pa innova ko.

nag warp kasi ang gas tank ko dati. i did saw many times kaya i made a very small hole on my old gas cap. kaya no more pressure inside the tank.

natatakot lang ako baka biglang pumutok ang innova since open lang sya.

kaya i made my decision to buy a new charcoal canister and the newer 2008 gas cap.
    Akala ko you made the decision to buy a new car

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Akala ko you made the decision to buy a new car

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
    i have a new car. Pero comfortable ako sa Innova Gas 2005.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    At some time naging active ako sa thread na ito, nabutasan ako gas tank had it repaired lang, replaced the charcoal canister and filler cap too of our 2006 Innova. Hindi lang ako sure if pang 2008 ba yun or same as the old one.

what do you mean sir? nabutasan ka pa rin ng gas tank kahit nag palit kana ng charcoal canister and gas cap?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    what do you mean sir? nabutasan ka pa rin ng gas tank kahit nag palit kana ng charcoal canister and gas cap?
    Hindi na, i replaced canister and cap after ko mabutasan

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...s-dsc07511.jpg

ito yung gas cap ko. recommended mo ito dati sir.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

may pressure pa rin nangyayari sir?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    Here's another problem with Innova gas tank and I knew Toyota Phils. knows this problem and still keeping their silence.

Here in Tsikot, there are already a lot of owners who do experience this problem not just once but twice or three times during the warranty period. But some like me have shoulder the cost of replacing it because I'm not aware that this is due to faulty design and components.

Here's my first gas tank, replaced using my Insurance claim and paid for my participation. Toyota only replaced my gas tank assembly.

Then after less than 9 months, the gas tank again warped on the same spot. This time I already knew that this is a real defect from components and negative pressure build up is flipping my gas tank floor inward, I tried opening the gas filler cap and instantaneously a loud flipping sound of metal from the gas tank could be heard. This explains the cracks and fuel leak, the constant flipping out and flipping in of gas tank floor weakens the cornered portion of the gas tank just beneath the front strap.

Here's the picture of my second gas tank, claimed under warranty that took me around 2 months to battle my claims with TMP. See how deep the the dent on the gas tank floor due to negative pressure. Together with replacing my gas tank, TMP also replaced my Charcoal Canister assembly and Filler Cap. I'm still hoping it won't happen again

Picture of warped gas tank showing how large is the dent due to negative pressure.

Other owners who experienced this, just show up and be counted, and to other owners who will experience this and your unit is still under warranty, be firm to claim it under warranty as this is really due to faulty components.

To the moderators, please have this thread sticky to warn others and to let them know that they should claim it under warranty.
    Up lang sa issue na to, naexp ko din sa 07 gas, same lang ba tank ng d4d sa vvti? pang d4d lang kasi avail ngaun, palitan n ráw kasi namin sabi ng mechanic, narepair na sya once and it leaked again.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2023

san and magkano po nagastos nyo sa filler cap and charcoal canister.?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2023

san po kayo nakabili sir ng filler cap at charcoal canister?

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556
Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes