New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jepps137 View Post
    the new filler cap worked with the innova 2007
    That is good news,- magkano ulit ito bros?

19.4K:tomato:

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    1450 kay toyorama.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    1450 kay toyorama.
    Thanks. Will visit the shop one of these days

4. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    1450 kay toyorama.
    Just called Toyorama, wala daw sila nung cover, di nga nila alam, part number, dala na rang daw as per sample.

Same na ba yung sa gas nung sa diesel?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Just got my cap, not really new, ibinigay ko yung old sa isang kaibigan, pagbalik iba na yung fuel cap ko wahehehee...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Update lang mga paps, nung nagpalit ako ng gas tank cover, yung dating pahigop ng hangin na pressure, naging palabas na sya.

Nung nag pa gas ako sa shell, nag tanung ako sagasoline boy sa experience nila ng pagbukas ng tangke kung san papunta hangin, sabi nila palabas daw talaga.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by siopaonatoasted View Post
    Update lang mga paps, nung nagpalit ako ng gas tank cover, yung dating pahigop ng hangin na pressure, naging palabas na sya.

Nung nag pa gas ako sa shell, nag tanung ako sagasoline boy sa experience nila ng pagbukas ng tangke kung san papunta hangin, sabi nila palabas daw talaga.
    Yup, that is correct bro...

That is the fuel vapor that equalizes the pressure inside the tank (kaya amoy gasolina).

19.5K:thatsit:

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Hi guys! Just new here and I must admit, I learned a lot from this forum. This is my story...

Mine is 2006 J m/t gas, and at 62K mileage. My innova runs perfectly up until last June 25. While driving at north expressway, I heard something underneath. It was like a stone hit certain metal part. I did not bother to check, stupid me . The following day, before leaving home, I smelled gas and i saw my gas leaking. I immediately concluded, that was the damage done by that stone, or whatever it was.

I called Toyota and believe me, it was a rough argument. I contested that due to the high cost of gas tank (18K, excluding labor), how come it was easily damaged. According to them, it can not be repaired and the only solution was to replace it with a new one. What else can I do? Nganga!!! Hehehe

After a week, when the gas was no longer leaking, I had a mechanic fixed it by putting steel epoxy on that very small crack just beside the strap. I was surprised when I saw the picture posted by nicnoc, that was the same spot where my gas leaks. Wonder how come? In this forum, my case is different since my gas tank was hit. I am now confused and I hope you guys can help me.... Thanks a lot

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    *jeachaelle,

If it was the same exact position, this is the warping tank syndrome and it was not exactly hit by stone. My first gas tank leak, and my first notion was - it was hit by hard object so I had it replaced using insurance claim, but it happened again after 6 months then I know it was not hit by hard object but a defect in design, because after the first incident and after the first tank replacement, I had a gas tank skid plate protector built by my welder friend to protect the tank from getting hit by hard object, but then still after 6months it happened again. I had my case presented to my dealer, they lifted the car and they saw the skid plate tank cover intact and with the tank warped like it was hit by hard object, this time the dealer replaced my tank, charcoal canister, and filler cap all free of charge.

Steel epoxy would not last long in a week time it would leak again, done that for 3 consecutive weeks heheeh Best solution was to have it pulled down by your mechanic and bring it to your suking radiator repair man and have it patched using suplete (torch and lead) and thin sheet of metal to brace the cracked portion. You would not even spend a thousand peso for this including your mechanic labor cost.

Replace also, the charcoal canister and filler cap and these are costly

10. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Only the filler cap is defective, not the charcoal canister.

Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes