New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kristine123 View Post
    i did not replace my charcoal canister and filler cap... inayos ko lang ang spring ng filler cap almost half ang pinutol ko para madaling papasok ang air kung need ng Gas tank. Para di mag WARP so far so good naman. no more warping.

dapat gawan mo ng paraan bago lalaki ang gastos mo sa gastank pag mag leak yan....
    I have observed that the dent stays as is, it doesnt get "inflated or deflated". Although baka replace ko na rin ang filler cap and maybe the charcoal cannister pag may budget na ka atf/oil change ko lang kasi .

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nujsimon View Post
    I have observed that the dent stays as is, it doesnt get "inflated or deflated". Although baka replace ko na rin ang filler cap and maybe the charcoal cannister pag may budget na ka atf/oil change ko lang kasi .
    tanong ko lang sir kung ano po ang fuel consumption ng Innova natin? nabasa ko na once mapapalitan ng charcoal canister ay mag improved ang FC?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Guys,
    Does the current/latest innova still have this problem? I was pretty much ready to buy but after finding this thread I'm having second thoughts.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by grey_mazda3 View Post
    Guys,
    Does the current/latest innova still have this problem? I was pretty much ready to buy but after finding this thread I'm having second thoughts.
    wala na pong problema from 2008 model upto now. (latest Innova.)

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if the gas filler cap is the problem, i suggest getting a cheap, replacement cap and drill a very small hole thru it. position the hole so that water does not easily get into it..
    i did it once in my older vehicle, and it worked.
    and if you change your mind, you can easily use your old, non-adulterated cap again..

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    same here it may be the breather.... yung ride ko may filter sa breather... and it was covered with dirt...it is positioned near the rear tires kaya nadudumihan...

baka po nagbabara na yung breather bec. of dirt coming from the tires... maybe we can positioned the breather hose away from the rear tires...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    same here it may be the breather.... yung ride ko may filter sa breather... and it was covered with dirt...it is positioned near the rear tires kaya nadudumihan...

baka po nagbabara na yung breather bec. of dirt coming from the tires... maybe we can positioned the breather hose away from the rear tires...
    i was wondering about that.. older cars always had a breather tube on their gas tanks, to prevent drastic differences in pressure that can distort the gas tanks, and/or wreak havoc to their carburetors or fuel injection systems... i wasn't sure newer cars still had them... and i'm too old to crawl under cars now to see if there are breather tubes still...
    so... porke hindi ko ma-check yung breather tubes, i took the easy way.. drilled a hole thru the cap cover..
    Last edited by dr. d; February 23rd, 2013 at 12:07 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post

You can actually removed the plastic mesh filter on the filler cap. This is what exactly TMBC did to my filler cap as a remedial solution while waiting for replacement parts.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    ok na po ba ngayon mga bago labas?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blood_knight View Post
    ok na po ba ngayon mga bago labas?
    wala ng problema sa mga bagong labas. kahit 2005 kong Innova wala na ring problema dito

Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes