New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Sis,- that is correct and that is what I wrote. Air coming out of the tank should be normal.... These are the fuel vapors...

Air going into the tank (tank pressure being lower than the atmospheric pressure) is the problem.... This is causing the tank to warp in (not out)... Tank is acting like a vacuum....

How Does a Carbon Canister Work? | eHow.com

From a layman's point of view,- If the fuel that we use, is not easily turned into vapor, with the lower pressure inside the tank (as the fuel is siphoned out),- then we may have a problem, as the tank now has a lower pressure than the atmosphere, causing it to warp in....

Is ethanol easily vaporized compared to pure gasoline??? I don't think so(???)... And, it is 10% of our fuel (E10)....

So, where do you gas up?.... Mine is Shell Unleaded....

16.4K:bond:
    Petron Extra unleaded since ni release ung sasakyan Bro.

Remember nyo pa ba yung news dati na may sumabog na innova along C5? kasama ata sa convoy or security detail ni dudut jaworski? parang may ganoong balita dati. is it also related to this problem?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Do not be alarmed bro,- our Honda car also has that. I also experience that with our 08 Innova. The gasoline tank is pressurized (higher pressure than the atmosphere) and so air coming out of the tank should be normal.

From what I've read, and I need to do some research,- the culprit is the charcoal canister... And based on the separate experiences of Sis Kristine and bro.cast_no_shadow,- if it is ticking, then it is defective and could cause the tank to warp and eventually leak....

Bro, In my case Air is comming IN the tank that is why I am alarmed. I think Only Petron Blaze is the only pure gasoline (not blended with ethanol) being sold here. Pero hindi ko pa siya nasubukan. since ni release ung innova namin petron extra unleaded lang pinapa karga ko. I try ko i check ung filler cap mamaya pag uwe ko. baka marumi din. so aling part ang culprit?

Filler cap?
    Charcoal canister?
    Fuel tank assembly?

As experienced lahat ng sasakyan sa family(both efi and caburated) lahat sila puro POSITIVE pressure or when you open the filler cap...air is comming out of the tank.

1992 Toyota Corolla 1.3(carb) - Mine
    2001 Toyota Revo 2.0(efi) - My Uncle's
    2003 Toyota Revo 1.8(efi) - My Father's
    2010 Honda Civic 2.0(efi) - My Uncle's

Lahat sila POSITIVE pressure ang meron...bukod tangi ung innova namin ang pahigop pag binuksan filler cap.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Madali mo namang malaman kung air/(actually vapor) is coming out of the tank...

Amoy gasolina from a distance when you remove the fuel cap...

Ang sabi sa article,- the canister works when you turn off the engine...

The canister goes unused until the car is turned off again.
    Further,- walang breather ang tank filler cap,- dahil nga dapat trapped ang fuel vapor at ia-absorb ito ng canister when you turn off the engine, and then ipu-purge out when you start the engine... (Please refer to the previous article I posted)

An evaporative control system was developed to eliminate this source of pollution. The function of the fuel evaporative control system is to trap and store evaporative emissions from the gas tank and carburetor. A charcoal canister is used to trap the fuel vapors. The fuel vapors adhere to the charcoal, until the engine is started, and engine vacuum can be used to draw the vapors into the engine, so that they can be burned along with the fuel/air mixture. This system requires the use of a sealed gas tank filler cap.
    So, the system requires a sealed gas tank filler cap....

Last edited by CVT; July 30th, 2012 at 03:11 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Thats a relief, thanks CVT. Saken papalabas yung hangin, parang nag exhale normal lang pala yun?
    Even my gas tank warped last time i haven't experienced na papaloob yun pasok ng hangin.
    Ako most of the time shell super unleaded pinapagas ko, next option is petron extra unleaded.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by markduguran View Post
    I've been experincing higher NEGATIVE pressure lately. Even my brother who was closing the gate 5 meters away heard the "wooooooooooooooeeessss" sound. though hindi ko muna tinignan ung tank kung may warping. the "wooooooooooooooeeessss" sound is alarming.

2012 model Vvti ung ride ko.
    2months since na release and 2,000Km pa lang milage.
    No tiktik sound on the canister
    Have white handwritten markings on the visible side of the tank "0144XX"
    Bro sure ka papasok sa loob yung hangin? hindi papalabas?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Bro sure ka papasok sa loob yung hangin? hindi papalabas?
    Yes Bro 100% sure. at hindi lang basta simpleng higop. nitong dalawang huling bukas ko (just after parking the car in the garage) sobrang lakas. sabi nga ng utol ko nung sinasarado nya ung gate "kuya ano un?"
    Ma ramdaman mo sa kamay mo ung higop ng hangin nya.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Even my gas tank warped last time i haven't experienced na papaloob yun pasok ng hangin.
    How come nag warp ang Gas tank mo kung papalabas ang hangin? dapat lumobo ang gas tank mo.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by markduguran View Post
    Yes Bro 100% sure. at hindi lang basta simpleng higop. nitong dalawang huling bukas ko (just after parking the car in the garage) sobrang lakas. sabi nga ng utol ko nung sinasarado nya ung gate "kuya ano un?"
    Ma ramdaman mo sa kamay mo ung higop ng hangin nya.
    bagong linis ang Fuel Cap ko... gamit ko ang Innova kanina, long run... NAG WARP NA NAMAN...pag open ko ng CAP papasok na naman ang hangin. NO LUCK!!!!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Sir mile, pwede po pa explain paano ang DIY ng charcoal canister. Di po ba delikado gawin to? baka magkalat tayo fuel?
    pansin ko sa isang hose ng charcoal parang papunta man yun sa baba left wheel parte yung hose na walang clip. di kaya barado yun? breather ba yun ng charcoal canister?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kristine123 View Post
    bagong linis ang Fuel Cap ko... gamit ko ang Innova kanina, long run... NAG WARP NA NAMAN...pag open ko ng CAP papasok na naman ang hangin. NO LUCK!!!!
    Wah..may issue na rin po kyo sa canister..ngayun lng po ako naka pag online..the new fuel filler cap is the same as the old..no changes as per your pictures posted even the part number is the same..ma'am wag mu na po kyo mag full tank as a precaution para d mabutas ang tanke..

Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes