New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    Filler Cap is cleanable and can be restored, you'll just need to use 2 small screwdrivers to skewed the snap in top and bottom caps and inside is the breather hole mesh filter. I can't remember if the filter mesh was Plastic or Stainless Steel but it should be around #100-200 filtration holes. If the filter mesh is filled with soot like dirt then it is one of the cause of negative vacuum on the gas tank.
    nalinisan ko na filler cap ko Sir Mile.... di ko na binalik ang filtration Hole parang madali syang magbara pag madumihan.

thanks very much...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^^ Marumi ba naman ang iyong filter mesh, Sis?

I would imagine that even if it is dirty, it will not cause the tank to have that "vacuum"....

16.4K:bond:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kristine123 View Post
    yes papasok ang hangin, since the gas tank is warping syempre kelangan nya ng hangin.

Pag lumobo ang gas tank mo may lalabas na hangin (PRESSURE).
    I've been experincing higher NEGATIVE pressure lately. Even my brother who was closing the gate 5 meters away heard the "wooooooooooooooeeessss" sound. though hindi ko muna tinignan ung tank kung may warping. the "wooooooooooooooeeessss" sound is alarming.

2012 model Vvti ung ride ko.
    2months since na release and 2,000Km pa lang milage.
    No tiktik sound on the canister
    Have white handwritten markings on the visible side of the tank "0144XX"

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

^^^^ Marumi ba naman ang iyong filter mesh, Sis?

I would imagine that even if it is dirty, it will not cause the tank to have that "vacuum"....

yun na nga.... parang di ko ma imagine a small filter may kakayahan sirain ang gas tank....

ito po image nong tinanggal ko...

medyo natanggal ko po ang dumi sa filter kaya medyo maputi na yan.

Ayan malinis na sya , pero di ko na sya binalik...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    yun na nga.... parang di ko ma imagine a small filter may kakayahan sirain ang gas tank....

ito po image nong tinanggal ko...

Ayan malinis na sya , pero di ko na sya binalik...
    Actually TMBC remove this filter mesh as workaround while I was waiting for my warranty claim with Toyota Phils. Same scenario the filter mesh was covered with hardened black soot.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by markduguran View Post
    I've been experincing higher NEGATIVE pressure lately. Even my brother who was closing the gate 5 meters away heard the "wooooooooooooooeeessss" sound. though hindi ko muna tinignan ung tank kung may warping. the "wooooooooooooooeeessss" sound is alarming.

Mapapansin mo yan sir ang gas tank kung galing sa warping. Near the belt below driver side may deformation konti. (di masyado pansin.)

Sounds alarming kahit 2012 Innova may ganitong problema.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by markduguran View Post

Do not be alarmed bro,- our Honda car also has that. I also experience that with our 08 Innova. The gasoline tank is pressurized (higher pressure than the atmosphere) and so air coming out of the tank should be normal.

From what I've read, and I need to do some research,- the culprit is the charcoal canister... And based on the separate experiences of Sis Kristine and bro.cast_no_shadow,- if it is ticking, then it is defective and could cause the tank to warp and eventually leak....

Last edited by CVT; July 30th, 2012 at 12:34 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Do not be alarmed bro,- our Honda car also has that. I also experience that with our 08 Innova. The gasoline tank is pressurized (higher pressure than the atmosphere) and so air coming out of the tank should be normal.

it's not the air coming out of the tank... it's the air going in the tank ...negative pressure.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    it's not the air coming out of the tank... it's the air going in the tank ...negative pressure.
    Sis,- that is correct and that is what I wrote. Air coming out of the tank should be normal.... These are the fuel vapors...

Air going into the tank (tank pressure being lower than the atmospheric pressure) is the problem.... This is causing the tank to warp in (not out)... Tank is acting like a vacuum....

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5047404...ster-work.html
    How does a Carbon Canister Work?

When the vehicle is shut off, there is a pressure imbalance within the fuel tank caused by fuel being siphoned out, but no air being let back in to take up the empty space. The lower pressure in the gas tank promotes a greater rate of evaporation, letting some of the fuel become a gas. Eventually the tank's internal pressure equalizes, at which point the gas leaves the tank through the vent port and goes into the carbon canister. It's trapped there by the properties of the carbon within the canister, keeping it from escaping into the air. When the vehicle's engine starts, the sudden suction created along the intake manifold opens up the purge valve and pulls all the gaseous fuel out of the canister and burns it in the engine. The canister goes unused until the car is turned off again.
    From a layman's point of view,- If the fuel that we use, is not easily turned into vapor, with the lower pressure inside the tank (as the fuel is siphoned out),- then we may have a problem, as the tank now has a lower pressure than the atmosphere, causing it to warp in....

Is ethanol easily vaporized compared to pure gasoline??? I don't think so(???)... And, it is 10% of our fuel (E10)....

So, where do you gas up?.... Mine is Shell Unleaded....

Last edited by CVT; July 30th, 2012 at 01:06 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Yes, that is correct.

Imagine a tetra-pack juice that you sip, the packaging shrink and deformed as the more liquid you sipped.

The filler cap breather holes should be the one doing the job to neutralized the pressure in the tank.

Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes