New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    ako weekly ko lang naman sinisilip yung gas tank kung may sign na ng dent.

normal lang yung fast titik sound sa vicinity ng charcoal canister, ibig lang sabihin nyan ay gumagana yung relief valve, releasing the pressure sa fuel injection system.
    Quote Originally Posted by kristine123 View Post
    meaning sir after long driving pwede silipin sa baba kung nag dedent? or i open fuel cap kung may air papasok?

Sir mile is it normal may fast tiktik sound sa charcoal canister after long drive?
    I normally drive some 20Km from office to our place.

Checked the charcoal canister,- did not hear it clicking.... Hhhmmm....

16.4K:bond:

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

I normally drive some 20Km from office to our place.

Checked the charcoal canister,- did not hear it clicking.... Hhhmmm....

Sa akin sir 15 mins of driving or 10 km may clicking sound na ang charcoal canister.
    You can actually hear it if you turn off the engine.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    TOYORAMA P7,700 CHARCOAL CANISTER : (77704 -0K010)
    TOYORAMA P1,380.00 FUEL CAP : (77300 - 28010)

ito po ba binili mo sir nic?
    di po ba pwede fuel caps lang ang papalitan or charcoal canister lang? dabat both?
    kano po gastos mo repair sa gastank sir?
    Yes Ma'am Kristine, yan po yung nabili ko sa toyorama.

What I did was follow the job order from the CASA para wala na silang lusot if ever magkaroon ng issue ulit. They knew there was a problem when they saw my gas tank. They did not ask me why it was dented or why the tank was leaking..they just gave me the job order and what needs to be replaced (cap/canister/tank). It is a known issue but the cause is due to wear and tear as advised by the SA. My Car was 7 years old so I was on the downside.

Carzone gave me a good price. P800 for the labor and P1700 for the weld. Discounted of course and with warranty.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Sa akin sir 15 mins of driving or 10 km may clicking sound na ang charcoal canister.
    You can actually hear it if you turn off the engine.
    Yup Sis, upon arriving home, I turn off the engine and I usually open the hood up to let the engine cool down faster.

Travel time for that 20Km distance is about 45minutes...

Will observe/listen again this afternoon/tonight...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Yup Sis, upon arriving home, I turn off the engine and I usually open the hood up to let the engine cool down faster.

Travel time for that 20Km distance is about 45minutes...

Will observe/listen again this afternoon/tonight...

Same here...usually a 50Km drive 2.5hours...wala ako naririnig na tiktik sound. I usually open the hood(pag nasa bahay) para mapalamig yung engine at ma avoid ung pusa umakyat.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Not sure if this holds water, but when I became aware of this problem with our rides, whenever I close the fuel lid cap,- it's just ONE click, as recommended in the Innova manual... (I am 'freewheeling' with our other rides, though).....

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    nakapagtataka why other Innova walang clicking sound sa canister.

Anyway my ride is Innova VVTI 2005 AT. ( with clicking sound sa canister after driving or during driving.)

how about sa inyo mga sir/ma'am?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    yung tiktik sound na nadidinig nyo sa exhaust manifold yun... gawa ng sobrang init...

kung kaya nyo baklasin yung canister nyo.. pwede nyo tanggalin yung bolitas na valve nyan..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    yung tiktik sound na nadidinig nyo sa exhaust manifold yun... gawa ng sobrang init...

kung kaya nyo baklasin yung canister nyo.. pwede nyo tanggalin yung bolitas na valve nyan..
    Ang alam ko nga dahil un sa init and sa exhaust manifold nga. ung motor ko ganun din may tiktik sound somewhere betweek the engine and the exhaust. sa innova itry ko pakinggan maigi pero sa pagkaka tanda ko..parang wala

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I checked mine, since i insalled a new one wala din tiktik sound yun charcoal canister ko after driving.
    Compared before rinig mo talaga pag binuksan mo yung hood. hmmm im puzzled.

How about sayo mile2? may tiktik sound ba?

Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes