New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    repair ng alternator? our innova e kasi was replaced( whole assembly)there was knocking sound ( really loud) sa engine. and the battery indicator nag iilaw lagi sa dashboard. sabi pulley daw ng alternator pwede palitan pero around 4k rin while the whole assembly costs us 16k including labor. casa po ito.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

I replaced my alternator pulley 2 months ago. Nag slip ung pulley, battery indicator stays on. The cost of the pulley is Php2,300.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    opo almost same rin including labor po kasi. advise kasi nla palitan n whole assembly bka daw mag doble pa lalo gastos kya ayun pumayag n kami

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

ilang years and odo ng innova mo sir tska bumigay ang pulley? same tayo sir..... but i didn't chnage my alternator, okay pa un sabi ng electrician ko. hindi naman basta2x nasisisra alternator. akala nga nung electrician na stuck-up lang pulley nung una, hindi pala stuck-up nag slip kaya umiingay.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    innova e 2006 po ung unit. with 80k mileage odo. sobrang ingay kasi kaya nung cnabi ng casa n bka one day buong alternator n bumigay since may edad n daw unit pumayag n kami. since we plan to keep the unit for sometime pa.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Just to update everybody, cleaning the fuel TANK basically fixed the problem. After more than 100,000km the filter inside the fuel tank gets clogged. The tank needs to be pulled down and the FILTER INSIDE it needs to be cleaned. This job just cost me PhP750 at a local gas station. This may be the first fix worth trying if your car has many kilometers in it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikroTechie View Post
    Hi. can anybody help me regarding Toyota Innova D4D power loss. Mine is Innova E manual 2006 model and has done 150,000km. Have replaced timing belt and reset warning light. I have new air cleaner and fuel filter. Scanner does not detect any fault. It starts easily and does not stall at all. I experience speed loss when going up an incline (C5 Ortigas flyover) where I have to shift to low gear to try to maintain speed. Have difficulty going up basement parking ramps and need some bwelo to manage to get up. Definitely not clutch problem since engine RPM goes down together with speed and may stall. It has very poor acceleration but seems to be fine at low driving speeds, say up to 40kph. But acceleration is very poor when I enter SLEX or NLEX. I will appreciate any help. God bless.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    For injector cleaning, try Motor Doctor sa Marcos Highway, Antipolo just after the boundary with Marikina. They are within the Phoenix gas station compound opposite Jollibee and beside PLDT.
    You may also try getting your fuel TANK cleaned at some gas station. There is a filter INSIDE the tank that can clog fuel flow. The TANK cleaning will make the big difference esp. if your car has many kilometers into it.
    Please see Facebook page "Toyota Innova Owners Phils" for pictures of the cleaning operation.

Quote Originally Posted by ab3t View Post
    mikrotechie what is the exact address of Motor Doctor in Antipolo? they do EGR cleaning also?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    For injector cleaning, try Motor Doctor sa Marcos Highway, Antipolo just after the boundary with Marikina. They are within the Phoenix gas station compound opposite Jollibee and beside PLDT.
    You may also try getting your fuel TANK cleaned at some gas station. There is a filter INSIDE the tank that can clog fuel flow. The TANK cleaning will make the big difference esp. if your car has many kilometers into it.
    Please see Facebook page "Toyota Innova Owners Phils" for pictures of the cleaning operation.
    I hope this helps. God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by ab3t View Post
    mikrotechie what is the exact address of Motor Doctor in Antipolo? they do EGR cleaning also?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tsika_babe View Post
    repair ng alternator? our innova e kasi was replaced( whole assembly)there was knocking sound ( really loud) sa engine. and the battery indicator nag iilaw lagi sa dashboard. sabi pulley daw ng alternator pwede palitan pero around 4k rin while the whole assembly costs us 16k including labor. casa po ito.
    Please see my notes in a new thread in this forum "Innova Alternator Repair pictures". My Innova alternator had bearings replaced 2-1/2 years ago after it developed strange noises and has no problems so far. Had the job done at an outside auto electrical shop for P500 labor plus about P200 for the bearings. I think I had the carbon brushes replaced as well but they are very cheap. You may also see the repair pictures at Facebook "Toyota Innova Owners Phils".

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MikroTechie View Post
    Just to update everybody, cleaning the fuel TANK basically fixed the problem. After more than 100,000km the filter inside the fuel tank gets clogged. The tank needs to be pulled down and the FILTER INSIDE it needs to be cleaned. This job just cost me PhP750 at a local gas station. This may be the first fix worth trying if your car has many kilometers in it.

Is it the gas filter sir?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Toyota Innova D4D diesel power loss (corrected)