New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    I have a Toyota Innova 2003 model J variant (Diesel). May nakainstall na auto lock mechanism yun sasakyan. Just yesterday, gumagana pa yun likod na pinto, nabubuksan ko pa, but today, it won't open anymore, don't know why. If I open from outside if it is unlock, it cannot be open. When I use the key directly at the back, it won't open either, parang ang tigas ipihit kapag ioopen. So I try to open the door from the inside, it seems for this model, parang walang way para buksan from inside yun back door.

Saan ko kaya pwede ipaayos ito? I am in manila area, hopefully malapit sa lugar ko. Or any suggestions what I can try doing myself. Thank you.

2. Join Date
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by konichiwa888 View Post
    I have a Toyota Innova 2003 model J variant (Diesel). May nakainstall na auto lock mechanism yun sasakyan. Just yesterday, gumagana pa yun likod na pinto, nabubuksan ko pa, but today, it won't open anymore, don't know why. If I open from outside if it is unlock, it cannot be open. When I use the key directly at the back, it won't open either, parang ang tigas ipihit kapag ioopen. So I try to open the door from the inside, it seems for this model, parang walang way para buksan from inside yun back door.

Saan ko kaya pwede ipaayos ito? I am in manila area, hopefully malapit sa lugar ko. Or any suggestions what I can try doing myself. Thank you.
    Maybe may namuong rust sa key assembly ng pintuan mo. Meron naman sa yt how to disassemble read inner door panel. I think our friend wd-40 can fix that. Hehehe

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008

probably a stuck up mechanism.
    try squirting WD 40 into the keyhole. baka makuha sa ganon (which i doubt).

the rear hatch siding can be removed from the inside. it's not difficult. hassle lang. you need a very flexible body.
    once removed, you should be able to manually reach into the mechanism.
    hopefully, you can open it manually, then.
    good luck.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 5th, 2020 at 12:10 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just saw it now while watching news. Si aga Muhlach and family endorser ng Innova pala. Bagong commercial lang ba ito or matagal na?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Just saw it now while watching news. Si aga Muhlach and family endorser ng Innova pala. Bagong commercial lang ba ito or matagal na?

Tagal na. Last year pa yata

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post

Kaya nga kami napabili ni Sirkosero mg Innova dahil kay Aga M. Toyota Innova: Back Door suddenly won't open

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I think that the aftermarket lock actuator is stuck. It can be stuck two ways... there's a problem with the lock electronics or it's purely mechanical.

Try this... Disconnect the battery, wait a few seconds then try to manually unlock it again using the key (battery still disconnected). This is for the off-chance that the lock controller and actuator are trying to 'fight' you. If it still will not budge, then it's definitely a mechanical issue. Try rocking and turning the key in both directions and see if you can free it up.

Worst case, you will need to enter from the front and pry open the tailgate plastic cover from the inside.

Buti nga sayo, may key pa. Yung Innova G ko, walang susian sa labas. You're totally dependent on the lock actuator to do its job.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I think that the aftermarket lock actuator is stuck. It can be stuck two ways... there's a problem with the lock electronics or it's purely mechanical.

Try this... Disconnect the battery, wait a few seconds then try to manually unlock it again using the key (battery still disconnected). This is for the off-chance that the lock controller and actuator are trying to 'fight' you. If it still will not budge, then it's definitely a mechanical issue. Try rocking and turning the key in both directions and see if you can free it up.

Worst case, you will need to enter from the front and pry open the tailgate plastic cover from the inside.

Buti nga sayo, may key pa. Yung Innova G ko, walang susian sa labas. You're totally dependent on the lock actuator to do its job.

Just to give an update. Naayos na yun back door ng innova ko. Dinala ko sya sa banawe, inayos lng mga 10-15 minutes lng, binuksan nila from inside, and then sabi nila may naloose lng na mechanism, fix lng, kaya labor lng binayaran ko. Thank you.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Just to give an update. Naayos na yun back door ng innova ko. Dinala ko sya sa banawe, inayos lng mga 10-15 minutes lng, binuksan nila from inside, and then sabi nila may naloose lng na mechanism, fix lng, kaya labor lng binayaran ko. Thank you.
    that's great!
    fixed na yung lockdown moh!
    yung amin, nag-u-umpisa pa lang.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 15th, 2020 at 08:50 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Not an Innova, but on the old reliable...the plastic link of the butt barn door handle broke. Nothing some good ol' stitching & resin couldn't fix.Toyota Innova: Back Door suddenly won't open

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk