New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I'm planning to get a Toyota Hilux 4x4 this January. However, I've been hearing comments re the weak suspension of the Hilux, both 4x2 and 4x4. It seems that the old suspension was retained even if the body weight increased, leading to observations like "nakadapa ang nguso" after a few months of use.

Comments please.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Yep, this was also reported by 4x4 Australia Magazine that the Hi-lux new front coil spring suspension is too soft - when they took the rig to the outback - the front suspension always bottomed out.

I think ARB already has replacement springs if you want a stiffer front that's not going to sag (specially if you plan to attach a heavy winch).

BTW, the old hi-lux used torsion bars right? the new hi-lux uses coils.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Replacing the springs would certainly void the warranty, not to mention the additional cost involved in replacing them. Hope Toyota will do something about this kaso their sales department won't admit the problem. Wala daw silang feedback up to now.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    new hi lux with OME suspension upgrade.

before/stock

after, OME front shocks and springs, OME rear shocks and leaf springs

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    this is just with Front OME coils and shocks and stock rear springs and OME shocks

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Ganda yun black hilux sa pic mo ARB!!! I love the bling and tire combo!!! of course not to mention the suspension upgrade nice work

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    arb, pinalitan b yung gulong ng gold na hilux? yung black naman, what size yun pinalit na mags and tires? thanks.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    the gold stock tires. the black I forgot what it is. may isa pang kami kinabitan ng Old Man Emu suspension naka 32x12.5R15 tires, but I have no pics.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    nice po

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hi arb, how much would i spend for the suspension upgrade for front and rear? where r u located? here's my hilux pix with the rims.

Toyota Hilux suspension problems