New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 60 of 103 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hilux gurus, I have a concern regarding my ride, may mga times kase na when I release the clutch, I can feel some kind of subtle grinding or scratching sa accelerator pedal. Is it normal o may problema? Sorry medyo napapraning lang ako, first car kase so medyo noob pa. I appreciate any replies, papa 1k PMS na rin ako on my next vacation, papatingin ko rin yung issue na yun sa casa. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by beetlebmble View Post
    *paul4u2c

what mineral oils have you used in your rig, do you prefer the ACEA rated oils..
    one time pa lang ako gumamit ng toyota motor oil - nung 1000kms change oil niya. eversince petron na ako. mineral oil lang sir every 4000kms. sorry di ako familiar sa acea related oils
    Quote Originally Posted by agentrambo007 View Post
    Hilux gurus, I have a concern regarding my ride, may mga times kase na when I release the clutch, I can feel some kind of subtle grinding or scratching sa accelerator pedal. Is it normal o may problema? Sorry medyo napapraning lang ako, first car kase so medyo noob pa. I appreciate any replies, papa 1k PMS na rin ako on my next vacation, papatingin ko rin yung issue na yun sa casa. Thanks!
    medyo vague yung description sir, garalgal po ba yung tinutukoy nyo?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    copy on that sir.. excerpt from ACEA publication/guide of lubricants for automobiles the E rating would be a applicable to our diesels .. good reference but iba pa rin yung first hand experience. Naghahanap ng ELF mineral oil.. medyo hirap dito hanapin.

the link http://www.acea.be/images/uploads/pu...ev%20Sep05.pdf

Where claims are made that Oil performance meets the requirements of the ACEA sequences (e.g. product literature,
    packaging, labels) they must specify the ACEA Class and Category (see Nomenclature & ACEA Process for definitions).
    «Consumer Language»:
    A/B : gasoline and diesel engine oils
    A1/B1 Oil intended for use in gasoline and car + light van diesel engines specifically designed to be capable of using
    low friction low viscosity oils with a High temperature / High shear rate viscosity of 2.6 to 3.5 mPas.s. These oils may be
    unsuitable for use in some engines. Consult owner manual or handbook if in doubt.
    A3/B3 Stable, stay-in-grade oil intended for use in high performance gasoline and car + light van diesel engines and/or
    for extended drain intervals where specified by the engine manufacturer, and/or for year-round use of low viscosity oils ,
    and/or for sever operating conditions as defined by the engine manufacturer.
    A3/B4 Stable, stay-in-grade oil intended for use in high performance gasoline and direct injection diesel engines, but
    also suitable for applications described under B3.
    A5/B5 Stable, stay-in-grade oil intended for use at extended drain intervals in high performance gasoline and car + light
    van diesel engines designed to be capable of using low friction low viscosity oils with a High temperature / High shear
    rate viscosity of 2.9 to 3.5 mPa.s. These oils may be unsuitable for use in some engines. Consult owner manual or
    handbook if in doubt.
    C : Catalyst compatibility oils
    C1 Stable, stay-in-grade oil intended for use as catalyst compatible oil in vehicles with DPF and TWC in high
    performance car and light van diesel and gasoline engines requiring low friction, low viscosity, low SAPS oils with a
    HTHS higher than 2.9 mPa.s. These oils will increase the DPF and TWC life and maintain the vehicles fuel economy.
    Warning : these oils have the lowest SAPS limits and may be unsuitable for use in some engines. Consult owner manual
    or handbook if in doubt.
    C2 Stable, stay-in-grade oil intended for use as catalyst compatible oil in vehicles with DPF and TWC in high
    performance car and light van diesel and gasoline engines designed to be capable of using low friction, low viscosity oils
    with a HTHS higher than 2.9 mPa.s. These oils will increase the DPF and TWC life and maintain the vehicles fuel
    economy.
    Warning : these oils may be unsuitable for use in some engines. Consult owner manual or handbook if in doubt.
    C3 Stable, stay-in-grade oil intended for use as catalyst compatible oil in vehicles with DPF and TWC in high
    performance car and light van diesel and gasoline engines. These oils will increase the DPF and TWC duration.
    Warning : these oils may be unsuitable for use in some engines. Consult owner manual or handbook if in doubt.
    SAPS : Sulphated Ash, Phosphorus, Sulphur
    DPF : Diesel Particulate Filter
    TWC : Three way catalyst
    HTHS : High temperature / High shear rate viscosity
    Page 6 of 15 All Rights reserved. ACEA, Brussels. 2004 oil sequences Rev. 1.doc: 28/09/05
    ACEA ACEA 2004 EUROPEAN OIL SEQUENCES FOR SERVICE-FILL OILS Oct. 2004
    E : Heavy Duty Diesel engine oils
    E2 General purpose oil for naturally aspirated and turbocharged heavy duty diesel engines, medium to heavy duty
    cycles and mostly normal oil drain intervals.
    E4 Stable, stay-in-grade oil providing excellent control of piston cleanliness, wear, soot handling and lubricant
    stability. It is recommended for highly rated diesel engines meeting Euro 1, Euro 2, Euro 3 and Euro 4 emission
    requirements and running under very severe conditions, e.g. significantly extended oil drain intervals according to the
    manufacturer’s recommendations. It is suitable for engines without particulate filters, and for some EGR engines and
    some engines fitted with SCR NOx reduction systems. However, recommendations may differ between engine
    manufacturers so Driver Manuals and/or Dealers shall be consulted if in doubt.
    E6 Stable, stay-in-grade oil providing excellent control of piston cleanliness, wear, soot handling and lubricant
    stability. It is recommended for highly rated diesel engines meeting Euro 1, Euro 2, Euro 3 and Euro 4 emission
    requirements and running under very severe conditions, e.g. significantly extended oil drain intervals according to the
    manufacturer’s recommendations. It is suitable for EGR engines, with or without particulate filters, and for engines fitted
    with SCR NOx reduction systems. E6 quality is strongly recommended for engines fitted with particulate filters and is
    designed for use in combination with low sulphur diesel fuel (max 50 ppm). However, recommendations may differ
    between engine manufacturers so Driver Manuals and/or Dealers shall be consulted if in doubt.
    E7 Stable, stay-in-grade oil providing effective control with respect to piston cleanliness and bore polishing. It further
    provides excellent wear and turbocharger deposit control, soot handling and lubricant stability. It is recommended for
    highly rated diesel engines meeting Euro 1, Euro 2, Euro 3 and Euro 4 emission requirements and running under severe
    conditions, e.g. extended oil drain intervals according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. It is suitable for engines
    without particulate filters, and for most EGR engines and most engines fitted with SCR NOx reduction systems.
    However, recommendations may differ between engine manufacturers so Driver Manuals and/or Dealers shall be consulted if in doubt.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by paul4u2c View Post
    medyo vague yung description sir, garalgal po ba yung tinutukoy nyo?
    hindi naman garalgal.. though ang hirap din talaga i explain. anyway, pag napa check ko na, share ko na lang ulit. thanks!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by agentrambo007 View Post
    hindi naman garalgal.. though ang hirap din talaga i explain. anyway, pag napa check ko na, share ko na lang ulit. thanks!
    nice. baka lang naninibago lang kayo sir sa diesel see you sa next eb sir!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    yep sana swak talaga sa sched, im in mining kase, dami sumusulpot na deviations from planned sched.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hi Guys,

For all your TOYOTA requirements,Promo's,Easy Financing and Fast delivery.Please call me at
    0922-8332952 or 02-3480180 and look for Ces.

Congratulations and Thank you for using TOYOTA.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Hilux with ARB Sahara Bumper, ARB Under Vehicle Protection, Safari Snorkel

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ ganda naman niyan. Astig!

Nice tires too, Cooper.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    sir arb question, ayan yung hinahanap namin na style ng arb steel bumper, meron pa po ba ganyan ngayon sa mga dealers ng arb, and how much sir? pasama na rin ng lightforce kung how much. thanks.

Toyota Hilux Owners & Discussions [continued]