New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Guys i need you're help po i'm choosing which is the better of this 2 great vehicle... pang family and for bussiness use po...i really like the hilux fx because of it's macho looks but i'm having 2nd thoughts about it because of it's engine reliability, so my other alternative is the isuzu ipv... both is almost the same nagkatalo lang sa engine...1 thing that i don't like in isuzu is it's engine is noisy and rattles like a jeep and it spew black smoke... what would it be?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    mukhang napupusuan mo ang hilux ah, eh di mag hilux ka na lang talaga tutal medyo nag aalangan ka sa isuzu eh

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Ayaw mo lang naman sa isuzu yung maingay na engine eh, yung smokes nun preventive pag regular change oil, at hindi black smokes, mausok talaga siya pero white, at hindi masyado mausok, ang makina ng ipv 2.5TD (Yung D-max yung harap) yung 4ja1-L,

yung sa hi lux yung d4d, mas powerful yung d4d kasi crdi na yun eh, kaya lang nabasa mo na ba mga problems dun sa engine na yun? eh yung sa makina ng isuzu reliable talaga, hindi lang kasing lakas nung d4d, pero it can take you from point A to B.

meron kami ipv 300,000+ kms na natatakbo, 2001 model. hehe, super tipid pa din sa diesel. as in promise sir. Basta regular maintenance lang naman talaga.

Ang choice mo sir macho look pero nagdadalawang isip ka sa reliability, or

Hindi macho, maingay, pero reliable?

It's your choice HTH

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    d4d issues have been already solved especially in new models kaya go for hilux na its under IMV platform e.g Innova, Fortuner, Hilux and it has new looks too. though isuzu ipv now has the alterra looks it has more black panels and mated to an old noisy engine vs hilux fx body colored bumper and chrome side mirrors

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Get the Hilux.

Don't worry, the Hilux' D4D engine isn't affected by the current woes that the Fortuner & Innovas are experiencing.

The FX is more stylish, yes. And I guess it's not only perfect for business use but it's also perfect for family use too. It has this somewhat " classy " styling that the Isuzu hasn't or never will have.

It's funny actually that Toyota haven't stripped the features down on the FX. Chrome stuffs etc. etc. :hysterical:

The FX is worth the grab IMO. So until you've got the money and Toyota haven't stripped down the features yet ... get the FX.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    :sigh: Double post ulit.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; May 5th, 2010 at 01:42 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    You might like KIA K2700. At least, they use Bosch Injectors.

Meron din 4x4 version for about 900K

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    sir renzo power windows na ba yang hiluxFX? and may driverside airbag ba?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    siguro may airbag na yung hilux FX, kasi most of toyotas sold here are already equipped with an airbag. Power windows, hindi.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    ask ka na lang sa Hi-Lux thread for more details regarding sa Hi-Lux FX.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Toyota hilux fx or isuzu IPV?