New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 139 of 200 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2000
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    sir try to return the tires to the shop. kay warranty din ang tires.

if wala na talaga, you can check Toyo tires. Federal ok din. they have a running promo now, 3+1.
    Possible though that the manufacturer will "investigate" and chances are they may find that the tyres were misused since it was mounted on a van.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    That load rating is way too low for the SG. The lowest LR I would fit would be at least 100. You have to consider the extra weight on the tires When going up/downhill or turning. We have 215/65r17's on our GS but the LR is 104 I think.
    So far only Nexen & Hankook (maybe Kumho?) carry that size.

Clearly the shop's fault. What irresponsible b*sterds. You're lucky you didn't figure in an accident.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    That load rating is way too low for the SG. The lowest LR I would fit would be at least 100. You have to consider the extra weight on the tires When going up/downhill or turning. We have 215/65r17's on our GS but the LR is 104 I think.
    So far only Nexen & Hankook (maybe Kumho?) carry that size.

Clearly the shop's fault. What irresponsible b*sterds. You're lucky you didn't figure in an accident.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Good day po mga sir,

I am not sure if this would be the right thread for my querry. Please advice if I am in the wrong thread. I only want to seek advice or suggestion for my situation.

Our GL Grandia is 2 months old. During our travel, the airbag sign lit up and the horn was gone. we then brought the van to the CASA. They discovered that the spiral cable was entangled causing the "airbag fault". They said this could happen if the steering wheel was pulled out and open.

We installed a car alarm not from the CASA after we get the unit. One ground wire was connected near the ignition key. A LEAD technician of TOYOTA said that in order to tap that wire, the steering wheel must taken out first.

I know that many of us here would agree that it is not necessary to take the steering wheel when you install a car alarm. But the the CASA insist that we did took the steering wheel and hence, the warranty is void already.

I told them that i Can prove them that i can tap that wire without removing the steering wheel.

My question is, If they insist that the warranty is void already because i "took out the steering wheel " when installing the alarm, where can I raise a complain? any comment and suggestion would be deeply appreciated. It is already 5 days we are still going back and forth with the situation.

Thanks

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    well, the vehicle did undergo an un-authorized electrical installation. and you knew what that meant to the warranty.
    whether you can prove what you allege or not, is beside the point.
    none of the casa representatives were present when that operation was performed.
    but if you can prove that there is something in the toyota manufacture that allude to faulty spiral cable positioning, etc etc...

i believe the complaint may be addressed to the DTI (dept of trade and industry).

my 95 centavos' worth.

heyyy...
    was it not just recently, that honda recalled some models because of spiral cable issues?
    Last edited by dr. d; October 10th, 2015 at 01:05 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    doubledouble.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    You installed alarm? Wala oa ba keyless entry yang GL Grandia?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    well, the vehicle did undergo an un-authorized electrical installation. and you knew what that meant to the warranty.
    whether you can prove what you allege or not, is beside the point.
    none of the casa representatives were present when that operation was performed.
    but if you can prove that there is something in the toyota manufacture that allude to faulty spiral cable positioning, etc etc...

i believe the complaint may be addressed to the DTI (dept of trade and industry).

my 95 centavos' worth.
    Thanks sir for the comment..

in response, I am aware of the consequence of the unauthorized wiring and it should only concern with the electrical system as far as warranty is concern. The spiral cable was tangled hence it should be regarded as mechanical and not electrical. The issue was only if I took out the steering wheel upon installation of the car alarm.

I think it would not be fair on my part if they conclude right away that i opened the steering even without a proof. I was hoping we could meet where are sides would be evaluated aside form DTI.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    wala po sir eh, kaya po nag install po ako

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    wala po sir eh, kaya po nag install po ako

Toyota Hiace Commuter/GL Grandia/Super Grandia Owners & Discussions Thread [Merged]