New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 196 of 200 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2000
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Paalis na sana ako buti di pa ako nakakalayo namatay bigla Hiace ko. Then nag on yung battery light sa dashboard. I tried i series sa vios ko nag start naman pero naka ilaw oa yung battery light. Then maya maya namatay na lahat ng ilaw sa dashboard at wala ng busina. Ano kaya possible problem? Carbon brush ng alternator o battery?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Paalis na sana ako buti di pa ako nakakalayo namatay bigla Hiace ko. Then nag on yung battery light sa dashboard. I tried i series sa vios ko nag start naman pero naka ilaw oa yung battery light. Then maya maya namatay na lahat ng ilaw sa dashboard at wala ng busina. Ano kaya possible problem? Carbon brush ng alternator o battery?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
    the engine still ran, even after it seemed like someone stole your battery?
    it sounds like charging (alternator) system.
    your battery probably got fully discharged, as the alternator had not been providing it with charging current for some time.

half-hearted explanation, but that is all i can offer, as all i have is a description.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    the two captain seats in super grandia are ideal for seniors. without power doors in my opinion are not a big deal as very minimal effort are needed to close them. my 78 yr old mom can effortlessly close the door.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    not all 78 year olds, are the same. i have seen younger seniors, with more debilitations.
    sometimes, the problem with seniors is not so much the muscle power, as it is the range of motion available.
    the muscle power is there, but the arm simply can not attain the required position, to reach the door to pull it...

my recommendation with seniors, is to get as much power-assist as you can.
    their abilities can deteriorate faster than you can get your car's ORCR.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 30th, 2018 at 02:08 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my recommendation with seniors, is to get as much power-assist as you can.
    their abilities can deteriorate faster than you can get your car's ORCR.
    learned a lot from this thread

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Drove a Super Grandia over the weekend. It's a very spacious van with adequate torque to haul around a full load of people. But it's not car-like to drive in any way, and ride is quite harsh.

I liked how the engine never felt underpowered despite having 6 on board. The old Fortuner engine works well with this big van. 4AT is fine since torque is abundant anyway.

As expected, driving position is awful. The Starex fares much better in this respect. The Starex is also far more comfortable especially when not fully laden. Blame the leaf springs - I felt the bounciness at the rear all the way from the driver's seat.

While the Starex is pretty liveable (enjoyable even, if you have the VGT) even if you have to drive it, the Hiace feels like a strictly chauffer-only affair. Can't imagine having any bit of fun driving this bulky van, even on open highways.

Then again, this van has its niche and it does the people-carrying bit very well.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2017
    Same sentiments bro... occasionally drive our family's Super Grandia for trips where I have to carry a lot of cargo plus my big family of 8 (including Yayas). And the bounciness is absurd... and as you described it... you can feel it all the way from the rear to the driver's seat.

Some negatives for me would be the rattle and noise of the plastic dashboard especially when going through those multiple small linear humps on the highway. And the bounciness of the leaf springs even if you try your best to drive gently. I feel tired after every drive like i drove a big truck. The NVH is also not that good and the sound system is crap.

On the positive side, The torque is really admireable even if it's fully loaded with people. There's tons of headroom and the loading height is low so you basically have closet-like space when throwing in unlimited cargo!

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Drove a Super Grandia over the weekend. It's a very spacious van with adequate torque to haul around a full load of people. But it's not car-like to drive in any way, and ride is quite harsh.

I liked how the engine never felt underpowered despite having 6 on board. The old Fortuner engine works well with this big van. 4AT is fine since torque is abundant anyway.

As expected, driving position is awful. The Starex fares much better in this respect. The Starex is also far more comfortable especially when not fully laden. Blame the leaf springs - I felt the bounciness at the rear all the way from the driver's seat.

While the Starex is pretty liveable (enjoyable even, if you have the VGT) even if you have to drive it, the Hiace feels like a strictly chauffer-only affair. Can't imagine having any bit of fun driving this bulky van, even on open highways.

Then again, this van has its niche and it does the people-carrying bit very well.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    hi, would like to ask,
    -Ilan po ang engine oil requirements/liters ng GL Grandia2016 natin
    Also what recommended oil for the engine (A/T)
    -does it also required engine threatment oil (1 liter)
    -need po ba ng STP ENGINE FLUSH Before change oil?
    -please suggest shops where to buy oils and filters. Thanks alot for the help.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ardumawal View Post
    hi, would like to ask,
    Flushing and oil treatment actually do more harm than good.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ardumawal View Post
    hi, would like to ask,
    for oil and filters, you might want to PM bro Crazy_Boy dito sa tsikot o kaya visit his fb page Andy's Parts Depot.

pwede rin sa Zix Performance shop. i bring my S. Grandia there for periodic maintenance.

no need for engine treatment or flushing

10. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    for oil and filters, you might want to PM bro Crazy_Boy dito sa tsikot o kaya visit his fb page Andy's Parts Depot.

pwede rin sa Zix Performance shop. i bring my S. Grandia there for periodic maintenance.

no need for engine treatment or flushing

okay po sir,
    pm ko nalang po sir crazy_boy
    siguro maandang dalin ko nalng sa kanya ang gl namin for
    kilometer check-up/maintenance.

thanks alot

Toyota Hiace Commuter/GL Grandia/Super Grandia Owners & Discussions Thread [Merged]