Jun 2017
    Vehicle: 2009 Altis 1.6 V
    Fuel: Shell FuelSave

Last Full Tank (first click): August 09
    Total Distance Traveled: 410.3 kilometers
    Total Liters Refueled (first click; August 27): 45.540 liters
    Average Speed (based on MID): 15 kph
    Routes:
    ~ Cainta - Quezon City - Cainta (9 weekdays/weeknights)
    ~ Residence - Sta. Lucia Grand Mall - Residence (1 afternoon)

Full Tank Method Result:
    ~ 9.01 km/l

MID Result:
    ~ 9.5 km/l

2. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Altuy View Post
    Vehicle: 2009 Altis 1.6 V
    Fuel: Shell FuelSave

Last Full Tank (first click): August 09
    Total Distance Traveled: 410.3 kilometers
    Total Liters Refueled (first click; August 27): 45.540 liters
    Average Speed (based on MID): 15 kph
    Routes:
    ~ Cainta - Quezon City - Cainta (9 weekdays/weeknights)
    ~ Residence - Sta. Lucia Grand Mall - Residence (1 afternoon)

Full Tank Method Result:
    ~ 9.01 km/l

MID Result:
    ~ 9.5 km/l
    Good day bro ano gamit mung langis.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by June R. View Post
    Good day bro ano gamit mung langis.
    Hi, June

Honestly, I'm not very particular with the oil that's being used for my cars; not my cup of tea As long as it's fully synthetic, and as long as I see the Toyota personnel using/pouring genuinely new oil on to my car's engine... okay na!

For the purpose of informing you, now I'm looking at my last service billing; and it reads SN/CF 5W-40

4. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Altuy View Post

Still not bad

I hope I didn't put pressure on you when I said that I thought you could still go farther with less fuel
    I agree its not bad because I used to get around 10km/L on my old 1.3 city. But I also feel that my vios could do better since other users could get 13-14km/L

This weeks numbers:

Vehicle: 2017 Vios 1.3 J
    Fuel: Caltex Platinum

Total Distance Traveled: 251 kilometers
    Total Liters Refueled: 18.842 liters
    Route: Alabang-Los Baños (via Slex) > Around UP Los Baños (Monday-Friday) > Los Baños-Alabang (via Slex) > Alabang-Nuvali-Alabang

Full Tank Method Result:
    13.32. km/L
    3.31 pesos/km

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jmat20 View Post
    I agree its not bad because I used to get around 10km/L on my old 1.3 city. But I also feel that my vios could do better since other users could get 13-14km/L

This weeks numbers:

Total Distance Traveled: 251 kilometers
    Total Liters Refueled: 18.842 liters
    Route: Alabang-Los Baños (via Slex) > Around UP Los Baños (Monday-Friday) > Los Baños-Alabang (via Slex) > Alabang-Nuvali-Alabang

Full Tank Method Result:
    13.32. km/L
    3.31 pesos/km
    Unless you have the details of the routes and measurement methodology of those claiming 13-14 km/L, take it with a grain of salt.

Majority of the measurements I read online are based on "tantsa" - most people don't even use the correct methodology of measuring in between full tanks.

Your routes might also be different. My car's overall average is 11.2 km/L but that doesn't mean that I get better mileage than other Civics - I just happen to drive more frequently on highways.

Best comparison is really vs your previous fillups in the same route. Easiest way to improve FC is to travel when there's no traffic. If waking up very very early is not an option, you can still improve FC by being mindful of your driving - avoid hard acceleration and braking, and coast as much as possible.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Unless you have the details of the routes and measurement methodology of those claiming 13-14 km/L, take it with a grain of salt.

Majority of the measurements I read online are based on "tantsa" - most people don't even use the correct methodology of measuring in between full tanks.

Your routes might also be different. My car's overall average is 11.2 km/L but that doesn't mean that I get better mileage than other Civics - I just happen to drive more frequently on highways.

Best comparison is really vs your previous fillups in the same route. Easiest way to improve FC is to travel when there's no traffic. If waking up very very early is not an option, you can still improve FC by being mindful of your driving - avoid hard acceleration and braking, and coast as much as possible.

I sort of see the 13-14km/L claims as a goal I got 13.3km/L this week maybe just a little lighter on the throttle and i could improve it some more hehe.

BTW I use an app called road trip to calculate my FC but its just the free edition. I would appreciate suggestions for apps to use and tips to make my measurements more accurate!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jmat20 View Post
    I sort of see the 13-14km/L claims as a goal I got 13.3km/L this week maybe just a little lighter on the throttle and i could improve it some more hehe.

BTW I use an app called road trip to calculate my FC but its just the free edition. I would appreciate suggestions for apps to use and tips to make my measurements more accurate!
    I also used Road Trip when I had an iPhone. Now that I'm on Android, I use aCar. The paid version of Road Trip is worth it IMO.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ ano difference nya sa fuelio pala?

when you look into the abyss, the abyss looks into you

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^ ano difference nya sa fuelio pala?

when you look into the abyss, the abyss looks into you
    What I like about aCar is that there's so much more filters. I can filter my fillups by driving condition (city/highway/mixed), by driving style (eco driving/hard driving), by brand (Petron/Shell/etc), by date, and many other options.

I've tried many others but none are as customizable as aCar.

10. Join Date
    May 2013
    Honestly, every time I say I will try to be lighter on the throttle and improve my numbers get worse

Total Distance Traveled: 151 kilometers
    Total Liters Refueled: 13.307 liters
    Route: Alabang-Los Baños (via Slex) > Around UP Los Baños (Monday-Friday) > Los Baños-Alabang (via Slex)

Full Tank Method Result:
    11.32 km/L
    3.9s pesos/km

*jut703 I got the paid version of roadtrip now. It really is better than the free one thanks!

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Toyota Fuel Consumption Database