New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by nsj86 View Post
    0-40 seems to slow, dahil sguro sa 1.3 ung engine?

> 9.59km/L
    I'm not an expert, but maybe it's because of the CVT?

That's what I feel with the Forester in heavy traffic. Feels like there's a delay, parang kulang sa torque.

Your 9.59 km/l isn't bad; but that's mixed city and highway, right?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jmat20 View Post
    Vehicle: 2017 Vios 1.3 J
    Fuel: Caltex Platinum

Total Distance Traveled: 187 kilometers
    Total Liters Refueled: 14.71 liters
    Weekly Route: Alabang-Los Baños (via Slex) > Around UP Los Baños (Monday-Friday) > Los Baños-Alabang (via Slex)

Full Tank Method Result:
    12.71 km/L
    3.42 pesos/km
    Hi, jmat

I've read somewhere here that it's better to refuel when you've used about half or more than half of your tank. It seems to me that your route could produce more km with 1 liter of fuel

Is that with heavy traffic, by the way?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Altuy View Post
    Hi, jmat

I've read somewhere here that it's better to refuel when you've used about half or more than half of your tank. It seems to me that your route could produce more km with 1 liter of fuel

Is that with heavy traffic, by the way?
    some say that, km/li-wise, it is better to refuel with the gas tank, emptier.
    they say the weight of the fuel, cuts into the fuel efficiency, that it is like having a small child in the vehicle at all times.
    well, in my opinion, that may be, but the savings is probably so minimal for the trouble.

i've been filling up when my gauge points to near-zero for decades. i have not noticed any ill-effects.

some parts of UPLB are baguio-like. uphill and downhill.

4. Join Date
    May 2013
    Hi Altuy and Dr.D

Usually by the end of the week my fuel gauge is at the halfway mark sometimes just over, sometimes just under. I tend to refuel here in Muntinlupa during the weekends as gas prices are higher in Los Baños.

I also encounter heavy traffic at Calamba and I do pass the Bucal bypass road which has steep parts and as dr.d said some of the roads in UPLB are Baguio-like.

I've been practicing driving with a lighter foot this week hehe. I will post my numbers when I refuel

5. Join Date
    May 2013

Total Distance Traveled: 210 kilometers
    Total Liters Refueled: 18.065 liters
    Route: Alabang-Los Baños (via Slex) > Around UP Los Baños (Monday-Friday) > Los Baños-Alabang (via Slex) > Alabang-Sta. Rosa-Alabang

Full Tank Method Result:
    11.61 km/L
    3.85 pesos/km

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012

Total Distance Traveled: 210 kilometers
    Total Liters Refueled: 18.065 liters
    Route: Alabang-Los Baños (via Slex) > Around UP Los Baños (Monday-Friday) > Los Baños-Alabang (via Slex) > Alabang-Sta. Rosa-Alabang

Full Tank Method Result:
    11.61 km/L
    3.85 pesos/km
    is the average speed available?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    is the average speed available?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    My vios doesn't have average speed readouts unfortunately

8. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    they say the weight of the fuel, cuts into the fuel efficiency, that it is like having a small child in the vehicle at all times.
    Oh... thanks, dr. d. I get it now. It does make sense; but I'm inclined to agree the benefit is minimal.

I've been sharing my ride going to work. I'm with at least 2 or 3 people from Cainta to QC; and with 3 or 4 people from QC to Cainta. I still average north of 9 km/l with my Altis.

A couple of considerations, though:

- I haven't tried near-emptying my fuel tank with just myself on board.
    - Most of my company are also girls; about 95% to 97% of the time.

Full Tank Method Result:
    11.61 km/L
    3.85 pesos/km
    Still not bad

I hope I didn't put pressure on you when I said that I thought you could still go farther with less fuel

9. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Altuy View Post
    I'm not an expert, but maybe it's because of the CVT?

That's what I feel with the Forester in heavy traffic. Feels like there's a delay, parang kulang sa torque.

Your 9.59 km/l isn't bad; but that's mixed city and highway, right?

it could be but no idea... and yes, mixed city and highway lagi ung computation ko but i would not consider CAVITEX a highway in the morning dahil parang EDSA lang din sya sa bagal...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by nsj86 View Post
    it could be but no idea... and yes, mixed city and highway lagi ung computation ko but i would not consider CAVITEX a highway in the morning dahil parang EDSA lang din sya sa bagal...
    Oh yes, yes... This is when it's great to have that average speed (MID). In its absence, well, route and time descriptions would do

I think your 9.59 km/l is great just by looking at it from that perspective ("parang EDSA"). Hehe.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Toyota Fuel Consumption Database