New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    this could be more fuel efficient than the wigo...

https://www.autoindustriya.com/car-r...-1-3e-cvt.html
    and this one looks good too...

https://www.autoindustriya.com/car-r...-1-3e-cvt.html

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    2017 fortuner G (2.4 diesel AT) - mixed traffic city & highway driving - 10.5km/ltr
    im very happy with this.

3. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Altuy View Post
    Nice! What's your current odometer reading, by the way?
    just reached 1000kms yesterday, got the unit last July 5 with 15kms on the Odo... pa schedule ko na rin for the 1st PMS...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    *Lorenz69

Which method are you using? Or is your 10.5 km/l based on your multi-info display?

*nsj86

I suggest that you keep track of your average speed if you have a multi-info display (MID). Reset it as you reset your tripmeter.

Your fuel consumption posting would be more complete, like: 9.36 km/l * 15 kph

5. Join Date
    May 2017

*nsj86

I suggest that you keep track of your average speed if you have a multi-info display (MID). Reset it as you reset your tripmeter.

Your fuel consumption posting would be more complete, like: 9.36 km/l * 15 kph
    nope, the vios doesn't come with the MID and yes, it will make more sense if the average speed is included.

thanks!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    *Lorenz69

Which method are you using? Or is your 10.5 km/l based on your multi-info display?
    the way i compute FC is i fill up the tank, re-set the trip odometer to zero. then when the gas guage reaches 1/4 tank, i fill up again (automatic stop always). i then divide the kms traveled by the qty of liters needed to fill up the tank.
    should i do it another way? i dont use the multi-info display.
    thanks!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz69 View Post
    the way i compute FC is i fill up the tank, re-set the trip odometer to zero. then when the gas guage reaches 1/4 tank, i fill up again (automatic stop always). i then divide the kms traveled by the qty of liters needed to fill up the tank.
    thanks!
    that's good.
    and it gets more accurate, the more often TS does it.
    the results become more "reliable", the more often it is done, because the in-equalities of daily driving and eyeballing, even out with time.

personally, i use the low fuel pilot light, in lieu of the gauge lines. i think it is less subjective than eyeballing the needle. although, it is something like playing chicken, which some drivers do not feel comfortable with.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 30th, 2017 at 12:20 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Doesn't matter if you fill up when the needle reaches 1/2, 1/4, or when the warning light comes on.

As long as you divide km travelled by liters filled, you get the actual fuel consumption, just make sure to use up at least 15L to get a reasonably accurate reading to compensate for variances.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    ^ thanks dr. d and jut703!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by nsj86 View Post
    nope, the vios doesn't come with the MID and yes, it will make more sense if the average speed is included.

thanks!
    Please continue posting your FC stats here

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz69 View Post
    thanks!
    Perfect! Keep on doing it; though you may find it interesting to compare your "full tank method" results with your MID results. Just don't forget to reset the MID every time you re-fuel!

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    just make sure to use up at least 15L to get a reasonably accurate reading to compensate for variances.
    I agree. There was a time I only consumed close to 5 liters of fuel... then, I refueled immediately because of an imminent oil price hike. Guess what -- I registered 17 km/l! Crazy. I didn't include that in my FC registry; I thought it was a fluke.

And oh, I noticed the more fuel I consume, the closer the full tank method results are to the MID results.

I once posted a message about that before. I believe it's also in this thread.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Toyota Fuel Consumption Database