New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Torsen LSD is for the center diff.

I'm asking about a rear LSD. Apparently it has. But I didin't have the chance to physically check whether the media unit had LSD.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    baka iba yung VGT sa VNT.

Hyundai uses BorgWarner VGT (i read somewhere while researching about it before we bought one).

2.2L VGT CRDi I-4 engine ( i assume CRDi are all the same template engine design), it can produce 150Hp and 335Nm

3.0L VGT CRDi V-6 produces 240HP with 480Nm of Torque (Hyundai Veracruz 3.0L CRDi)
    Last edited by Horsepower; November 8th, 2006 at 06:20 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski View Post
    The simple answer to the question raised in the topic title is... Yes...

VGT/VNT - check
    Nope. Variable geometrical turbo(VGT) is something completely different. Variable nozzle turbo (VNT) worked on the compressor side and didn't have to deal with the high temps of exhaust gas. VGT works on exhaust side to eliminate lag and is far more effective in delivering higher torque and horsepower.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    This type of turbine is called a Variable Nozzle Turbine (VNT). Turbocharger manufacturer Aerocharger uses the term 'Variable Area Turbine Nozzle' (VATN) to describe this type of turbine nozzle. Other common terms include Variable Turbine Geometry (VTG), Variable Geometry Turbo (VGT) and Variable Vane Turbine (VVT).
    I don't see the Variable Nozzle Turbo of Toyota in that list...

Seems like an acronym play to confuse it with the original Garett Variable Nozzle Turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by Revenant
    Nope. Variable geometrical turbo(VGT) is something completely different. Variable nozzle turbo (VNT) worked on the compressor side and didn't have to deal with the high temps of exhaust gas. VGT works on exhaust side to eliminate lag and is far more effective in delivering higher torque and horsepower.
    Thanks for clarifiying this once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    The Torsen LSD is for the center diff.

I'm asking about a rear LSD. Apparently it has. But I didin't have the chance to physically check whether the media unit had LSD.
    AFAIK the front & rear axles only have open diffs. Though the Prado LC120 has a rear LSD.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    turbine is also the same for turbo.... kahit tignan niyo definition ng VNT/VGT sa toyota thailand website at sa wikipedia, the same lang. mas malakas lang VGT ng hyundai kasi european made ito kesa VGT ng toyota kasi toyota's VGT is japanese-made. kahit tignan niyo sa fortuner club website lahat kami agree na our diesel fortuners are VGT equipped... kaya lang mas malakas 3.0li ng hyundai kesa toyota kasi sa hyundai V6 na while toyota inline 4 pa lang... hope this settles it....

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Konting OT lang.

Be wary of the articles you read from Wikipedia. Not all are true. Kahit sino puede magsulat doon.

Don't get me wrong. Wikipedia is extremely useful, and I'm proud to be one of their "small" donors.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    The LOCAL 3.0V Fortuner has VNT.

"Direct Injection, 4-Cylinder In-Line, DOHC 16 Valve, Variable Nozzle Turbo with Intercooler"

http://www.toyota.com.ph/showroom/fortuner/specs.html

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Yes the Fortuner is full time. The center diff unlocks to allow for road use.

However, the Mitsubishi Pajero has a part time system but it has a center diff lock in case the owner wants to run it in full time mode (C/D unlocked).
    really?....i just always thought that you wouldnt need a center diff lock when your 4WD is not full time for 4WD.. there is no use for a center diff lock if your not running a fulltime 4WD...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    really?....i just always thought that you wouldnt need a center diff lock when your 4WD is not full time for 4WD.. there is no use for a center diff lock if your not running a fulltime 4WD...
    Because Super Select gives the option of running the vehicle as 2WD or fulltime 4wd. On my Pajero I just leave it in fulltime mode. This ability to be run on both 4wd (on pavement) and 2WD is a feature unique to the Super Select (aka Active Trac) system when it was introduced in '91 (not sure today).

During that time, you had to choose between a full time 4wd Land Cruiser (no way to turn of system) or a part time 4wd Land Cruiser (whose 4wd mode cannot be used on pavement, off road use only) but you can never have both. Unlike with Super Select where you have the advantages of part time and full time 4wd in one system.
    Last edited by OTEP; November 11th, 2006 at 12:06 AM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    ah ok,. thank you for the info.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Is the Toyota Fortuner VGT and LSD equipped?