New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    summer: nice! congrats. did you get the diesel or gas?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    [SIZE=3]and more...[/SIZE]
    Last edited by summer75; June 16th, 2005 at 10:59 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    [SIZE=3]last set...[/SIZE]
    Last edited by summer75; June 16th, 2005 at 11:01 PM.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    we got the Silver Metallic, 2.7 Gas Variant. Been using it for the last 5 days and the fuel mileage registers at 4.7/L. ??? We hope to hit at least 5 to 6 km/L though.

The color makes it more huge.

the engine is relatively quiet for a truck based vehicle. well, at least if I compare it to the diesel variant.The ride is very smooth and quiet...earlier I saw posts about it being matagtag...but we had the tires checked and adjusted it to 30psi as suggested by our dealer. It was originally at 45!

the audio system is okay (we didn't get the DVD system, cuz with the 70K tag price, mine na lang pang shopping yun or pang leather seats! ) not outstanding but not bad either. It comes with a tiny remote too.

aircon= it has automatic settings, adjusting itself to best settings with temperature conditions at the time you put it on. but you can very well operate it manually to suit your temp preference.

interiors are okay. unless you touch it, the plastic finish give a nice look anyway but really, you have to be as anal as you can be with the maintenance and cleaning because with the beige interior, any dirt can be easily evidcent and tough to remove. keep a good carpet/upholstery cleaner ready. and a good vacuum cleaner too.

we asked about the wheel well (tama ba?) why it's not as protected as the left side is. They told us that this will make LTO stenciling easier as the chassis chenes number is on that side (malay ko ba)...they said the wires have been well coated naman so we don't have to worry about it that much. But i hope they can do something about this pretty soon...

anyway...the car seat covers that come with it, they fit poorly. the matting, unfortunately, walang stock available. meantime they gave us these really thin ones to use until they are able to get the customized ones for the Fortuner. I'm already scouting for leather seat covers....would you happen to know of anyone who can do the job? PM me please...

seating -- first and second row legroom is very good. while the third row is not as cramped as we thought it to be. but you can adjust the second row for a roomier legroon sa rear seats.

hold on...can you guys give me more parameters to base my reviews on. Just not quite sure what to peg here...thanks!

Last edited by summer75; June 4th, 2005 at 07:57 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by summer75
    more pics....
    WoW!
    Did you get your seat cover, floor mat and tint for free? or you have to pay for it?

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fortfan
    WoW!
    Did you get your seat cover, floor mat and tint for free? or you have to pay for it?
    yup...kasama those three sa initial package pre-launching...then according to my agent, they revised it now and it's down to 2 freebies...choose among the three. i begged for an umbrella and they gave me a green one. ok na yun... :grin:
    Last edited by summer75; June 4th, 2005 at 04:56 PM.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Buti ka pa, I reserved my unit way before the launching date and I am still waiting...waiting.... and waiting. Ayaw pa magbigay ng freebees

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fortfan
    Buti ka pa, I reserved my unit way before the launching date and I am still waiting...waiting.... and waiting. Ayaw pa magbigay ng freebees
    you know, we thought we were like gonna wait for like 3 months...then they called earlier than we thought they will.

yes, we opted for the in-house financing just like a lot of those who wanted one. that may be a consideration for our dealer. Business is business so to speak. They are pretty much upfront with that. Then, we wanted the 4x2 GAS variant which we learned has a lesser queue versus the DIESEL.

No freebies for you? naman!?! you should have at least two.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    summer75, if you don't mind, what was your financial scheme with your dealer like cost, interest rate, bank, in house or cash, etc.? i just want to have a comparison as we also ordered the 2.7 VVTI from toyota bacolod. our deal with them is in house financing, 9% base interest, 1.278 M (inclusive of insurance, chattel, LTO, leather seats, tint, matting) and they promised delivery on July. Appreciate any inputs you can provide.

and by the way, isn't the 4.something/liter consumption you mentioned earlier a bit too high? i've read an article somewhere here written by a 2.7 vvti owner in thailand where he mentioned that his consumption was 9 kms/liter? and in another thread here, where a dealer, also in thailand is advertising it at 11.2 kms/liter? thanks again.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    My friend's diesel registered 6.7km per liter. also an inhouose financing. no need to queue. Just like you said Business is Business.

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Toyota Fortuner Owners... share your experience with your new ride..