New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I need help!! WHich one i will chose of gasoline or diesel Fortuner... help!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by acesanbuena View Post
    I need help!! WHich one i will chose of gasoline or diesel Fortuner... help!!
    Sir you may want to check www.fortunerclub.net.ph for more info on which variant to choose from. Believe me, almost all your question is already answered there.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    DIESEL mas practical if you go for speed go for GAS.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bibili ka ba?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    [quote=acesanbuena;754738]I need help!! WHich one i will chose of gasoline or diesel Fortuner... help!![/Mag gas ka na lang, may problem d4d ng toyota!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Well, you can only have 4WD on the turbo diesel version...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I just bought a 4x4 fortuner last saturday. I was so excited to have this car that I didnt bother to check the sound of its engine. When I got home my dad tried to compare it with our 4x4 hi-lux. The hilux was with us for 2 years now and compared to my bnew fortuner, the engine noise of the hi-lux is more subtle for a diesel engine(plus considering the fact that its alredy 2 years old).

This morning I went back to my dealer and asked to have the car checked. They parked beside my suv another fortuner w/c is exactly the same variant (pati nga color) as mine and compared the engine noise. Its the same naman but I was skeptical. Sana pala nagdala ako ng sound meter para ma sure. Our hi-lux is often mistaken to be gasoline based than diesel. With my fortuner I feel like I'm driving a truck in terms of its engine noise.

When in full stop the torque is not that admirable but when it picks up speed, it really speeds up. I can even loosen my step in the accelerator once i get the momentum i want. it glides pretty well making it more pocket friendly in terms of diesel consumption. I didnt opt for as gasoline one mainly gasoline is expensive, it only has a 4x2 variant, and it has lesser power.

Good luck in choosing the right car for you

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    If I have more budget then I'll go for 3.0 Diesel 4X4,but regarding the D4D issues then I just go for 4X2 Gas

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yung 2.5 D4D lang naman nagkaproblema hindi kasama ang 3.0

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    i suggest get a 3.0L 4x4 fort..if kulang ka sa budget..hnap ka ng low mileage na fort 3.0 2nd hand...grado may mhhnap ka na gud deal..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
TOYOTA FORTUNER Diesel or Gasoline which one? i need help which choose