New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    A diesel-fed PPV is not something you wish for a quick 7-seater. These are meant to be multi-purpose family haulers with low fuel expense. An Innova 2.8L would be as quick, if not quicker, at a much lower price.

If you want a quick and spacious 7-seater which can 0–100 kmh in around 6 seconds, buy the Ford Explorer Sport. If you want something more affordable yet capable of doing around 8 seconds on a 0-100kmh sprint, buy the CX9 2.5 turbo. If you really want a quick diesel, I suggest a VW Touareg V6 TDI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Similar power (around 200 hp stock) but look at what the :

1) racechip mod,
    2) an air intake,
    3) and a full exhaust

do to the 0-100 kph and 0-120 kph (yes he measures 0-120) times. Big difference with these relatively affordable add ons.

Huge power gains on a Ranger Raptor from RaceChip, full exhaust, K&N drop in and speed booster - YouTube

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    I think turbo cars really do benefit from an exhaust, especially non-sports cars because the stock exhaust is designed to be quiet rather than unrestrictive. Rather, the gain from the exhaust seems to be bigger than the gain from the chip!

The part I find strange is why the "Speed Booster" has such a big gain when it's really just a throttle controller. I guess that means that the stock throttle map isn't actually giving full throttle.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345