New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by bulawbusiness View Post
    2016 Fortuner 2.4G yong sa Tita ko kaya 265/65R17 at Zumba edition ang tranny. matigas sya at bouncy gaya ng mga pagka-describe nila sa previous page dito, kaya baka nga talaga suspension upgrade ang best option.
    Hehe! suspension upgrade for comfort? good luck!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddeeward View Post
    Hi does anyone here changed their shocks in the new Fort to have a more comfortable ride? I inquired with Atoy customs and they said better to change them with "NAM" brand or Bilstein brand. Thanks! I need you feedback on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    23k-26k ang nam shock absorbers while retaining your coil springs.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I see I was mentioned here...

Like Monseratto says, the Fort is much better than the old one, but still too stiff for family duty. I figure the correct approach to this issue will be more progressive shocks plus a change of footwear... perhaps to tires with softer sidewalls.

Lowering pressure on the stock tires will not help much... if the sidewalls are stiff, all this will do is make the ride bouncier and wear out your tires' shoulders more. Having a more comfortable "premium" tire will give you a smoother ride even at the same 32 psi.

I don't think there's a need to change anything at the front. It's the rear set-up that has always been the problem for the Fort.

Be interested to hear what the final solution is.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Actually that's what i meant by the Bilsteins being noticeable in the large ruts and the like; instead of dropping straight into a hole in a jarring fashion, you'll somewhat glide down. Control during sudden movement at highway speed is also much better.
    That's exactly it.

*niky
    I figure we needed Batman hence the bat signal hehe. Are there any progressive shocks? King lists progressive springs but they are all raised by around 20mm.

*Monseratto
    If you'd like to be a guinea pig for the progressive raised springs I could order them.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I see I was mentioned here...

Like Monseratto says, the Fort is much better than the old one, but still too stiff for family duty. I figure the correct approach to this issue will be more progressive shocks plus a change of footwear... perhaps to tires with softer sidewalls.

Lowering pressure on the stock tires will not help much... if the sidewalls are stiff, all this will do is make the ride bouncier and wear out your tires' shoulders more. Having a more comfortable "premium" tire will give you a smoother ride even at the same 32 psi.

I don't think there's a need to change anything at the front. It's the rear set-up that has always been the problem for the Fort.

Be interested to hear what the final solution is.
    Wow, so many options.....now I don't know what to doToyota Fortuner 2016 changing front and rear shocks.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddeeward View Post
    Hi does anyone here changed their shocks in the new Fort to have a more comfortable ride? I inquired with Atoy customs and they said better to change them with "NAM" brand or Bilstein brand. Thanks! I need you feedback on this.

Hi sir. I have a fortuner 2006 and i changed the front spring with a fortuner 2013 to 2015, the wire diameter is much smaller compare to the stock. Then i also replaced the rear spring with an innova spring since the only difference is that is has smaller diameter of wire. Just add a 2" quicklift sr performance at the rear. I assure you will have a comfotable ride

Sent from my E5663 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    I don't have the new Fort but I have a lot of experience with Bilsteins. All HD Bilsteins (the ones for pickups and suvs) are high pressure (relatively) gas charged and mono tube construction with digressive valving. This means small dips and bumps like rumble strips will feel harsh but deep and tall holes and bumps will be dismissed easily.

Koni Heavy Track is much better at balancing on and off road ride quality. That's what I'm using in my pickup now.
    So Bilsteins are better sir? How long are they placed on your pickup?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    Not sure if they have comfort series for SUVs bro, parang HD lahat. Ang tigas sa city even for the CR-V. But yes you're right, offroad masarap sya gamitin like C-6 after umulan or on sand dunes. Di kasi malikot. But for everyday use on roads with imperfections, too harsh for me.

*vinj
    Baligtad experience ko, if on stock springs and Bilsteins lang ang kinabit much harsher on rumble strips and small undulations. Pero pag nalaglag ka sa malalim or hit a tall speed bump at speed, kayang kaya. But overall OME does ride much better. Di lang sya tumatagal masyado for me.

*Eddeeward
    From Niky's review he said the springs and shocks are matched. Knowing his preference for stiff, fast setups, and his (almost negative?) comment on ride quality, I take that as both are a bit too stiff. You need to change both the springs and the shocks. King springs or OME should have published spring rates for their products. If the spring rates are a bit lower than OEM, they should give a better ride. King also have tapered (progressive) springs which should ride well on bumps but not lean too much in the corners.

I've been wanting to get these progressive springs for a while, dami lang masyado gastos this year.
    How much would it cost?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Vensong Quezon View Post
    Experience ko sa 2016 Fort, Tarlac area yon. for kids, It's a fun ride parang trampoline hehe! lalo sa mga semintadong may mga hati hati.
    ok yan pag puno kayo pero kung 2 to 3 passengers? parang jeepney ang ride akala mo leaf spring 28psi front tapos sa rear 30psi.

magiimprove ang ride nyan pag lagyan nalang ng mga barbell.

pero kung ride comfort hanap mo dapat sana Innova nalang pinili mo.
    Thanks for the info. I chose the fort just in case dumaan sa baha. Hehehe Ok din sana innova but price wise ill go for fort.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    OEM shock absorber are the most comportable. Shock replacement for sport/off road purposes are needed but not for daily driven. Making it too soft will compromise the safety ot the vehicle and I dont think you can get aftermarket shock softer than OEM. Most replacement always the same as original or harder. If you try to re-engineering it for your purpose you will fail.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast