New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Good move, Jie11. Been very happy with the Prado. Just not pleased with that dashboard cracking.

Oil changes every 5t kms and ATF changes every 40t kms should keep it happy.

If you want a bit softer ride pa, you can try getting Old Man Emu shocks. Have had them since 2005. Still doing fine. No need for springs naman.

How's your fuel consumption?
    oh Sir IMm29 was not able to compute my FC. ill try to have it be computed maybe the week after next as i'm scheduled in going down to the lowlands then., i'll do post it soon.

How about you FC sir?

I'm contented with its stock shocks actually, the only problem really is my dashboard where i had it be placed with carbon sticker for the meantime, hehehe

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jie11 View Post
    sir, the best ciguro is for you to test drive both suv's for you to decide on which would best give you the comfort that fits your taste.. yun po cguro ang da best para matulungan po kau sa inyung decision.----
    For as long as the lc prado is properly maintained by the former owner, it won't give you any headache.
    accordingly, the new fortuner improved a lot especially on its suspension or kalampag issues.

Both SUV's are good though!!!

God bless po sa pagdecide nyu!!!

tnx for the input. agree with you that test drive will help a lot in deciding...
    but then again there are still that xxx & ooos to factor in.

seems to me that Prado owners- even acquired 2nd hand-
    are satisfied owners..wonder how you feel beside a brand new
    Fort or MS

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jie11 View Post
    oh Sir IMm29 was not able to compute my FC. ill try to have it be computed maybe the week after next as i'm scheduled in going down to the lowlands then., i'll do post it soon.

How about you FC sir?

I'm contented with its stock shocks actually, the only problem really is my dashboard where i had it be placed with carbon sticker for the meantime, hehehe
    No need for the sir, sir ;)

Not too good FC for a city dweller though. 5-6 km/L. That's why i'm interested in yours coz it gets to travel far and wide ;)

Seatmate in Mandaluyong should be able to give you a good idea of what they can do to the dash. Kainis, that's a worldwide problem. The big Prado community in Australia have had this problem too.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by inov8 View Post
    seems to me that Prado owners- even acquired 2nd hand-
    are satisfied owners..wonder how you feel beside a brand new
    Fort or MS
    IMO, the Prado is not fast, as the LC200, newer Fort nor MS. It's also not flashy unlike an LC200. But it feels nice and just right. Understated really. I can appreciate that it's relatively svelte and compact such that you can use it on a daily basis. It will hold it's own beside a new Fort or MS. I believe that its uniqueness will make it stick out of the sea of Forts and MS's.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hoola! merry christmas po!!!

my fuel consumption is 8.6kms/liter. I just don;t know if my computation is correct!

My unit po pala is Prado120, 3.0 diesel.

I had an automatic full tank at Tarlac early morning of yesterday, did reset my trip A odo to 0.

went to Manila, masyadong pong matraffic this days po pala dun sa panahon ngayun.

Traveled for Baguio in the afternoon. along the way at La Union, had again an automatic full tank.

I paid P1723.55 (40.852 liters). My trip A odo indicated 353 kms.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    8.6 km/L it is!

That's about right as I had gotten a figure similar to that back in 2010 when I did a Manila - Pangasinan - Manila trek on a Sunday.

Maybe we should be discussing more on the Prado in this thread:
    http://tsikot.com/forums/toyota-cars...7/index11.html

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    8.6 km/L is right!

I got similar to that on my Manila-Pangasinan-Manila trip a few years back. Sarap i-long drive, no?

We can probably discuss more on the Prado at this thread:
    http://tsikot.com/forums/toyota-cars...7/index11.html

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Correct! 8.6km/L it is!

Got something similar on my Manila-Pangasinan-Manila trek a few years ago. Good for long drives no?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123