New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    The new Fortuner’s superior packaging combines both the function of an SUV and its cutting-edge design that makes it look great anywhere the driver takes it. With its overall dimensions of 4,695mm by 1,840mm by 1,795mm, it is not just the biggest vehicle in its class, but the most stylish as well. Its eye-catching, aerodynamic exterior design incorporates a color-keyed, chrome-accented front grille that gleams with sophistication. The Fortuner’s multi-reflector quad headlamps are not just for aesthetics but for functionality as well, that also features enhanced night-driving visibility. Multi-reflector fog lamps beautifully integrated to its wrap-around bumper, prepare the driver for vision-hampering challenges ahead.

Chrome side-view mirrors and door handles emphasize a touch of class, while the sporty roof rails make it ready for weekend warriors who require huge load requirements. Black side steps, a high door frame height (1,105mm), a wide door opening (1,030mm), a low entry height from the ground (360mm) all add convenience in passenger entry and exit. The Fortuner’s over fenders are a perfect match to its 16-inch alloy wheels, mounted on high-profile all-terrain 265/70R16 tires that exude a rugged symmetry. The rear spoiler comes standard with integrated LED high-mount stop lamp as an aerodynamic safety feature. Multi-reflector rear combination lamps are highly visible and effective and contribute to the cohesive rear design.

From this large exterior design comes the Fortuner’s spacious interior which gives seven passengers superior comfort, ample leg room space and high quality amenities as reflected by its interior dimensions of 2,880mm (length) by 1,475mm (width) and 1,120mm (maximum distance from first row to second row) and 840mm (maximum distance from second row to third row).

Plush moquette comfortably seats seven adult passengers. Second row seats are capable of 60-40 split, while third row seats are capable of 50-50 split to maximize space for cargo. The driver’s seat of the Fortuner has a feel of commanding pleasure that is further emphasized by its sporty four-spoke leather-wrapped steering wheel, a gate-type automatic transmission and optitron gauges with instrument metal panel center cluster.

Other special amenities found in this new SUV include a 2-DIN single CD/MP3-capable head-unit with a six-speaker system that provide audio entertainment and a multi-information display console that updates time, direction, outside temperature and other important functions. Also, dual air conditioning system with automatic climate control provides good weather at all times. Accessory power outlets located at the front and rear makes the Fortuner ready for work, play and emergencies. Handy map lights, ample cup and bottle holders, and twenty-one convenience pockets within the interior provide occupants with more than ample places for all kinds of bric-a-brac.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    These were nice reviews guys. hmmm, makes me think of trading in my trooper...hehhehe, i think ill drop by a toyota dealer this sat.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5
    These were nice reviews guys. hmmm, makes me think of trading in my trooper...hehhehe, i think ill drop by a toyota dealer this sat.

rally, esep esep!!!!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ang sound system ba ng fortuner kasing ganda ng sa everest? i dunno about you guys pero nagagandahan ako sa stock sound system ng everest hehe...

anyway nakakita na ako ng unit kahapon sa may quirino ah goldish/brown/copper color... toyota otis galing...

parang 4runner = fortuner hehe malamang

hindi ba maglalabas ng manual? my brother is asking...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    3-month waiting list? buti na lang nakapagpa-reserve na kami sa toyota bel-air ng 2.7liter. pang number 3 kami sa list with a 3-week wait . huwag sana mausog, keeping my fingers crossed.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by pissword
    ang sound system ba ng fortuner kasing ganda ng sa everest? i dunno about you guys pero nagagandahan ako sa stock sound system ng everest hehe...

anyway nakakita na ako ng unit kahapon sa may quirino ah goldish/brown/copper color... toyota otis galing...

parang 4runner = fortuner hehe malamang

hindi ba maglalabas ng manual? my brother is asking...

pissword, sounds like carlo said.. medyo bitin even with the tweeters on the side.. may dala kasing CD si carlo eh.. nagpapatugtog na ng malakas.. hehe

AEGIS pa nga yata yung tugtog,... nyahahah joke.. he was playing house music (smirnoff cd)

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen
    pissword, sounds like carlo said.. medyo bitin even with the tweeters on the side.. may dala kasing CD si carlo eh.. nagpapatugtog na ng malakas.. hehe

AEGIS pa nga yata yung tugtog,... nyahahah joke.. he was playing house music (smirnoff cd)
    have you tried adjusting the HU Bass treble and equalizers control, so that you will know if ok ang sound system...

WBR<

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    sayang naman ng trooper kung ipagpalit mo sa fortuner. interior space, lamang ang trooper. diesel mileage, lamang ang trooper. plus you will have to cough up about P800,000 to get the diesel fortuner. ouch

paint job (washover) and mags and tires na lang para sa trooper

hehehehe

andy

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy
    have you tried adjusting the HU Bass treble and equalizers control, so that you will know if ok ang sound system...

WBR<

one more thing about the HU is that its not that user friendly. Mazdamazda and I were trying to locate the "Dolby" button or what so ever. What we just found is the surround button.

The HU was downgraded. Parang sa Altis 1.6J

* pissword

yeh, maganda HU ng Everest pero mas maganda yung nasa Montero Sport
    Last edited by carlocaraddict; May 16th, 2005 at 11:11 AM.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    MAZDAMAZDA.. pano mo na compute yung 300,000 over 10 years bago maging worth it yung 3.0 diesel?

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Toyota Fortuner 2.7L and 3.0D4-D test drive report