New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Mbt,

Very well reviewed.... Objectively great!!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Three month wait sa Fortuner?Whatever,eh matutlad yan sa Sorento CRDi,matagal ang pila kaya wala nang buyers,nakasakay na ako Fortuner G,well typical truck-like ang ride at tunog diesel yung 2.7 vvti(ala-Pajero FM o Y61 Patrol ang roar)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nakakainis talaga yun 3 months waiting time,pati hilux ganun din,nag order kmi ng hilux 4x4 G here in cebu,sa aug. paraw dadating yun unit,i though mas mabilis mag release sa manila,although diff. vehicle naman.yun hilux ba 3 months waiting time din ba sa manila?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    *mbt: Thanks for answering my Qs!

Guys, what do you think will the dealers give as freebies for the first few deliveries? Talked to my agent, she says there are no freebies... The Fortuner is a lot more expensive than the Innova, yet the Innova gets tons of freebies! The dealers better sort this out! The lines are getting longer and people will just get disappointed!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004

mbt, mazdamazda, baiskee and me test drove the Fortuner this morning in Toyota Makati.

IMO, the Fortuner is a little bit bouncy for me. Though the 4x4 D-4D is very responsive comparing with the 2.7 vvt-i. We drove the Fortuner to Malugay street where it has uneven road road surface. The steering wheel was somewhat unstable(it was noticed by mazdamazda).
    I really dont know if the km/l readings on the dashboard were acurate. sa 4x4 it reflected as 4.4km/l.

Well, IMO, the noise level in the cabin is acceptable. Head unit is somewhat cheap looking. There are tweeters included in the Fortuner. Sound system medyo bitin.

Well, if I compare it with the Everest and Montero, mas ok ang Fortuner, IMO.

paging mazdamazda and baiskee
    Last edited by carlocaraddict; May 15th, 2005 at 07:30 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my take on the fortuner:

diesel is good, gas is just adequate. blame the tranny?. the gas version is just adequate for puttering around the metro. though I would hesitatto overtake with it going up an incline. the diesel version is just superb! its full power though comes alive at around 3K rpm. I wonder how these engines would behave on a manual tranny. am not really fond of toyota's auto tranny.

jittery & lifeless steering wheel. now this really shocked me. on a short patch of uneven road, the steering wheel shook really violently... as if you were travelling on a dirt trail instead of paved streets. steering is heavy at first but gets too light when you start moving.

uncommunicative chassis & sterile driving dynamics. the ride is a bit firm up front but the body is very wallowy & soft. what gives? the driving experience is very sterile... i couldn't really feel the vehicle moving with me & how it is behaving. it is a bit like driving the honda city. it gets the job done nice & efficiently but it doesn't really stir you up.

good space but watch out for the blind spots. coming from a rav4, the fortuner is just massive. we were towering above AUVs & the patrol up ahead doesn't seem that large anymore. good space from the front to the back. pity though if you have to carry some luggage with 7 passengers in tow. the blind spots in front & right side is just alarming (a baby fender mirror would do the trick though).

nice tweeters, lacks lows, the tweeters in the sound system were a good addition. but the sound system would have benefitted more if a subwoofer have been installed instead. the mids are ok but the lows are just not there (or maybe it was just the pirated cd that carlo was using.... hmmm...).

overall, I wouldn't be rushing to put a reservation on the 4wd version. the 2wd versions seems a good idea though. but if you don't need 7 seats, the sorento is still the SUV to beat.

ganito kami ka serious mag test drive:

Last edited by mazdamazda; May 15th, 2005 at 10:03 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    now thats one serious look..

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    *mazda2

nakakasilaw ba ang daan, tindi ng shade mo kasi, di na makita ang EB mo eh... :joke:

ang lupit niyo mag-test drive very serious....

WBR,

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    for the testers who rode in the third row seat, can you give us more details like how did the ride feel? legroom? comfort? headroom? how long would you sit in such a row? how does it compare to the third row seat of the gen 2 pajero, the everest or the gen 2.5 pajero? convenience of entering and exiting? is there adequate cargo space left if all the third row seats are used? etc etc etc

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    worth it ba if you'll swap the fortuner with a isuzu trooper?
    Signature

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Toyota Fortuner 2.7L and 3.0D4-D test drive report