New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    I hope this is true! I wonder how much this would cost here in the Philippines?

News
    Toyota Motor PH could bring in FJ Cruiser next year
    by Vernon B. Sarne 11 Nov 2012

At least two sources inside Toyota Motor Philippines have confirmed to us that the country's leading carmaker is seriously considering bringing in the FJ Cruiser in 2013. The retro-styled SUV, based on the FJ40-series Land Cruiser and first launched in the US in 2006, is said to be just one of a slew of new models that TMP is looking to introduce to our market next year.

The conventional wisdom as to why Toyota is now mulling selling the FJ Cruiser here is that the company must have grown tired of watching gray-market vendors make a killing from the sales of the handsome sport-utility. But it could also be that the North American market--at which the FJ Cruiser was mainly targeted--has already been saturated. In its first year of sales in the US, the Toyota SUV moved more than 56,000 units. Five years later, in 2011, its sales performance had dipped to just 13,500 units.

There's no word yet whether a new-generation FJ Cruiser is currently in the works. But in case TMP launches the current model, do you think the Japanese carmaker can find enough Filipino buyers to snap up the units?

Copyright 2010 © Summit Digital. All rights reserved. TopGear.com.ph is a property of Summit Media.
    6F & 7F Robinsons Cybergate Center Tower 3,
    Robinsons Pioneer Complex Pioneer St.,
    Mandaluyong City 2005 1550 Philippines.

Source: Topgear.ph

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Wow, more choices!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    there's nothing new in that, TMP was late..since 2007 I already saw some numbers of FJ Cruisers rolling around the streets and hi-way of the metro.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    there's nothing new in that, TMP was late..since 2007 I already saw some numbers of FJ Cruisers rolling around the streets and hi-way of the metro.
    Yes, those were from the grey market. I have also seen some myself along NKEX, white and the other one is red. Maybe it will be cheaper if TMP bring it in through their distributors. I hope! Anybody here knows how much this one cost in the grey market?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    and that's the reason why they are bringing it here sabi sa article. madami rin sequoia ah. hindi ba nila dadalhin? :D

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if there are units being built from japan with a 4.0 V6 engine, then there is a possibility na mapapa baba ang selling price due to JPEPA, hopefully less than Php 2M same as RAV4's price...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Sana diesel ang ilabas nila at takaw sa gas ang 4.0 na v6.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Any fj cruiser users here? Ask ko lang if you know where we can get a leather seat cover for a 2008 model

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2