New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 76 of 203 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I didn't talk with toyota about the spring directly kasi nga when I asked them about my choking problem, the casa said they haven't encountered that problem yet, ganun ka aga lumabas ang choking problem ko. About the spring issue, it was more here in tsikot, from our fellow innova peeps ang nabasa ko tungkol sa spring issue. When I told a good friend of mine one night about the d4d supply pump problem when I saw him buy a fortuner, he talked to the casa where he got his unit (malakas siya sa may ari kasi) the next day, and that night, he told me they admitted daw yung 1st units ang problema, yung denso pumps na local daw, unlike his na all thailand built. I told him, I doubt it, because IMV project means a part is commonly built from same source. Next, the casa contact told him also about the spring, and I vaguely remember how the spring gets affected, but I think the spring loses its "springiness" due to the level of our fuel's lubricity and doesn't return to its normal position, thus choking the fuel line flow into the fuel pump. Now why they don't change just the spring? I don't know, maybe that spring is in the very inside of the pump, na mahirap buksan, replace, and reassemble?

That's why I asked our group if any of those who encountered the choking problem how many used biodiesel and how many just plain diesel, but haven't gotten an extensive reply. I did read back the innova thread, and this one also, I noticed that majority, if not all, of those who had choking problems were all not using biodiesel, or if they did, maybe not enough or too late?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Up to now, the Fortuner 3.0"V" D4-D is still free from the "problem". So far, there's been one reported "problem" with the 2.5 D4-D on a Fortuner "G" here in this thread. The problem seem to be slowly dissipating as evidenced by the lack of any fresh reports of "problem" surfacing in new Innova D4-D units. Lets hope Toyota has finally fixed the "problem" and for those who had the "problem" lets hope your units will be well after the warranty repairs. But in the end, no matter has been done, it is still very annoying to think a brand new unit would require such an extensive repair at this early in its life.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by altec
    I didn't talk with toyota about the spring directly kasi nga when I asked them about my choking problem, the casa said they haven't encountered that problem yet, ganun ka aga lumabas ang choking problem ko. About the spring issue, it was more here in tsikot, from our fellow innova peeps ang nabasa ko tungkol sa spring issue. When I told a good friend of mine one night about the d4d supply pump problem when I saw him buy a fortuner, he talked to the casa where he got his unit (malakas siya sa may ari kasi) the next day, and that night, he told me they admitted daw yung 1st units ang problema, yung denso pumps na local daw, unlike his na all thailand built. I told him, I doubt it, because IMV project means a part is commonly built from same source. Next, the casa contact told him also about the spring, and I vaguely remember how the spring gets affected, but I think the spring loses its "springiness" due to the level of our fuel's lubricity and doesn't return to its normal position, thus choking the fuel line flow into the fuel pump. Now why they don't change just the spring? I don't know, maybe that spring is in the very inside of the pump, na mahirap buksan, replace, and reassemble?

That's why I asked our group if any of those who encountered the choking problem how many used biodiesel and how many just plain diesel, but haven't gotten an extensive reply. I did read back the innova thread, and this one also, I noticed that majority, if not all, of those who had choking problems were all not using biodiesel, or if they did, maybe not enough or too late?
    Well, at least that's some hope for biodesel users. I have using BD with my innova since mid last year and fortunately wala naman problems. When this issue came up, even peole from toyota are unofficially saying to avoid BD. But I just said to myself, if they (toyota) cant even officially find out what's happening then how can they recommend what not to do?

As long as my engine doesnt give up on me I'll continue on with my routine (thanks to the tips from this site). And should my engine start to have these dreaded symtomps, I'll just fill up my next tank without BD then bring to the casa, so that there wont be questions on the warranty. I dont think they can tell.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    altec,
    Does biodiesel add lubricity to our fuel?

number001,
    How many Fortuner V owner here in tsikot? May be they are too small, that's why there are no 1st hand report yet of the same problem as 2.5 D4d.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Based on the list, 19 owners of 3.0V

Updated owner's list - Mar 14, 2006

1.summer75 - 2.7G VVTi, Silver Metallic
    2. Monseratto - 3.0V D4-D, Silver Metallic
    3. andre - 2.7G VVTi, Silver Metallic
    4. trader - 2.7G VVTi, Black Mica
    5. vicoyski - 3.0V D4-D, Silver Metallic
    6. lara - 2.7G VVTi, Silver Metallic
    7. jackaroo - 3.0V D4-D, Dark Gray Mica Metallic
    8. hyperev - 3.0V D4-D, Black Mica
    9. spiff41398 - 3.0V D4-D, Silver Metallic
    10. Forza – 3.0V D4-D, Super White II
    11. jad - 3.0V D4-D, Silver Metallic

12. fortfan - 2.7G VVTi, Silver Metallic
    13. greenlight - 2.7G VVTi, Silver Metallic
    14. fortuner13 - 2.5G D4-D, Black Mica
    15. toadstool - 3.0V D4-D, Silver Metallic
    16. JunDC – 3.0V D4-D, Dark Gray Mica Metallic

17. retinasurgeon - 2.7G VVTi, Black Mica
    18. allenjo - 2.5G D4-D, Dark Gray Mica Metallic
    19. patron - 2.5G D4-D, Black Mica
    20. magikels - 2.7G VVTi Black Mica
    21. Pilgrim - 3.0V D4-D, Black Mica
    22. Kurosaki Ichigo - 3.0V D4-D, Dark Grey Mica Metallic

23. attynorby - 2.5G D4-D, Silver Metallic
    24. big_jo - 2.5G D4-D, Silver Metallic
    25. seanjedi - 3.0V D4-D, Black Mica
    26. kent - 2.5G D4-D Dark Gray Mica Metallic
    27. liliputman - 3.0V D4-D, Brown Metallic
    28. Ram_001 - 2.5G D4-D, Grayish Brown Metallic
    29. tocloy – 2.5G D4-D, Grayish Brown Metallic
    30. bilog - 2.7G VVTi, Super White II
    31. beebs-2.7G VVTi, Super White II
    32. mechanixx-3.0V D4-D, Grayish Brown Metallic
    33. Shockz - 3.0V V D4-D, Silver Metallic
    34. IWC-3.0V D4-D, Super White II

35. Conix - 2.7G VVTi, Super White II
    36. herbularyo - 2.5G D4-D, Black Mica
    37. letranboy- 2.7G VVTi, Greyish Brown Metallic
    38. SPEEDYG77 - 2.7G VVTi, Dark Grey Mica Metallic
    39. konde - 2.7G VVTi, Black Mica
    40. franci_rod - 2.5G D4-D, Silver Metallic
    41. katsudon_ph - 3.0 V D4-D, Dark Gray Mica Metallic
    42. Rexxxs - 2.5G D4-D, Dark Gray Mica Metallic
    43. mbclubph - 2.5G D4-D, Black Mica
    44. LIM 88 - 2.7G VVTi, Silver Metallic
    45. monpogi - 2.7G VVTi, Dark Gray Mica Metallic
    46. KST - 3.0V D4-D, Dark Gray Mica Metallic
    47. bigbrother - 2.7G VVTi, Dark Gray Mica Metallic
    48. Batman 007 - 2.5G D4-D, Black Mica
    49. Chen - 3.0V D4-D, Silver Metallic

Future Fortuner Owners (tsikoteers):

1. Bry – 2.5G White
    2. bigbrother - 2.7G Dark Gray
    3. hector angel - 2.7G Black or White
    4. Vmax - 3.0V Dark Gray
    5. Onestab - 3.0V Black
    6. 4wrider - 2.7G Dark Gray Metallic or Brown Metallic
    7. kmo - 2.7G Silver or Dark Gray
    8. wilcats - 2.7G Black or Dark Gray

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Innova D4d Owner's here in tiskot around 50 the last time i check, but Fortuner owner wd 2.5 D4d are only 11 and yet there are 2 already that have this problem.
    Muka yatang iba ang Quality control sa Fortuner V compare to Fortuner G mas expensive kasi ang Fortuner V.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    Innova D4d Owner's here in tiskot around 50 the last time i check, but Fortuner owner wd 2.5 D4d are only 11 and yet there are 2 already that have this problem.
    Muka yatang iba ang Quality control sa Fortuner V compare to Fortuner G mas expensive kasi ang Fortuner V.
    I think, despite using a Denso brand fuel pump, the 3.0L displacement model fuel pump is quite different compared to the 2.5L model. That may be the reason why we haven't seen 3.0V's with the choking problem (knock-on-wood).

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents...

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Guys,

BioActiv will be joining Petron Lakbay Alalay program this season. I am thinking of something that would help tsikoteers on the road. Base camp will be o the SLEX and NLEX. Any suggestion please?

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Check this out guys!!!

Petron to sell bottled CME biodiesel in all retail outlets
    By Donnabelle L. Gatdula
    The Philippine Star 03/19/2006

Petron Corp. has signed a distributorship agreement with a coco-methyl ester (CME) supplier to sell bottled CME in all its retail stations nationwide.

Energy Secretary Raphael P.M. Lotilla said this development "is a clear manifestation of their support to President Arroyo’s energy independence program."

Partly government-owned Petron also recently inked a contract to supply the pre-blended coco-diesel requirements of state-owned National Power Corp. (Napocor).

Lotilla said the coco-biodiesel needs of the state-run power generation company will be used in its vehicles.

Under the contract, Petron will supply about 180,000 liters of coco-methyl ester or coco-biodiesel to Napocor.

Lotilla said it was, however, specified in the contract between Petron and Napocor that the risk of using such product will be shouldered by the buyer and not by the supplier.

The government through Executive Order 126, mandates all government agencies and offices to reduce their electricity and fuel consumption by 10 percent while Administrative Order 110 establishes the government energy management program.

For its part, the Department of Energy (DOE) had mandated the use of coco-biodiesel for blending with diesel in government vehicles.

The department is currently working towards mandating bio-ethanol blending with gasoline for government vehicles.

A mandate for a one percent blend of PNS-compliant CME in diesel will bring about a very significant 10-30 percent increase in mileage.

A minimum 10 percent mileage increase is seen to deliver actual savings to motorists of at least P150 per 50-liter full tank at prevailing diesel prices.

This results to savings of about P16 billion in diesel import costs per year for the whole country and 30-60 percent less emissions from all diesel engines in use.

The DOE has been encouraging the private sector to continue helping the government spur the development of these alternative fuels.

In August last year, oil companies committed to make available bottled CME in their retail stations nationwide.

So far, independent players like Seaoil, Flying V, and Eastern Petroleum have been selling bottled CME in their retail stations nationwide.

Aside from selling bottled CME, Flying V, on the other hand, is selling one percent pre-blended CME in their pump station.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    d4d engine. i noticed mine to be mausok lately especially during abrupt acceleration. ganon din ba sainyo?

Toyota D4D engine woes