New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 60 of 203 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza
    sorry to hear that bro, I think you're the record breaker here at 590km ODO. I advise don't accept to just reset the computer coz I think this is just a temporary solution, babalik at babalik din yan since the choking is cause by mechanical problem. Let them replace the whole crdi system. My car is scheduled for diagnosis this Saturday, I still need to know their recommendation. But I will insist on pump replacement in case they just want to reset the computer box.

If the unit is only 10 days old, he has the right to demand a replacement OF THE WHOLE UNIT NOT JUST THE ENTIRE CRDI and even change to VVti if he likes diba???

WBR,

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by m2m
    I'm new to this thread, but i would just like to share my experienced with my newly acquired D4D Innova G/AT variant.
    Had my vehicle just for 10 days, with OD=590KM, when i started to experienced the hard starting problem just yesterday. The engine would just die down after starting with the rpm would drop from 800 down to 0. I have to restart the ignition and rev the engine up to 1Krpm after starting to prevent it from stopping. Noticed that this happens even in the afternoon when the engine is cold. This morning I brought the unit to Toyota at Shaw for checkup. The SA seems to know the problem and he mentioned that it will take 4 days to diagnose the unit. It caught me by surprise and protested, he explained that they have only one diagnostic computer and this is being shared by both Toyota - Shaw & Toyota - Ortigas & apparently Ortigas has the diagnostic computer and they have to wait for their turn! so instead of waiting, I brought the vehicle to Ortigas and the SA says its his second Innova with such problem. He mentioned that they will run diagnostic and get a snapshot of the system and perform a reset, if it does not fix the problem, they will request for a replacement fuel pump. Now waiting for the the result but, Im pretty disappointed with the 4D4! How i wish i got the VVTI instead

Ano to Epidemic!? I wish na masira na lahat ng D4d ngayon na, sabay sabay para ayusin na ng Toyota itong problema sa D4d. PU#*$#$*$*! Toyota Bwisit! Sorry dun sa mga ok pa ang D4d ha nakakaasar lang talaga.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jhared
    e, hindi naman brand new engine ang d4d eh.. updated version lang ng mga lumang engine nila... nilagyan lang ata ng crdi to look gud n parang bago sa market, a frend told me so kc meron sila old toyota n d fortuner 3.0.. dey say halos magkapareha lang except for the crdi... kaso nga lang wala ako masydo alam sa kotse eh,, i just took his word.. baka nga tru, malay ko..
    Its true, the D4D is already quite an old engine. I just came from Bangkok and saw a lot of old model hilux pickups using D4D engines. Maybe the crdi models are upgrades of the old model. There are lot of innove type toyota models in BAngkok. I believe that the problem of the D4D engines comes from a batch or model of defective fuel pumps.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hayuufff talaga ang service ng Toyota Alabang. I had this very frustrating experience with them...

Last 4th january, I experience the choking of my Innova D4D, sabi ko heto na (see D4D Engine Woes) yung inaantay ko. I called up Toyota Alabang and reported about the choking of the engine. I talked to Nato, one of the service supervisor and my car was scheduled for diagnostic on Jan 21. I told him na If I wait for 3 weeks baka lalong masira yung sasakyan, so this Nato advised me to just come as "walk-in" anytime. So we agreed but I told him na just keep my schedule on 21 Jan. However, when my wife contacted them nung 11 Jan to re-confirm, sabi nung service dep't wala daw kaming schedule on 21 Jan, wala daw instruction ni Nato. Tsaka keylan lang daw kami tumawag eh 4th Jan tumawag na ako. And after a few arguments, our shedule is maintained at 21 pero 8:00 ng umaga. Too early but okay at least naka schedule na kami. This morning when my wife arrives in Toyota Alabang, sabi daw dun wala yung service supervisor na hahawak sa sasakyan namin so ang nangyari "walk-in" lang sina ismi and you know what, #29 sila sa pila. Bullshit*^^%$&,. Heto ang masaklap, after yung diagnostic, ang sabi daw nung supervisor is to "OBSERVE" tha car again, eh wala naman silang ginawa sa car, ni hindi nga ni reset yung computer eh. Anong observation ang gagawin namin eh nandun na nga yung complain. F)(&*&%*&)CK!!! Ang sabi daw at least nasa record na nila yung sasakyan namin. Di man lang nila sinabi na "will call you upon analyzing yung what have been downloaded from computer box".... sorry mods, na buwisit lang talaga ako

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    karamihan talaga ng mga casa masama yung rep ng mga service depts, kadalasan mas mabuti pa yung mga talyer sa labas na madaling kausap yung may-ari

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Haaaaaaaaaaaaay naku nakakaasar talaga mga ganyang systema ganyan din halos ang nangyari sakin kaya lumipat ako ng ibang casa.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    *Bongliza,

nakakashoot up ng dugo yang experience mo sa Toyota Alabang...

* ALL..
    Anu kaya kung hulog na lang sa bangin o ilog ang sasakyan natin, tapos claim na lang sa insurance na total loss, then buy na lang ng ibang brand wag lang toyota....

WBR,

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy
    *Bongliza,

nakakashoot up ng dugo yang experience mo sa Toyota Alabang...

* ALL..
    Anu kaya kung hulog na lang sa bangin o ilog ang sasakyan natin, tapos claim na lang sa insurance na total loss, then buy na lang ng ibang brand wag lang toyota....

WBR,

hahaha baka maraming magsarang insurance company.
    di kaya magtaka sila panay panay ang mga nagclaim ng total loss sa mga innova na d4d??

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yesterday, I called up Toyota Alabang and talked to the Service Supervisor from about the result of the analysis of my car. Ang sabi niya, normal daw yung resulta. Sabi ko papano naging normal eh nag choke na nga yan a few times. Tanong ko pa, for example, nag choke today, di ba ma re retrieve yung history of the car if analyzed the other day, ang sabi eh "hindi daw". Dapat daw naka connect yung analyzer sa computer box and at that time mag choke yung engine.
    He (Mady, mabait naman kausap) also said that Denso requires the graph (result from analyzer) as proof for them to replace the Pump System. Pu*(*^&*^, sabi ko yan na nga ang problem, Pump Problem, anong proof pa ba ang hahanapin nila since an dami ng ganitong problema. Mady also told me about the pump faults by batch, first batch daw, I told him na meyron nga diyan 590km ODO manufactured somewhere in Oct ad the pump fails, therefore hindi sa batch kundi yung Denso Pump talaga. I told him about all the problems I've read on this thread, agree naman siya, hehehe (buti na lang may thread na ganito). Yun nga lang dapat daw lalabas sa analyzer na mey diprensya yung engine before they replace the pump system, procedure daw ng Toyota Alabang at wala silang magagawa
    Sabi ko intermittent yung choking so papano kung pagdating ko diyan sa Toyota ay ok naman, eh di ibabalik ko na naman sa bahay. Papano yung mga mangagaling sa Probinsiya, ibig ba sabihin ibabalik din nila yung sasakyan? He suggested to leave the car sa Casa na lang for 2 to 3 days and they will try to analyze it within this dates. Nasa bahay ngayon yung car, nag mo moni moni... The car is scheduled again next Tuesday but I'm thinking if I really have to leave the car.
    Haaayyy, beginning to hate Innova. But in fairness, mabait naman yung Supervisor nila, Mady. Anong comments niyo mga Innova peeps specially those who already had their pump system replaced. Anong mga experienced niyo sa Casa?

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Dapat kukuha din kami ng innova D4D. Kinausap ko sung Agent about the problem hindi niya ako masagot sa Service daw masasagot yun... Then tinanong ko sung sa Service ME: May problem daw yung D4D regarding CRDI ba yun or Fuel Pump something?
    SA: Hindi naman lahat sir
    ME: Pero madami.
    SA: Minsan sir reset lang ng Computer ok na
    ME: Worst case yun na nga masira ano papalit ninyo same parts or much better quality parts?
    SA: Same pa rin sir.
    ME: eh di if ever yun ang defect may possibility masira ulet yun....
    SA: Hindi naman sir.

Ano ako Bobo... Same parts = Same mistake = same output = same problem.

Toyota D4D engine woes