New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 57 of 203 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    Try this, On your commute to and from work everyday, count how many new Innovas (no plate #s only) have vvti and D4-D on and you will be surprised by the results. You'd also notice that early release Innovas (plate# XR*-***, XT*-***, XS*-***, ZA*-***, etc) are mostly D4-D.

The increasing number of new Innovas (no plate #s) sporting vvti has alot to do with the growing D4-D problem. Do not underestimate the fact that people have better access to the internet today because of information gleaned from this board or spread through word of the mouth from people reading this thread.

This thread has been very helpful, useful and definitely an eye-opener to me. Of course, there are those who will be never be convinced at all costs even if the evidence were sitting right in front of them. I respect these people's viewpoint regarding the supposed "innocence" of Toyota in this matter, but they do so at their own peril.

To each his own.

As for me, I'm putting my wallet where my mouth is because very soon I'm taking delivery of a Toyota IMV vehicle outfitted with a vvti engine.
    Isn't it because the price difference bet. gas and diesel came too close than it used to be. This happens somewhere mid last year di ba? So why you get diesel when the petrol cost is almost par? just my 2 cents..

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza
    Isn't it because the price difference bet. gas and diesel came too close than it used to be. This happens somewhere mid last year di ba? So why you get diesel when the petrol cost is almost par? just my 2 cents..
    I'm not a high mileage traveler/driver, so petrol/diesel price differences or consumption do not factor in my decision making process. But due to the nature of this thread, more importantly, who would want to get an diesel engine that has chance of being problematic after a few thousand kilometers of use only.

I'd like to get the diesel engine alot and will get it anytime, if it werent for the sizeable number of tsikoteers experiencing problems with D4-D and a lack of any forseeable solution(s) or direct support from Toyota. Since then, I've changed my mind.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    Guys, Hope you can help me supply the info. of tsikot members who already underwent D4D surgery. Would like to know odo when your fuel supply pumps failed.

strayWOLF -- entire CRDI system replaced July 2005 odo=?
    larshell ------ entire CRDI system replaced Oct 2005 odo=?
    lord --------- entire CRDI system replaced Oct 2005 odo=?
    3kings ------- entire CRDI system replaced Nov 2005 odo=1,500km.
    lexus -------- entire CRDI system replaced Nov 2005 odo=?
    Gabby ------- only fuel pump replaced Dec 2005 odo=1,200km
    bongliza ----- scheduled for CRDI replacement Jan. 21, 2006 odo=14,000km.

pls. correct if needed & if you can't recall odo, pls. estimate na lang. TIA
    oh my this is alarming

I dont see any CRDI problems being stated on cars other than toyota. I see alot of hyundai CRDI's particularly the Starex, I think they don't have the same problem as Toyota, do they?

I can empathize with car owners having problems even though its covered by warranty. The time you put in having it serviced and the frustration you get is really bad. Buti sana kung 1 or 2 hours lang yun repair at kung kapit bahay mo lang yun casa. But you have to schedule, talk with service advisors, and it takes more than half a day to get your car fixed let alone going to the casa and getting in line... and the uncertainty(if its reparied or not) just stresses you out. Kahit sabihin mo libre yun parts and labor, just getting it approved to be "under warranty" takes a long time. they will review the status of your car, schedule a test drive, schedule a "warranty evaluation", evaluate the problem, submit the case to the plant etc... mahirap din grabe yan, dumaan na rin ako dyan

and in cases like this, i can remeber what my professor in college(many many many years ago) always says about new technologies or products - buy them a year or two later so that whatever problems or "bugs" come out in its intial release will be sorted out. but he was referring to a hardware glitch in a computer hehehe.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    hi everyone!Im new here and i have a story to tell. we ordered an innova d4d fr toyota alabang, my bank faxed a p. o. and my sales agent phoned me that on monday , supposedly yesterday, our choice color will be available and we made appointment for the release.Yesterday,we wanted to know if the unit is already there so we called our agent for so many times but she kept on not answerring her mobile.we even called sales dept of TAI but they said they could not locate my agent and nobody on the phone wanted to assist us in our concern.We were a bit worried coz we brought with us our money na.So we waited until afternoon , but no contact. So, what i did is sent text 2 my agent saying my name and i wanted to cancel innova and thanx. A few seconds, my phone rings and it was my LOST agent CALLING.? SO i explained to her that we changed our mind, we were unhappy with her attitude towards us.I even told her baka we'll get na lang the sportivo of isuzu or get innova at another dealer na lang.She got angry to me over the phone and sinigawan pa ako and told me na hwag ko daw sya hanapan ng butas para mag cancel kami ng order!very funny isnt it?so thats It! upon hearing that from her, i told her ayoko na lalo and i told her shes so unprofessional and im going to let Toyota alabang be informed on this incident. It was during that time i surfed for the website of toyota alabang but i accidentally landed on tsikot.com.Ive read parts of this thread and was only done right now.What a blessing in disguise! wala kaming kaalam alam na ganyan pala ang problema ng innova d4ds. and yet mayabang pa their sales agent.mabuti na lang sinuwerte pa rin ako kahit papano this time.... I have problems din kasi with my other cars before like my 2000 2.5 v6 opel vectra which is too expensive in maintenace and parts, low resale value,...my isuzu trooper 2003 which is defective in fuel injection, luckily isuzu alabang people are honest on me saying it is factory defect and even at 50000+km they changed all parts for free and gave me another 50000 warranty for the replaced parts.Theres no more problem at all after that. Until now i love my isuzu trooper, ok naman siya.I think its a blessing na ma educate ako about the performance of innova from existing innova owners and technology oriented people in this forum coz it helps decide wisely what car we will be getting for my brother which is within our budget .Sorry na lang for toyota, sana i- improve na lang nila ung binebenta nila and ung mga nagbebenta nila....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    * sophieneveau, you've got to thank her for being so rude, otherwise, you're now one of many owners of Innova D4Ds. Kidding aside, take a glimpse of this article before deciding which variant to choose. And, of course, with all the information this thread has provided you also.
    Last edited by leinahtan; January 18th, 2006 at 03:55 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    guys check this site:toyotaownersclub.com pati pala sa UK may problem din with d4ds

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I talked with a friend who recently got a 2.5 d4d fortuner 4x2 about the possible pump problem. Kaya pala ang bilis niya nakuha ang unit niya, kilala pala niya yung toyota dealer. He even told me in Cebu where he got the unit, Cebu admitted one unit innova who already underwent the replacement. Akala niya sa innova lang. So with the info I gave him, he went to the casa and talked to several people. And they admitted that the 1st batches na made in the philippines daw ang may tendency. Yung sa kanya na imported from Thailand, di daw dapat magkaproblema. I left it at that. Who am I to argue with him if accurate ba ang sinabi ng casa sa kanya, although I have my doubts.

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Sa ngayon hindi pa din ok ang 2.5 D4D engine ng Innova? Or fixed na ng toyota ang problem?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    nayko! buti pa Starex CRDi...anong nangyari sa Toyota? dapat mag-recall sila, kawawa naman yung mga owners na maglalabas ng pera para sa factory defect nla.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by altec
    I talked with a friend who recently got a 2.5 d4d fortuner 4x2 about the possible pump problem. Kaya pala ang bilis niya nakuha ang unit niya, kilala pala niya yung toyota dealer. He even told me in Cebu where he got the unit, Cebu admitted one unit innova who already underwent the replacement. Akala niya sa innova lang. So with the info I gave him, he went to the casa and talked to several people. And they admitted that the 1st batches na made in the philippines daw ang may tendency. Yung sa kanya na imported from Thailand, di daw dapat magkaproblema. I left it at that. Who am I to argue with him if accurate ba ang sinabi ng casa sa kanya, although I have my doubts.
    Kala ko lahat ay galing Thailand?

Toyota D4D engine woes