New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 48 of 203 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbclubph
    hi guys,

i will be getting my fortuner 2.5 diesel nextweek. any suggestions or comments will be much appreciated. medyo kinakabahan kasi ako co'z this car is for my mom and sister mahirap na itirik sila. ..
    So why take the risk of getting a diesel if you can get the trouble-free and worry-free gas variant instead?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    thanks for the fast reply.

kasi eto lang readily available.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbclubph
    hi guys,

i will be getting my fortuner 2.5 diesel nextweek. any suggestions or comments will be much appreciated.
    if I were you...

I'd rather get a Sorento EX with that kind of budget. Kia / Hyundai's CRDi engines are holding pretty well here (it has been around for more than a couple of years now).

better be safe than sorry.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by apexi_66
    D4D engine problems does not concern with seals and fuel leak. Seals and leaks can be easily fixed but choking , hard starting and worse is engine stalling, those are the main problems that Toyota can't seem to fix.
    Yes, I know that. I read the thread. I was reacting to the use of biodiesel and made my objective recommendation.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by johnqpublic318
    Yes, I know that. I read the thread. I was reacting to the use of biodiesel and made my objective recommendation.
    No problems mate.
    mbclubph, I agree with mazdamazda. Don't put your mom and your sister at risk. Mga babae yan so doon ka sugurado.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    come to think of it, if you travelled 100,000 kms, you will able to save P 284K in fuel expense if you are using a diesel innova against a vti variant. i assume fuel consumption of 11km per ltr for d4d and 6km per ltr for vti and fuel cost of P 31 per liter for diesel and P 34 per liter for gasoline.

this could compensate for the 134k cost for the supply pump repair (if after warranty) and the price difference of the vti and d4d acquisition cost.

pa consuelo lang po mga pre...................

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hi themann,

But you only put one-half of the equation.

Fortuner 3.0 D4D = 1,573,000

Fortuner 2.7 VVTI G = 1,268,000

Difference in acquisition price =P 305,000

Invested and compounding at 10% annually for 5 years = P491,000

(Assumption here is that 1 year = 20,000 km therefore 100,000 km = 5 years)

Five years later:

Fuel Savings from using diesel = P 284,000.
    Opportunity loss from buying diesel = P491,000

Total net loss from buying diesel 3.0 Fortuner and not the 2.7 VVTI G = P207,000

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Plus the additional oil and maintenance items. In my experience, regular maintenance of a big diesel costs a bit more than the regular maintenance of a gasoline engine.

For me, the trade-off would almost be okay... as I tend to do 40k km in a year, but I'm not really fond of big cars... especially if I have to drive it in city traffic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Yun na nga, they should have never sold a vehicle not suitable for local conditions.

GDI Mitsu engines are unavailable in the U.S. because their fuel is 'too dirty' for the GDI system.

Hyundai/Kia/Bosch did their homework with their CRDi system even if it meant holding the lauch back a year or two.

Mercedes Benz, 'tropicalizes' vehicles to be sold locally

Why can't Toyota do that?

How's about Isuzu's CRDI? Are they affiliated with Bosch as well?

Is the crdi stalling problem only affects toyota crdi diesel?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Plus the additional oil and maintenance items. In my experience, regular maintenance of a big diesel costs a bit more than the regular maintenance of a gasoline engine.

For me, the trade-off would almost be okay... as I tend to do 40k km in a year, but I'm not really fond of big cars... especially if I have to drive it in city traffic.
    sa experience ko may kamahalan nga ang maintenance ng diesel kesa sa gas kung regular PMS. on the dmax, I just bought 7li of mobil1 delvac which costs 4k, sa rav4 its 2k for 4li of fully syn oil. on the v6 ford its twice as much. the diesel wins when your daily trip is traffic laiden but then again, kuha ka na lang ng subcompact pag city driving, no problems with the tight parking slots as well. then again, the pickup suits me when the rainy season(and the usual floods) come so its ok as well, its just a matter of juggling your personal needs and priorities

Toyota D4D engine woes