New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 47 of 203 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    let's keep the d4d engine and brake problems separate...

here's the link for the brake problem thread:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=483946

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    just to add lang....

yes my d4d had problems
    yes they did replaced crdi system

i tested it with a long drive to baguio
    well today looks so far so good.

at first i thought of loose power when im climbing baguio from marcos hiway, so i closed my a/c. it was a steep incline though. when i came around the bend i saw other vehicles moving around 5km/hr so i guess mine is far more ok than theirs.

i was cruising at 120kph i didnt think it will be convenient and comfortable moving faster than that. ave liter-km consumption was around 11km/liter

overall comment, it was a damn good ride compared to others in its class.

my 3cents

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 3kings
    just to add lang....

yes my d4d had problems
    yes they did replaced crdi system

i tested it with a long drive to baguio
    well today looks so far so good.

at first i thought of loose power when im climbing baguio from marcos hiway, so i closed my a/c. it was a steep incline though. when i came around the bend i saw other vehicles moving around 5km/hr so i guess mine is far more ok than theirs.

i was cruising at 120kph i didnt think it will be convenient and comfortable moving faster than that. ave liter-km consumption was around 11km/liter

overall comment, it was a damn good ride compared to others in its class.

my 3cents
    sir, nawala na ba totally yung hard starting?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lord
    * larshell
    Now I wonder if biodiesel has something to do with this event. I didn't mention anything of biodiesel to the SA because I want them to find out the root cause and solve the problem themselves. The SA specifically told me that such adjustment is deem necessary sometimes and that the D4D engine is not bad at all.

Regarding the advise of the QA station SA not to use biodiesel, I persomally believe that they should not void the warranty because you use biodiesel. In the first place such fuel is recommended and now supported by the government. We have the right to get the government's help if tpypta will not allow us to use biodiesel. Also, toyota must first prove that such fuel also is not compatible with the D4D engine. Otherwise, they cannot prohibit those consumers that wish to use biodiesel.

The D4D for me is a good engine after all.

Few days from now, Im gonna try again using biodiesel. This is to find out what the culprit really is and test also the ability of Toyota to remedy such event.
    Why even use biodiesel and push it?

Here's our stand:

"Fuel Sources such as Rape Methyl Ester (RME), Soybean Methyl Ester (SOME) and the like, collectively known as Fatty Acid Methyl Esters (FAME)are being used as alternative or supplementary fuel.

The use of these fuels in concentrations above 5% in unmodified vehicles causes a softening of seals and possible fuel leaks. Land Rover does not recommend or approve of any such conversions. Damage caused as a result of using higher concentrations of Biodiesel is not covered by Land Rover warranties."-- Land Rover Warranty Policy and Procedures Manual, May 2003.

J. Paolo San Mateo
    Service Manager

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by johnqpublic318
    Why even use biodiesel and push it?

Here's our stand:

"Fuel Sources such as Rape Methyl Ester (RME), Soybean Methyl Ester (SOME) and the like, collectively known as Fatty Acid Methyl Esters (FAME)are being used as alternative or supplementary fuel.

The use of these fuels in concentrations above 5% in unmodified vehicles causes a softening of seals and possible fuel leaks. Land Rover does not recommend or approve of any such conversions. Damage caused as a result of using higher concentrations of Biodiesel is not covered by Land Rover warranties."-- Land Rover Warranty Policy and Procedures Manual, May 2003.

J. Paolo San Mateo
    Service Manager
    D4D engine problems does not concern with seals and fuel leak. Seals and leaks can be easily fixed but choking , hard starting and worse is engine stalling, those are the main problems that Toyota can't seem to fix.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs
    sir, nawala na ba totally yung hard starting?
    beebs,
    so far so good!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If Toyota replaces the failed CRDi system with an identical CRDi system then the problem is bound to occur again, right? Seems like they're just buying time.

*Honda replaced the defective fuel tank straps with improved ones, didn't they?
    *Ssangyong put in a reinforced replacement door handle for the ones that broke (in fact, they recalled all local units sold prior to a certain date).

The list goes on.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Did toyota say what's wrong with the CRDI system of the Fortuner? Could the culprit be the poor quality diesel fuel we have in the Philippines.

Here in Thailand I have not heard of a problem with the Fortuner's CRDI system. the Fortuner's brakes have been raised as an issue but not its CRDI system. And there are thousands of Fortuners running around here. But then again diesel being sold here is Euro 3 compliant.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yun na nga, they should have never sold a vehicle not suitable for local conditions.

GDI Mitsu engines are unavailable in the U.S. because their fuel is 'too dirty' for the GDI system.

Hyundai/Kia/Bosch did their homework with their CRDi system even if it meant holding the lauch back a year or two.

Mercedes Benz, 'tropicalizes' vehicles to be sold locally

Why can't Toyota do that?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    hi guys,

i will be getting my fortuner 2.5 diesel nextweek. any suggestions or comments will be much appreciated. medyo kinakabahan kasi ako co'z this car is for my mom and sister mahirap na itirik sila. regarding sa trooper i already experienced yung problem sa fuel system sa 2001 trooper namin that time it was still under warranty so no problemo but before matapos warranty binenta ko na. pero matigas ulo ng dad ko ok daw trooper so we bought a 2004 model again ok naman walang prob!.

Toyota D4D engine woes