New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 161 of 203 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Loko hindi ka kasali dun

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hello mga sirs. I just visited Toyota Balintawak-North to personally ask about the "recall" made by Toyota with regards to some of its "defective" units. The office confirmed to me na they have already written and notified the owners of affected units. These units were produced between 2005 and until middle part of 2006. I was fortunate my unit was not one of those affected by such problem. Tiningnan nila ang PRODUCTION NUMBER ng innova d4d unit ko and they told me hindi kasali yun sa mga may problem kasi "daw" kinorek na "daw" yun ng Toyota bago pa man ipinadala sa Pinas ang engine. Those Frame No. KUN40-500_ _ _ _ _ ang may mga defects. But if your unit comes with a KUN40-501 _ _ _ _ _ , di na raw kasali yun.

Thank you.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jam2 View Post
    Hello mga sirs. I just visited Toyota Balintawak-North to personally ask about the "recall" made by Toyota with regards to some of its "defective" units. The office confirmed to me na they have already written and notified the owners of affected units. These units were produced between 2005 and until middle part of 2006. I was fortunate my unit was not one of those affected by such problem. Tiningnan nila ang PRODUCTION NUMBER ng innova d4d unit ko and they told me hindi kasali yun sa mga may problem kasi "daw" kinorek na "daw" yun ng Toyota bago pa man ipinadala sa Pinas ang engine. Those Frame No. KUN40-500_ _ _ _ _ ang may mga defects. But if your unit comes with a KUN40-501 _ _ _ _ _ , di na raw kasali yun.

Thank you.
    it would be much better if this message was released from toyota inc itself, publicly para matapos na itong issue

I just visited Toyota Balintawak-North to personally ask about the "recall" made by Toyota with regards to some of its "defective" units. The office confirmed to me na they have already written and notified the owners of affected units. These units were produced between 2005 and until middle part of 2006.
    Thank you.
    tama pa rin yun professor ko nung college... its still a best pratice to buy something with new technology/feature after a reasonable time/period from its initial release. this is to give time for the manufacturer to sort out bugs/problems/defects not seen in its initial testing that will(or might) only come out in the real world.

Last edited by cardo; January 8th, 2007 at 02:32 PM.

4. Join Date
    May 2005

Thank you.
    This is a good news. But I need to ask question.

Is this official? Are you sure that you are not talking to an agent? Did you get
    his name? What correction did they make? Are you sure that they are not referring to the differential recall? Did they show some proof that they already make the correction? I'm sorry if I ask you a lot of question. Pero kasi medyo bitin yong info mo.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    [quote=cardo;731622]it would be much better if this message was released from toyota inc itself, publicly para matapos na itong issue

Of course toyota wont admit this in public. You know it, don't you? (On the other hand, better nga naman yan than my own initiative. Lumabas pa tuloy na tsismis lang to.)

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    This is a good news. But I need to ask question.

Is this official? Are you sure that you are not talking to an agent? Did you get
    his name? What correction did they make? Are you sure that they are not referring to the differential recall? Did they show some proof that they already make the correction? I'm sorry if I ask you a lot of question. Pero kasi medyo bitin yong info mo.
    The ones i was able to talk to were not from the sales dept. They wrote daw individually those whose units were potential lemons. They either replaced, reprogrammed or corrected some defects. They cited the diesel fuel as the primary culprit in problems like stalling, hard start, etc., kc daw ang pump nababara. Madumi daw quality diesel natin (pang jeepney lang daw). But this is not a reason kung bakit may problem. We know it. Yung major defects ay dun naman sa manufacturing daw na problem, which toyota was able to correct already in later models. Of course they did not show proof (lalo na yung evidentiary in nature), pero medyo gumaan ang loob ko.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    [QUOTE=jam2;731885]
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo View Post
    it would be much better if this message was released from toyota inc itself, publicly para matapos na itong issue

Of course toyota wont admit this in public. You know it, don't you? (On the other hand, better nga naman yan than my own initiative. Lumabas pa tuloy na tsismis lang to.)
    Well even in the US most recalls are not brought out through media. A majority are done by just sending the affected owners a letter informing them that their vehicle needs to be serviced for a defect. If the owner takes the vehicle to the dealer for service then the dealer just informs the owner of what needs to be done.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    They cited the diesel fuel as the primary culprit in problems like stalling, hard start, etc., kc daw ang pump nababara. Madumi daw quality diesel natin (pang jeepney lang daw).
    This has got to be the lamest reason. The keep claiming this while CRDi units from Hyundai, Kia, Mitsubishi, Mercedes Benz, etc. are not suffering the same fate from using the same fuel. hehehe. Kung maselan pala, dapat hindi na lang nila inattempt na ibenta dito like Mitsubishi's GDI. At least Mitsu knew it would not work with local fuels without any major mods.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    tsaka ang sakit nun sa d4d owner, pag nasabihan na dahil madumi ang diesel. para na din nila sinabi na hopeless case na and they can't help it.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kapag binatikos mo naman ang Toyota, sasagutin ka lang siguro nila: "Go ahead bumili ka na lang ng [insert brand here]". Toyota sells so many cars, they won't really care if they lost a client or two.

My pal is still seeking my approval prior to purchasing a Fortuner 2.5. Of course up to now I have not given my blessing. But I think he will still buy it. He has not even test driven one but the handsome looks and brand are too good for him to pass up. hehehe. His current car is a Honda SiR. He doesn't really care what a B16 is or what an SiR is about. He just liked the white color that was exclusive to the SiR and the fact that it was a Honda. hehehe. A Sentra Exalta would've fit his needs better but it was neither a Honda nor Toyota. Hence, it was immediately crossed off his shopping list.

I'm still hoping Toyota fixes whatever issues the D4d engines may still have.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Toyota D4D engine woes