New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 160 of 203 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by albert99 View Post
    This forum should be made EXCLUSIVELY FOR YOU AND YOUR FEW FRIENDS. Nakakatakot pala KOMONTRA sa mga feelings at experiences ninyo. This is "un-democratic". If ever there are people who come into this forum who are "new" but have their own opinion regarding the d4d tech (as they are presumed to be d4d owners) that are not in congruence with your design and expectations, your recourse is to threaten them with "WARNING"? You must know that in this country, FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION is guaranteed. WALANG MALI DITO. WALANG STANDARD. You don't have to issue this warning. I would like to tell you and your few friends in this thread that I am leaving for good just so "peace" would reign in your hearts! HAPPY NEW YEAR mga tsikoteers, YOU WIN.
    This applies to all those who feel "oppressed"

First of all, this forum caters to an exclusive group of people by its very nature. While this is a relatively open forum, it does have restrictions for the non-members (inability to post). In a sense, that makes Tsikot.com slightly elitist. Not that it's hard to be a member of our not-so-elite group, the rules are pretty simple.

Second, bakit ka naman matatakot sa amin. You're getting the wrong impression, hindi kami nakatambay sa isang EDSA overpass na naka bazooka at machinegun, nag-aabang ng umaandar na D4D. To anyone who isn't associating the reliability of his engine with his worth as a person, it's immediately apparent that we're trying to find a fix for the people who are indeed having problems. Bottom line is, you've got nothing to fear from us, we're just a bunch of random blokes from all over the world (more on this later) who can do you no harm - not like we care about you or anything.

Third, Tsikot.com isn't the government. As far as I know, Tsikot.com isn't doing anything illegal by having members applying "censors" among each other. I'm sure you've ticked the box saying "I agree" upon registering, which implies you've read and agreed to the rules. That might include "being censored and even banished for saying rubbish" (so to speak), among other things. Another thing, NONE of the people having problems (< 3% overall you say) "voted" to have their engines break down, so I have no idea how your statistics and blabbing about democracy applies in this context. If you want total freedom of speech, there's lots of free-for-all forums out there.

To paraphrase CJayC of US-based GameFAQs.com: Free speech applies to the federal government, not private enterprise. When you joined, you explicitly agreed to the rules of the site. That may include the lack of "right to free speech".

As for "congruence with our expectations", the only thing we expect here is possible causes to the problems and fixes. If you want to praise your D4D as being so reliable, you can start a whole new topic about it - not here, this is a "D4D woes" thread (how many times has that been said?!).

Fourth, which country are you talking about? For all you know, Tsikot may be a North Korea or China based site. Granted that this is a site based on a democratic country, it isn't a democratic country. Tsikot membership is like Tsikot citizenship (as opposed to say, Filipino citizenship), you are granted it's own privileges while bound by it's own rules. It is not the equal to Filipino/American/whatever"freecountry"atleastinprinciple citizenship. Internet Reality: Freedom of speech is not guaranteed in most Internet forums. There's relative freedom of speech though, but this forum is a bit stricter than others in enforcing its "censorship".

And last but not the least, you were never obliged to stay here. Actually, this being the Internet, you're completely free to create your own Hate Tsikot site, or at least bash this thread on a free-for-all site. So yeah, goodbye and good luck!

Sorry everyone (especially the mods), but I can't help it!
    Last edited by Alpha_One; January 8th, 2007 at 12:32 AM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It's mind boggling that when someone starts a thread about poor fuel consumption for the Optra (also solvable by ECU reflash, according to one member) or rattling exhausts on the Crosswind, nobody claims they're sabotaging these cars... pero mention Toyota... WTF, man... :hysterical:
    Don't forget the Honda Civic bad paintjob thread! At least that's dead (for) now... pag naresurrect yun fanboy fest nanaman!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ang labo nga naman ng katwiran nyan si albert, agreyes & company. pinapalabas nila na advocators sila ng free speech pero gusto nila ipasara 'tong thread.

labo ...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    This applies to all those who feel "oppressed"

First of all, this forum caters to an exclusive group of people by its very nature. While this is a relatively open forum, it does have restrictions for the non-members (inability to post). In a sense, that makes Tsikot.com slightly elitist. Not that it's hard to be a member of our not-so-elite group, the rules are pretty simple.

Second, bakit ka naman matatakot sa amin. You're getting the wrong impression, hindi kami nakatambay sa isang EDSA overpass na naka bazooka at machinegun, nag-aabang ng umaandar na D4D. To anyone who isn't associating the reliability of his engine with his worth as a person, it's immediately apparent that we're trying to find a fix for the people who are indeed having problems. Bottom line is, you've got nothing to fear from us, we're just a bunch of random blokes from all over the world (more on this later) who can do you no harm - not like we care about you or anything.

Third, Tsikot.com isn't the government. As far as I know, Tsikot.com isn't doing anything illegal by having members applying "censors" among each other. I'm sure you've ticked the box saying "I agree" upon registering, which implies you've read and agreed to the rules. That might include "being censored and even banished for saying rubbish" (so to speak), among other things. Another thing, NONE of the people having problems (< 3% overall you say) "voted" to have their engines break down, so I have no idea how your statistics and blabbing about democracy applies in this context. If you want total freedom of speech, there's lots of free-for-all forums out there.

To paraphrase CJayC of US-based GameFAQs.com: Free speech applies to the federal government, not private enterprise. When you joined, you explicitly agreed to the rules of the site. That may include the lack of "right to free speech".

As for "congruence with our expectations", the only thing we expect here is possible causes to the problems and fixes. If you want to praise your D4D as being so reliable, you can start a whole new topic about it - not here, this is a "D4D woes" thread (how many times has that been said?!).

Fourth, which country are you talking about? For all you know, Tsikot may be a North Korea or China based site. Granted that this is a site based on a democratic country, it isn't a democratic country. Tsikot membership is like Tsikot citizenship (as opposed to say, Filipino citizenship), you are granted it's own privileges while bound by it's own rules. It is not the equal to Filipino/American/whatever"freecountry"atleastinprinciple citizenship. Internet Reality: Freedom of speech is not guaranteed in most Internet forums. There's relative freedom of speech though, but this forum is a bit stricter than others in enforcing its "censorship".

And last but not the least, you were never obliged to stay here. Actually, this being the Internet, you're completely free to create your own Hate Tsikot site, or at least bash this thread on a free-for-all site. So yeah, goodbye and good luck!

Sorry everyone (especially the mods), but I can't help it!
    thank you. some people just don't get it.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    Djerms, Can you pls ask Toyota if they do reprogramming w/ your Grandia?
    Reprogramming will consume 15min. Malakas kasi ang kutob ko na this is it.
    Until now wala pa akong alam na nag pa-reprogram. Thanks
    Always been my theory.

Quote Originally Posted by agreyes7110 View Post
    And why was I given a warning? I have been participating in this thread since August 2005, and been one of the first to purchase a D4D last April 2005.
    I never badmouthed anyone in this thread, in fact on the contrary I was the one ridiculed, criticized, and suspected without basis, of being a fanboy and salesman of Toyota. (please see previous post).

I am sorry to say but I think this is the height of arrogance for you to censor or even warn me for my statements in this thread. All I ever wanted to point out thru statistics and logical reasoning is this; Firstly,yes there is a D4D problem, but the affected units are so small compared to the number of D4D's out there, not even 3%. Secondly, I want to reassure those who own D4D's that the problem is more of an exception than a rule as this thread would like to make it appear. Thirdly, that this thread should not try to dissuade potential buyers of D4D's simply because inspite of more than a year of discussion, nothing has really happened, not even a formal documentation or complaint to Toyota or to any govt. regulatory agency, in short panay usapan at kwentuhan lang walang concrete action.

And Lastly, keep this thread democratic! everybody has the right to speak up and be heard, and no one should ever arogate the power to censor or even warn any member for his statements. This is against the essence of a public forum like Tsikot.com!
    OT (ulit, I know he's banned, I just can't help!):

He's right, he never badmouthed anyone... he just wanted to shut up everyone who were having problems with their D4D by harrassing them! (How come this kind of behavior never shows up if I post a thread about a faulty Ford MAF sensor?!)

They're right, you are a hypocrite. You call the mods arrogant for warning you. I'm sorry... you say the mods have no right to warn erring members? Obviously you haven't read the rules!

If I had say, a problem with my car's left front indicator lamp, does that make me an exception? YES. Does that mean I can't talk about it? NO! Unless I'm you and my definition of democracy is having the right to say anything except if you're in the minority in which case you cannot say anything at all.

Damn, I never knew I needed formal documentation to talk about my Daihatsu Charade's broken aircon unit! I guess that applies to our Liteace's faulty electricals too! Stupid red tape! :hysterical: :laughbounce: (I guess he's never seen the scan of Toyota's internal memo, which actually serves as somewhat of an acknowledgement of the problem. Of course, it ain't no "formal documentation" so it isn't valid.)

Let me repeat it for the "democrazy" people: this is a public forum owned by a private entity, there is no such thing as free speech except perhaps the definition of the site management of what may or may not be said. Democracy was never the "essence of a public forum". In case you haven't caught on yet, this is a public forum because the posts are read freely by everyone, not because it's democratic. Know how the Internet works.
    Last edited by Alpha_One; January 8th, 2007 at 07:35 AM.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Mga Chong baka mapagbintangan tayo ulit nyan. Back to topic nalang tayo.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kasi naman tulungan nalang natin yun mga may problema sa d4d nila. At ikalat kung anu man remedio o repairs na ginawa sa kanilang unit. Kahit sa workshop kahit na kaliit liitan na sira tulung tulung na pinag iisipan ng mga peeps dito kung pano ayusin ng poster. Though most of the peeps here haven't met personally nagka bond na din kami, yes including you agreyes and albert99, so just in case your vehicle, be it an innova or any make, breaks downs in the middle of a street you can count on the people here to help. So cool lang tayo and lets get back to the topic.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    ang labo nga naman ng katwiran nyan si albert, agreyes & company. pinapalabas nila na advocators sila ng free speech pero gusto nila ipasara 'tong thread.

labo ...

Natumbok mo!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Never ending cycle ito... as i see it... tsk.. tsk.. tsk...

Isa lang nagsalita, 10 ang sumagot.... I think may tsikot brotherhood nga...

oh well.....

WBR,

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    peeps, gawa na kaya tayo na "D4D engine woes club." EB tayo kahit once a year...hehe

Toyota D4D engine woes