New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 203 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lord
    The Warranty officer at P.Tamo told me that it occured at certain production.. This could be by batches.. But the question is how to qualify those batches.. and how will you know if you are included in those batches.. =)

3 of us has posted and directly claimed that our units have experienced that cold starting problem (altec and larshell) all G models I think. Both larshell and I has a Night mist color (that's why I Joke abt it =)) but mine is manual and his is AT.

So mahirap talaga iqualify. Habol ko na lng are
    to have my unit's fuel system replaced, have a good SA with mechanics and the commitment of toyota to its customers.

Just like the warranty officer told me, hindi pababayaan ng toyota yung IMV market. So i think toyota will do its part to this issue.
    It's quite a relief to know that. Sana maging masigasig ang Toyota sa pag-ayos ng ganitong problema ng D4D. Thanks again for the updates!
    Its a little bit strange about the body color, though..Do is sense a grain of truth in it? j/k

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    my friend's fortuner D4D 3.0v also got stalled in NLEX and was towed to a toyota dealer. He told me that the fuel pump system bogged down and must be replaced. No stock available yet, have to wait at least for a month. The fact that fuel pump problem also exist in diesel fortuner, not only in innova.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mine is 2.5E manual. Pero as of today, di pa bumabalik ang problema ever since I cleaned and tightened the fuel filter.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    even if palitan ng toyota yung "defective" denso pump, may mga parts na ng makina na medyo na over-use, say the starter and battery because of this hard starting. also medyo magkakatama na ang piston rings and cylinder side walls because you have to rev the engine immediately para wag mamatay eh di pa umaakyat yung langis kasi malamig pa ang makina. doing this everyday can cause serious damage to your engine and will lead to an earlier overhaul.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cary168
    my friend's fortuner D4D 3.0v also got stalled in NLEX and was towed to a toyota dealer. He told me that the fuel pump system bogged down and must be replaced. No stock available yet, have to wait at least for a month. The fact that fuel pump problem also exist in diesel fortuner, not only in innova.
    Yes i also heard this stall incident of fortuner D4d 3.0 at Nlex dunno if this is the same incident. My friend is one of the supervisor at shell Sta rita inside Nlex one of thier customer make a stopover at Shell after eating, Fortuner D4d wont start at all, Toyota have to tow the Fortuner.
    This is really badnews for us owners of toyota D4d.
    I only hope that Toyota will act on this Fast.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cary168
    I think the mere fact that D4D Fortuner, Innova and Hilux are all using same pump manufacturer ( Denso ), there is always a possibility for all of these model to face the same problems anytime. It's getting to be a bit scary now to drive these vehicles in quite far places because the fear of "what about if it stopped suddenly" and you are in the middle of nowhere. People will say na walang problem ang unit nila pero the fact na kaparehong model din nila ang nagkakaproblema, reliability of his/her car model I think is still questionable.Dami na reported problems eh.
    Di sa nagmamarunong ako mga igan pero di ba nakakaworry mag drive lalong lalo na malalayong lugar if hindi ka sure sa ride mo kung magiging okay ba sya o hindi?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    google for more D4D problems... from ones fitted to the Rav4, Hi-Ace, Avensis, Land Cruiser, etc...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    google for more D4D problems... from ones fitted to the Rav4, Hi-Ace, Avensis, Land Cruiser, etc...
    'Di na pala kelangan mag-install ng anti-carjacking device. The vehicle will stall on its own... Hehehe...

*cary168: Please ask your friend to post his 3.0V D4D problem. If ever, he is the 1st Fortuner owner victim. Pa-include kamo ng usage history and fuel/gas-station information.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Don't be a victim. Choose wisely.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    There's a problem din pala wd D4d abroad, Rav4 and AVensis. Nag google ako like mazdamazda said.

Toyota D4D engine woes