New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 159 of 203 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Jam2,

1. Those posting here are just sharing their experiences or insight with regards to D4D equipped vehicles.

2. It is still up to the reader of this forum to judge if this problem is the exception or the norm. The fact that the problem still exists says a lot about it.

3. Concrete action? If you have been reading carefully - there are constant updates on what Toyota did to the affected D4D vehicles. There were those who had their entire fuel system replaced and some just need a 15 min reprogramming. Heck, in another thread I commended Toyota for still honoring the warranty of these vehicles even if the repair bill reached P100K.

4. Keeping this thread open is the least help that we can do for those affected with the D4D problem or to those who are thinking of purchasing a D4D equipped vehicle (like myself, I have already made a reservation for a Fortuner 3.0L D4D but withdrew from buying it).

Until this was thread was given "color" by some people out there - a good technical discussion was on going to determine the source of the problem. So far it seems that the low lubricity of our local diesel fuel is the cause of these problems so far.

My apologies to the threadstarter for another colorful exchange of words. This will be my last comment regarding this issue. I'll be deleting all other off-topic posts afterwards.
    ok lang sir mazdamazda. keep up the good work.

wag ka na sir delete some posts. deadma na lang namin pag medyo mainit na post. promise ko rin yun kay sir larshell, hehe

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Thanks Mazdamazda for keeping this thread clean.

Larshell,
    DO you know of any shop who can do the reprogramming of our D4d? Its taking too long at toyota and being a company vehicle, its always needed here in our office. Minsan nga tinataguan ko nalang boss ko para hindi niya mamention eh. Hehe. Anyway, I still hope that this is also a case of reprogramming and no major part replacement.

TIA.
    Sa Toyota QA doon na reprogram yong Innova ko. Mr. Jimmy Sanorias Kausap ko warranty officer dun. Try nyo kung pwede pa pull out sa pinagdalhan nyo.
    Para masubukan natin kung ito na nga solution. Kung pwede lang.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    A warning has been give to you for posting on what I deem as off topic posts. Yes this is a subjective call but after reviewing all your posts I am surprised why you are just repeatedly posting here in the D4D woes thread on how satisfied you are with your ride. Why don't you just post it in the Innova thread instead?

Censorship? Let me quote you on your earlier post:

Now... after telling us:

- not to report this to the media
    - not to dissuade others from buying a D4D equipped vehicle
    - that those posting their D4D problems are from the competitor

so that the resale value of your precious Innova remains high - you lecture me about censorship?

If you have any qualms about the the warnings that I have given... please try to read the Tsikot.com User Rules & Regulations. Let me highlight this:

So there you have it.
    Sorry but I don't see anything reprehensible in what I stated to merit a warning from you, more strong language have been used here before by some of the members. Besides, this was posted last 2005, and you give me a warning now in 2007?
    Please don't respond anymore its becoming pathetic, embarrasing for you and if fact laughable.
    I rest my case.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by agreyes7110 View Post
    Sorry but I don't see anything reprehensible in what I stated to merit a warning from you, more strong language have been used here before by some of the members. Besides, this was posted last 2005, and you give me a warning now in 2007?
    Please don't respond anymore its becoming pathetic, embarrasing for you and if fact laughable.
    I rest my case.

laughable talaga yan si mazda. este...papable pala.

don't worry...you can laugh all you want now.

call this board undemocratic. remember, WE OWN THIS BOARD. we will do anything in our power to keep up with the rules.

this thread is not about "DONT BUY THIS PIECE OF CRAP D4D"

this thread is about THE PROBLEMS PEOPLE ENCOUNTERED WITH THE D4D. just like any other engines that had problems in the past.

now, if you don't like how we post, how we treat this forum...get the hell out of here and treat your cars to dinner.

wwoooossaaaah...now back to watching my beloved bea alonzo and papa john lloyd....ninuninu
    Last edited by GlennSter; January 7th, 2007 at 05:17 AM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza View Post
    Hi larshell, Did you ever put additives like biodiesel on your engine? coz so far my D4D is ok and I'm planning to put biodiesel once it gets 15K on it's ODO. My ODO reading is now 12K
    to bongliza:
    good day to you just want to get some info about this biodiesel additive what are the effects or advantages if there is is thre a certain brand that you can recommend? im always out of the country just need some advice when i home please e mail me big_daddy_wow*yahoo.com

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Big daddy,
    Welcome to Tsikot!

You can get info on Biodiesel here:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5503

HTH

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    My first time here to post:

Sir mazdamazda and company, may I ask, is this thread only for those papas and mamas with D4d problems? Mukhang very strict ang "CENSORSHIP" dito, as I can sense there is a war of words going on here among those protecting the vision and mission of this forum (like you, larshell, beebs, etc.) and those protecting the essence of democratic exchange of opinions (like agreyes, albert99, etc.).

My piece of advise to those who have encountered problems with their d4ds: WAG UMASA SA MGA KUMUSTAHAN AT TSISMISAN, GO AND VISIT YOUR CAR DEALERS ASAP. Do not wait for someone to tell you that you have a problem na. Sa mga walang problema sa kanilang d4d: CELEBRATE and pray hard for a better ride year-round! Refrain from insisting na ang problems ay exception at isolated lang statistically, kahit totoo yan or what.

Sa mga managers ng thread na ito: You should make this as a formal organization, like registering this with the SEC, or any government accreditation agency in order for the group to have a legal identity. Siguro the items/problems in this forum can be DOCUMENTED kasama ang mga taong involved.

(THIS MAY SOUND OT. sorry)

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post

Sir mazdamazda and company, may I ask, is this thread only for those papas and mamas with D4d problems? Mukhang very strict ang "CENSORSHIP" dito, as I can sense there is a war of words going on here among those protecting the vision and mission of this forum (like you, larshell, beebs, etc.) and those protecting the essence of democratic exchange of opinions (like agreyes, albert99, etc.).

My piece of advise to those who have encountered problems with their d4ds: WAG UMASA SA MGA KUMUSTAHAN AT TSISMISAN, GO AND VISIT YOUR CAR DEALERS ASAP. Do not wait for someone to tell you that you have a problem na. Sa mga walang problema sa kanilang d4d: CELEBRATE and pray hard for a better ride year-round! Refrain from insisting na ang problems ay exception at isolated lang statistically, kahit totoo yan or what.

Sa mga managers ng thread na ito: You should make this as a formal organization, like registering this with the SEC, or any government accreditation agency in order for the group to have a legal identity. Siguro the items/problems in this forum can be DOCUMENTED kasama ang mga taong involved.

The owners of these vehicles have gone to their dealers. Numerous times. If you'll look a dozen pages or so back, you'll see where Larshell posted that Toyota Motor Corporation had finally issued an internal memo regarding the problem instructing dealers to reprogram the ECU.

In every post since, Larshell says that it has worked so far. Eh di, hindi na siya "anti-Toyota"... "pro-Toyota" na siya. But people aren't fighting with him... Because his intention in posting these things is to help others with this problem find a solution.

Agreyes was not banned as a form of censorship. He was banned for harrassing other D4D owners in this forum, and claiming that their problem is nothing but a scam to scare other buyers away from his beloved Innova. If this is so... then why does Larshell report his problem has been solved?

Agreyes (and albert99, wherever he is) was repeatedly admonished by other members (such as myself... I may be combative, but I hate to see petty fights) not to pick personal fights. They were finally warned by the moderators not to harrass other posters. Agreyes finally ended up spamming other threads and impugning on a moderator (mazdamazda - yes, pare, I saw those other posts before they were deleted). Harrassing a moderator is a good way to get yourself banned. Note: Di yan personalan. It was another moderator who banned him.

The reason why the punishment might seem harsh is that mazdamazda has erased the worst of their posts to keep the fight from becoming heated.

Peace, man.

-----

It's mind boggling that when someone starts a thread about poor fuel consumption for the Optra (also solvable by ECU reflash, according to one member) or rattling exhausts on the Crosswind, nobody claims they're sabotaging these cars... pero mention Toyota... WTF, man... :hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    [QUOTE=niky;731198
    It's mind boggling that when someone starts a thread about poor fuel consumption for the Optra (also solvable by ECU reflash, according to one member) or rattling exhausts on the Crosswind, nobody claims they're sabotaging these cars... pero mention Toyota... WTF, man... :hysterical:[/QUOTE]

Well said Niky. I still can't understand the blind loyalty that people have for Toyota and Honda whenever a thread is started that mentions their faults. People have to understand that you are nothing more than a sales statistic to these corporations, unless of course you get something else for defending them.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post

your second paragraph (parts in CAPS) is good advice. don't take complete stock in any one side when making your car purchase decision - don't put on the rose-colored glasses of the fanboy, while at the same time don't be completely discouraged by any reports of problems, unless there is overwhelming statistical evidence that too many of these cars suck.

after all, you can google any car model and you'll find an article or posting somewhere complaining of its problems.

i'm trying my best not to chime in on what i think of the trolling and harrassing comments, so i'll just add a +1 to niky's comments

Toyota D4D engine woes