New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 120 of 203 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    you bet! After more than year, Innova and Fortuner are the best deals in town! you get your money's worth just open your eyes and see!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by agreyes7110 View Post
    I also have just had my 20,000 km, PMS, in my Innova E D4D, no problems whatsover and very satisfied with the performance and most especially with the fuel economy. Galing talaga ng Toyota!
    Saan ka pa? Try ninyo with a timer. Usually sa normal traffic in Metro-Manila, an average of every 2 minutes you will see an Innova, tapos every 4 minutes a Fortuner!

Or sa Parking space sa SM, most of the new cars are either Innovas, Fortuners or Vios. Lalo pa siguro pag dating ng Avanza. Pack-up na talaga ang ibang car manufacturers, siguro black propaganda na lang pag-asa nila!
    so in 1 hour nakakita ka ng 30 innovas and 15 fortuners ...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I am not also affiliated with any car companies. I just a happy owner of a 1 1/2 year old Innova E D4D. I just think its unfair that some people here discourages new buyers from buying a D4D thereby depriving these people of the advantages of an Innova D4D. Trying to magnify a few problematic D4D's to make it appear as common to all D4D's is I believe a falsehood and misleading to the public.

If this is true, with all the Innovas and Fortuners out there, e di sana nagkalat na ang mga "choking innovas" sa kalye, e actually wala pa akong nakitang ni isang nakatirik na Innova or Fortuner sa daan! Also with a problem like this e di sana na press na ito daming car critics sa mga leading newspapers and magazines!
    Congratulations and good for you! And I think you should be thankful that your innova d4d is not among those who have the choking problem..

Likewise, I agree with you that people should not magnify the issues involving "a few problematic d4d's", as you mentioned, because most rational people I know who are aware of an existing major problem in a production car will stay away from that car and spend their hard earned money somewhere else.

I for one, told my relatives & friends there to stay away from the d4d's until toyota has acknowledged and totally fixed the problem because there's a chance, no matter how small, that they might regret it later. Let me make it clear that its only the d4d's and not all toyota's as a whole. Now, I don't think that's "unfair", as you mentioned, but rather it's better to be safe than sorry..

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    If this is true, with all the Innovas and Fortuners out there, e di sana nagkalat na ang mga "choking innovas" sa kalye, e actually wala pa akong nakitang ni isang nakatirik na Innova or Fortuner sa daan! Also with a problem like this e di sana na press na ito daming car critics sa mga leading newspapers and magazines!

Let me clear that I'm not affiliated w/ any Car Manufacturer. I have proof that my unit had this problem. I also posted some pictures that showing Toyota recognises the problem but not issuing a recall. In fact TMPC issue a MEMO ordering a reprogramming of ECU of Innova and Fortuner wd D4d engine having this problem. If you want some proof see page 58.http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...=23197&page=58
    Hindi rin mangyayari yong sinasabi mo na kakalat sa kalsada yong nakatirik na Fortuner and Innova dahil hihilahin agad ng toyota yon. Karamihan naman ng may problema umaandar din kaya lang kelangan mo pang rev for a few second.Maswerte ka kasi wala kang problema sa Innova mo. Sana wag kang magkaproblema.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I tried the two-minute car observation test along McArthur Highway, and during that time I saw
    1 Innova
    0 Fortuners
    30 tricycles
    6 Civics
    2 Pajeros
    6 passenger buses
    10 cargo trucks
    and a motley assortment of other brands and makes of vehicles.

So does that mean the people of Pangasinan are unwise buyers because there are more Civics than Innovas on the road here? Or maybe, since I saw so many tricycles, I should sell my Starex and buy a tricycle since it's so popular here

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It still pays to let the public know that the problem does occur. If the Starex (which is hordes more popular than the Innova) had engine woes, then it probably would have its own thread here. But it doesn't. The Starex did have corrosion problems with the front fender pre-2000 and has you can read about it here at the forums. The problem has since been addressed. Current Starex problems based on the forums include premature failure of the Hankook Mileage Plus tires that came standard with some units. But we don't hear Starex owners accusing anyone of black propaganda.

No one is trying to magnify the problem. We are just here to inform and our readers/forumer will still decide in the end how they want to spend their money.

If anything it has been Toyota that is trying to downplay the existence of problems with their D4d units. Agents will bluntly say to your face na WALANG KAPROBLE-PROBLEMA ang D4d. It's perfect!
    Last edited by OTEP; October 27th, 2006 at 11:08 AM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    matagal tagal naring lurker dito. hello!

my fort din ako pero hindi ako bulag sa katotohanang nagkalat na ang mga fort sa daan. wala ng prestige. minsan pakiramdam mo mas marami pa sa altis.

dapat may recall na toyota. buti nalang gasoline variant kinuha ko. btw mikey177, walang sense post mo. fort owner ka? sakit ba sa ego? tanggapin mo lang dahil totoo naman.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    :popcorn:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No, slashdot. I don't own a Fortuner. I own a Sedona and a Starex.

I was trying to point out the flaw in the post of agreyes who posits that a buyer can gauge the popularity of a particular model by the number of units in the road and thus use it as basis for a purchase decision.

For one thing, popularity isn't everything. I don't even consider it to be a factor when I buy a car.

For my 2006 purchase, I chose a Starex over an Innova or other vans because I value peace of mind and trouble-free operation more than brand prestige. Don't get me wrong, I have a close friend who has a D-4D Innova and he has had no problems with his unit ever since. But the point is, a problem has been reported by some forum members with their D-4D units, and the risk --however statistically small-- of the same problem occurring to me if I should buy an Innova, is one I am not willing to take. I travel on provincial roads at all hours of the day and night and I need a vehicle that is as near 100 percent reliable as it can be.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by slashdot View Post
    btw mikey177, walang sense post mo. fort owner ka? sakit ba sa ego? tanggapin mo lang dahil totoo naman.
    so much for a first post. ever heard of the term irony, slashdot?

Toyota D4D engine woes